So where are you playing this holiday weekend?

• Members

Anybody else playing? My band has our guest ranch gig tonight. Friday we are driving 550 miles one way to play a street dance on Saturday in one of guitar players home town. Driving back on Monday. This is our 4th year doing this and it is usually alot of fun depending on the weather. It is suppose to be about 80 and no rain so it should be a great gig.

• Members

I'm playing a private party Friday night, then taking the rest of the weekend off. I turned down a bunch of offers to play on Saturday.

In addition to my regular job, I played 13 shows this month. Gotta take time for the family once in a while.

• Moderators

My mashup band is off but the indie rock band in which I play drums has a nice manageable 45 minute set at a place
with a house drum kit
:love:

Don't you love that? Honestly I really really wish more places had a basic backline. It seemed somewhat common in NYC from what I remember...

• Members

Don't you love that? Honestly I really really wish more places had a basic backline. It seemed somewhat common in NYC from what I remember...

so does LA.. just not Austin. I think every band member should one time break down a drum kit in their living room, bag all of it up, carry all of it into a club, set it up and break it down while the rest of the band is off trying to get laid.

if there is an in house drum kit I'll even play in Thunderdome.

• Moderators

so does LA.. just not Austin. I think every band member should one time break down a drum kit in their living room, bag all of it up, carry all of it into a club, set it up and break it down while the rest of the band is off trying to get laid.

Gah, I know. I just love breaking down and setting up a kit to play for 40 minutes. :facepalm:

• Members

We took off as well. I'm going to spend the weekend, which has already started for me, riding my motorcycle, cooking up some good grub, having some cold ones, and hitting the pool. My wife is leaving at 7am to ride her bike to Kentucky with a couple girlfriends, so it's me and the dogs for the next 10 days. Lots of hot and spicy food I can't cook while she's here. Thai, Indian, Jerk Chicken. All the good stuff. I'm going to stop in a music store tomorrow that supposedly has a Kronos in stock.

• Members

Playing Friday and Saturday after a much needed weekend off. These are just solid, regular gigs in our rotation. However, the Friday gig is at a place that has a PA and soundman...makes our night easy!

• Members

We have a really good "free" outdoor gig on the Fourth...playing in an amphitheater at a city park in a neighboring town. The town is providing fireworks, "Splash Pad, Waterslide, Climbing Rockwall, Mechanical Bull, Jousting, Moonwalks, Bungee Trampoline, Train, Face Painting, Pony Rides, and a Petting Zoo". And our band (we're an Eagles tribute band). Should be fun, but it'll be about 100 degrees when we start at 7 pm!

• Members

exactly... If I bring PA AND play drums it better be Jessica Alba's bachelerorette party

I own the PA, so yaaa.. normal occurrence for me. Thankfully the rhythm guitarist in the band is a huge help and helps me haul it all in and out and even sets up some PA stuff.

• Members

We have the weekend off from club gigs, purposely. We do have a private party tomorrow for a couple hours. Quick and Easy. then beach on sunday/monday for me.... it will be the first time in probbaly 5 or 6 years i've been to a beach (that wasn't a vacation in the carribean)!

Archived