Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Members

I had a chance to look over this thread in more detail this morning. there are ALOT of good bands linked to this thread. I also had an oppurtunity to check out other band sites, and compare ours. I can see we need to upgrade ASAP. we also need some better pics....which are coming in the studio. we are also having some video shot as well.

I also negleted to give you folks a bio to look at. the bio at our site is down for now, but here's a link to one on us at Michigan Artists.Com: MIartBIO

cool.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey I made the leap. Where's Dr. Beckett?

Band: Cherri & the Violators

Type of Music: Guitar driven Blues Rock, original blues, original MOR AOR.

What is MY role? Manager, lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, booker, agent, personnel manager,

CD releases:

First Offense, 2003
Empty Pockets 2005

• Members

My band is called The Shroud of Lowell, we're a hard rock trio, doing original material. The style is eclectic, with influences that range from Sabbath, Bowie, Nick Cave to the Stones, Beatles and ZZ Top.

We've been together for 2 1/2 years, I compose songs, play guitar and sing. My bass player writes and sings also. Me and the drummer played in the eighties new wave band The Nails, so we have professional writing, recording and performing experience.

At our age and with the music buisness the way it is I don't expect to get a major record deal. I just want to write cool songs, make indie CD's and play for people that dig it.

• Members

Hello My name is Stephen Robertson I am 25 years old. I play lead guitar in my band Separation of Self. The band website is in my signature. Please check us out if you are into heavy metal. We have only been togeather for about 10 months and already have a full length cd available.
Please visit our myspace account www.myspace.com/separationofself

• Members
Originally posted by shreddersteve
Hello My name is Stephen Robertson I am 25 years old. I play lead guitar in my band Separation of Self. The band website is in my signature. Please check us out if you are into heavy metal. We have only been togeather for about 10 months and already have a full length cd available.
Please visit our myspace account www.myspace.com/separationofself

I just wanna say to you....you guys are BAD ASS...I will have to get a CD.

just wanted you to know.

kinda reminds me of Taproot....but better....cool.gif

• Members

Howdy. I'm Botch, and I followed Lee over from the Musicplayer forums.
I play in a dance/variety band called Puddlestone; pics and MP3's can be seen at www.puddlestone.net (WARNING: we ain't purty biggrin.gif )
We play a variety from bluegrass to Metallica, Maroon 5 to Rick James. Puddlestone are:
Jeff - main lead vocals and bass
JP - vocals, guitar, harp
Wayne - vocals, electronic drums
Botch - Keyboards, vocals, fiddle, harp, tenor sax
Danny - our college-trained soundman, so glad he puts up with us!
We aren't the best musicians in the world, but we put on a good show and have the variety (four lead singers, harmonies on all tunes, and six or seven different instruments) to keep things interesting. Glad to be here!

• Members

I play in a country-folk-blues thang called Caliche Dust. We gig about twice a month, 95% covers. I'm working on finishing a CD.
www.calichedust.com - I'm the electric guitar player. We started as a duo, then added drums and bass... we've recently added another singer, and are trying to find a dependable drummer.

I'm also looking for another band locally - more of a cover band, doing country, or older r&b and soul stuff... something to help me stretch my chops.

• Members

Hello all. Name is Steve, 33 years. Glad to finally see a band forum.

Band - TK-421

Music Type - Modern rock originals, some covers - mostly in the hair rock vein.

My Role - Bass player, backup singer, and all around band mommie.

Website - www.tk-421.net or www.myspace.com/tk421band

Tidbits about us - Self recorded and produced our first effort "Hollow" in 2002. About to release our second cd, "Disengaged". If you like melodic hard rock, stop by and have a listen.

• Members

Our band is best described as follows: www.735band.com. I am the old fart playing bass. I don't drink. My face is always that red. I work out in the sun everyday. We just like to play out about 2-3 times a month. Get together about every Thurs. night at the studio, and relax, go over some new songs, try to remember the old ones. The drummer and the girl singer are married. Me and Greg are basically the sidemen. We keep it short and simple. We have way too much gear, but its my only habit. We play the local club/bar scene, but try to play for corporate parties and society type gigs where we can make some guaranteed money.

• Members

hello my names John and i used to play drums in a local death metal band from here (bellingham, wa), we only got to about one show before everyone called it quits but we ended up writing some decent material for the time being, check us out at

www.soundclick.com/churchburn

we played death/black in the vein of windir, kalmah, children of bodom, marduk, mayhem, at the gates, etc.

• Members

My name is Patrick and I'm in the band Slik, we're based in the Netherlands. We're an original hard rock band, lyrics are in Dutch. So if you wanna have a laugh (if you're not Dutch or Belgian), check out the site :

www.slikonline.nl

We perform about 1-2 times a month, but it's all small scale (bar's, small festivals).

• Members
Originally posted by THX1138
Hello all. Name is Steve, 33 years. Glad to finally see a band forum.

Band - TK-421

Music Type - Modern rock originals, some covers - mostly in the hair rock vein.

My Role - Bass player, backup singer, and all around band mommie.

Website - www.tk-421.net or www.myspace.com/tk421band

Tidbits about us - Self recorded and produced our first effort "Hollow" in 2002. About to release our second cd, "Disengaged". If you like melodic hard rock, stop by and have a listen.

whooooooo.....I had to take a break after this shit. right on. you guys are bad.

eek.gifredface.gif

• Members

Our band is KillyourComputer....
My name is Donald and I am 35 numerous original bands under our belts we try to jam out twice a week and gig about every2 to 4 weeks
I am the bassist that has switched to guitar out of necessity
7string baritone guitar that is (it's almost a bass)
I am also the recording engineer somebodys got to do it because you can't leave it up to the singer or drummer....smile.gif

Nice to hear some cool music for a change and i like the way the message board has changed..

www.myspace.com/killyourcomputer

www.killyourcomputer.us

a.k.a. +++TheZombie+++

• Members

Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a guitaraholic......
Wait, wrong forum.
Actually I'm in a cover band (at least for the present moment) in Baltimore, MD. We call ourselves Driving Blind. (Yeah, I know, it's been used before but it's the name of a Ray Bradbury novel so bfd) It's a good name.

driving blind
Sound clips!

We are all in our 40's and just do this for fun but we sound pretty damn good if I say so myself.

We do 2 gigs per month because some of us have wives and children who we want to stay connected to. Oh yeah, we all have real jobs too.

I play guitar, book gigs, do promotion (such as it is) and do the Dr. Phil thing for the band all while taking lessons from a local guitar guru.

I've played a long time but this is the first band venture for me. I didn't do it when I was a kid (like I should have) but I was too into the party scene to get serious enough to play in a band.

Then came a stint in the military, followed by wife and kids and before I knew it I was forty-something. A friend called out of the blue one day and offered me a chance to play - in a band - and I figured it was now or never. So I've spent the past three years learning how to put and keep a band together, which maybe the most difficult thing I've ever attempted. (Besides working on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier or raising kids). Seriously, bands are held together with chewing gum, spider webs and gaffer's tape and are always one step from the edge of breaking up.

In this short period of time I've had to:
- Kick out the friend who got me back into playing in order to keep the band together (talk about fun!)
and
- overcome a severe case of stagefright (which I've done).
All in all, it's been worth it in that I've overcome by biggest fear and if I wouldn't have I'd probably be a miserable old man shouting at the TV someday.
I can retire early in 5 years and I plan on playing for my second income (hence the lessons). It took me long enough but I finally figured out what I want to do.
Play guitar in front of an audience.
It's cheaper than therapy.

• Members

Hi kids. Welcome to all of you who brought this forum over from wherever it used to be. wink.gif

I'm in two bands, both do original music, and thus make no money at it.

In my "main" band, Crash Pad, I'm the lead singer, lead guitarist, songriter, booker, etc. It's a punk rock and roll band (think stuff like the Pistols, Ramones, Clash, 999, Damned, NY Dolls, Heartbreakers, etc.). The band website is linked below in my sig, we also have a myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/CrashPad

Crash Pad had been around for almost 10 years. We put out a full-length cassette (!) years ago, then a little 3-song demo CD, and several years ago a full-length CD, all DIY. If I can ever get enough people to stick with the band for long enough we'll do another full-length next year. Here's a pic of a recent version of the band:

birfday2005allBKlunge.jpg
My "side" band does roots rock and is called Hoyt and the HotHeads. My day job coworker Hoyt is the frontperson and writes the material. I started in the band as bassist but moved over to lead when they fired the initial lead player. We put out a DIY full-length CD about a year ago and have another 7-song CD in the can but not yet released.

The websites for the HotHeads are:
http://www.HoytAndTheHotHeads.com
http://www.myspace.com/HoytAndTheHotHeads

Here's the HotHeads:

botb0023-435x242.jpg

BK

• Members

Howdy! My primary band these days is called Sacred Cowboys. We're a 7-piece Rock/Country band from Los Angeles. The nucleus of the band (myself and 3 others) has been gigging sporadically for about 2 1/2 years, but the expanded version just gelled around March of this year.

Our singer is a more and more well-known character actor who is currently on the HBO series "Deadwood," which comes in real handy when it comes to booking gigs. We recently played 2 shows in Deadwood, SD for their "Wild Bill Days" street festival, opening for Survivor and Ambrosia on one night, and current New Country hot shots Big and Rich on the other. We're recording an album right now, and are beginning what we hope will become a regular monthly residency at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood.

BTW, in case you look at the website, I'm Jeff.

• Members

My main band, Aces & Eights started off as a blues & bluesy rock band. I wanted to do songs that spanned from Blues Brothers-style Chicago R&B up through SRV-style Texas blues and blues-inspired rock. I was tired of waiting to be picked up by other bands/musicians, so I kicked this off as an idea with a songlist, image/logo, & website...all I needed were musicians.

So I hung up flyers at local shops and posted a dozen ads online. After weeks of jamming with new people that didn't fit for various reasons, I met my key players through a non-musician friend here at work. Go figure. As it turns out, I have found a group of like-minded, cooperative individuals who are a lot like me in most respects (jobs, families, ages, temperaments & tolerances) and we are currently an asshole-free band. Sweet.

We've been at it for about 10 months to date, in various forms. The band is pretty tight. Our songlist has evolved into a much funkier version of itself than I had originally envisioned, and our calendar is filling up!

Here's our website, which has pics, mp3's, a songlist, and more.
http://www.aces-eights.net

southPark.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by nwright
My band is called Judgement, and we are an original metal band based out of Anderson, IN, about 20-25 miles North of Indy. We started out as a 3 piece with no vocalist about 10 months ago, and had been searching for the right guy up until about a month and a half ago. We will be playing our first show on August 2nd as direct suppot for Lamb of God, Unearth and All That Remains. You can check us out at www.myspace.com/judgementband .
I will most likely be at that Unearth show.

Anyway, my band is called Azariah's Prayer, we're based out of Warsaw, IN which is halfway between Ft Wayne and South Bend. We play modern hardcore with a metal influence. and we've been together for a little over a year.

Playing shows since December. In that time we've shared the stage with bands like Through The Eyes of the Dead, The End, Seventh Star, Dead to Fall, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Ten 33, and other national/regional acts.

We've released two EPs, and we're about to record our third at Burning Bridges in Indianapolis with Joel Lauver (Haste the Day, Still Remains, Demiricous, etc).

Anyway, we're huge friend whores on myspace, so add us - http://www.myspace.com/azariahsprayer

Archived