how are these songs goin over?

Gizzyboo

• Members

If your gonna cover a TP tune I use to have huge success with
Mary Jane's Last Dance
back in the day. The Byran Adam's is to obscure and would go over like a bad fart on the dance floor.

Good luck

In my recent experience, Mary Jane was met with audible groans from the crowd so it has been dropped for good. Admittedly it was a easy, lazy crutch we would use to kill 5 minutes. Better off that it's gone. American Girl always goes over though.

• Members
In my recent experience, Mary Jane was met with audible groans from the crowd so it has been dropped for good. Admittedly it was a easy, lazy crutch we would use to kill 5 minutes. Better off that it's gone. American Girl always goes over though.

It's all good bro I was just tossing TP cover that use to work for us. Personally I shy away from old geezer rock even though I am a old geezer myself at 49.
youngster here my area don't wanna hear their parent music. :)

• Members

american Girl is something that I have seen all ages enjoy. The ones screaming the loudest for it are usually under 30. :idk: As far as Mary Janes Last Dance. I always found it boring and wouldn't work well for us but I have seen it work well with bands that have a lot of Jam Band covers in their set.

• Members
american Girl is something that I have seen all ages enjoy. The ones screaming the loudest for it are usually under 30.
:idk:
As far as Mary Janes Last Dance. I always found it boring and wouldn't work well for us but I have seen it work well with bands that have a lot of Jam Band covers in their set.

MJLD always works with the snowboarder/hippie crowd for us.

• Members
american Girl is something that I have seen all ages enjoy. The ones screaming the loudest for it are usually under 30.
:idk:
As far as Mary Janes Last Dance. I always found it boring and wouldn't work well for us but I have seen it work well with bands that have a lot of Jam Band covers in their set.

Never done american girl with the band but acoustic solo crowds seem to love it. We do a mashup of MJLD with Dani California which goes over well but doesn't kill. Its only for the 3 1/2 hour shows, we don't play it in 2 hour shows.

• Members

MJLD always works with the snowboarder/hippie crowd for us.

Yes. I know tons of people that fall into this catagory. They don't come see us though. They are hooked on another local band that is all guys in their mid 20s and they play almost nothing but classic rock with some DMB and of course Mary Jane tossed in.

Meaning the song and "the reefer"

• Members

It's all good bro I was just tossing TP cover that use to work for us. Personally I shy away from old geezer rock even though I am a old geezer myself at 49.

youngster here my area don't wanna hear their parent music.
:)

Oh yeah man, totally understood. And that wasn't directed at you or anything, just stating our own experience since that song came up. I'm a lot of it had to do with our fat, homely, no-personality lead singer at the time too, but either way, we've moved on. American Girl will never go away though.

Archived