Your most obscure song that kills

Kramerguy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We do a punk (very fast) version of "Five Hundred Miles" by The Proclaimers that people flip for. Lots of fun to play and very simple...

Hell yeah. I gotta bring that one in again, it always did great with the ladies back in the day.

But srsly guise, check out Henrietta. I am amazed at how well it goes over, considering approximately NO ONE has heard it.

• Members

My last band did "Watching the Detectives" which did very well for us. When lead player suggested it I said, "cool song but not sure if it is right for us". We did it and it killed. I'm not sure if they still do it or not, but I am adding to my acoustic rotation for when I get my duo (with bass player) going.

• Members
Here's our version. Pretty ridiculous drums too, at least the way our drummer does it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1016608&songID=11191164

Nice! I enjoyed that. :)

That's actually a reasonably straight interpretation, with the exception of the obviously changed instrumentation and the phrasing of the bass line (which bothered me, to be honest). Good work overall, though! :thu:

If I can figure out how to do that bass part and sing at the same time, I might convince the guys to add this one, too. :)
Brian V.

• Members

We have about a dozen Gear Daddies songs in our arsenal. Nearly all of them go over great around here. Some others....

Sweet Goddess of Love and Beer-PAPA CHUBBY
Radar Gun-BOTTLE ROCKETS
{censored} Town-LIVE
Cleopatra-CHRIS DUARTE
Shadow Play-RORY GALLAGHER
What in the Funk Do You See-WILD CHERRY
Take the Harley-The Billys
Pop Fly-KORY AND THE FIREFLIES

And a few originals that get requested at our main venues.

Archived