Are you adding any holiday/Christmas-related songs to your set?

BATCAT

• Members

well, yes, of course CHRISTmas is a Christian celebration.

Um, no, it isn't.

Again, Winter Solstice.

As I recall, the apparent timing for the supposed birth of Christ wasn't even in what we now consider December.

YOUR Christmas may be Christian, but by definition, the significance of the late December celebration that's now called Christmas? As un-Christian as there is.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

. For example, not buying from Target/Daytons because part of the consumer's $$ goes to planned parenthood, and instead shopping somewhere that doesn't do so.

Note to self: immediately start shopping even more frequently at Target.

• Members
YOUR Christmas may be Christian, but by definition, the significance of the late December celebration that's now called Christmas? As un-Christian as there is.

yes, I am well aware that the actual date isn't certain. The point is, you can certainly celebrate a winter solstace season. But there would be no reason to celebrate CHRISTmas, if it weren't for Jesus Christ.

• Members

I didn't say I had one.

Well you kind of have been, though: because some people/companies choose to say or advertise happy holidays or seasons greetings, rather than specifically noting Christmas, you take issue with them.

That sure sounds like someone saying they have a problem with the broader season celebration, apparently at the expense of singling out Christmas.

Again, I don't think anybody is saying YOU can't or shouldn't celebrate or think aboutchristmas exactly how YOU want. But I still don't get why it's such a problem if other people or businesses choose to be broader or more inclusive (less exclusive) about their messaging, or why anyone would feel the need to basically shove their beliefs at others who may/may not share them.

• Members
Well you kind of have been, though: because some people/companies choose to say or advertise happy holidays or seasons greetings, rather than specifically noting Christmas, you take issue with them.

That sure sounds like someone saying they have a problem with the broader season celebration, apparently at the expense of singling out Christmas.

Again, I don't think anybody is saying YOU can't or shouldn't celebrate or think aboutchristmas exactly how YOU want. But I still don't get why it's such a problem if other people or businesses choose to be broader or more inclusive (less exclusive) about their messaging, or why anyone would feel the need to basically shove their beliefs at others who may/may not share them.

I don't have the slightest problem with your first sentence. In fact when it is someone I don't know, I usually greet them with a non-religious greeting because I don't know what their beliefs are. My only issue is with those who try to keep CHRISTMAS but want to take Christ out of it. You aren't celebrating CHRISTMAS if you aren't celebrating the birth of Christ. Happy Holidays is perfect if you don't believe in Christ.

• Members

I don't have the slightest problem with your first sentence. In fact when it is someone I don't know, I usually greet them with a non-religious greeting because I don't know what their beliefs are. My only issue is with those who try to keep CHRISTMAS but want to take Christ out of it. You aren't celebrating CHRISTMAS if you aren't celebrating the birth of Christ. Happy Holidays is perfect if you don't believe in Christ.

See, again, this is why I, and many others, have an issue with what I'll call a typical Christian mindset;

Christmas is whatever I, or someone else chooses to make it. It is not defined by YOU, or by other Christians.

I will be celebrating Christmas on 12/25, just like I have every year of my life.

The difference between your celebration and mine, is mine will have no Christ/other religious aspects.

It's still Christmas as far as me and mine are concerned.

Youre more than welcome to disagree, and believe that Christmas, by definition, needs to be whatever you feel it is.

That doesn't make it so, however. There are a significant number of people on this planet who celebrate Christmas as a non- religious holiday. You really have no need to care one way or another that they do, and frankly, it's far more Christian for ou to NOT take issue with it than to hold some sort of grudge about it.

• Members
See, again, this is why I, and many others, have an issue with what I'll call a typical Christian mindset;

Christmas is whatever I, or someone else chooses to make it. It is not defined by YOU, or by other Christians.

I will be celebrating Christmas on 12/25, just like I have every year of my life.

The difference between your celebration and mine, is mine will have no Christ/other religious aspects.

It's still Christmas as far as me and mine are concerned.

Youre more than welcome to disagree, and believe that Christmas, by definition, needs to be whatever you feel it is.

That doesn't make it so, however. There are a significant number of people on this planet who celebrate Christmas as a non- religious holiday. You really have no need to care one way or another that they do, and frankly, it's far more Christian for ou to NOT take issue with it than to hold some sort of grudge about it.

I have no issue with anyone celebrating a winter holiday.

• Members

well, its stupid to celebrate a holiday if you don't believe in it. The silly left-leaners want it to be a non-religeous holiday, void of anything Christ-like. Why not just ignore it if your beliefs aren't Christian?

The christians took just about every Christmas tradition that they have from the Pagans.

There's nothing wrong with people wanting to make Christmas more like is was in the old "Winter Solstice" days.

• Members

I have no issue with anyone celebrating a winter holiday.

Just so long as they don't refer to it as "Christmas"?

Frankly, that's quite petty, and totally contrary to any/every thing I understand as truly Christian.

Again, in my experience, to be expected, unfortunately.

Archived