You guys with the BBE's in your guitar racks.

• Members

Dude, you're killing me. Everytime I raise money to buy something Ie; that JSX it got sold, now when I don't have any money you've got the XXX. {censored}E Cheers, Lucius

:D

I had actually sold the JSX locally and the guy is still using it and loving it. The XXX is a great amp. I've been using it as backup in the house when I don't feel like dragging some of my rig back from rehearsal, plus the Legacy is uncontrollably loud for the house. The XXX sounds so much better at low volumes.

You still have time to collect funds for the XXX. I've had three people back out so far......doh.

• Members

1000% agreed

but every guy with a rack goes through the BBE phase. It's kinda mandatory. Sorta like every other 15 year old kid playing guitar in his bedroom has a metal zone. I'm guilty of both crimes.

Neither here... (instead I have a DOD distortion pedal that I still use for overly-noisy grind sounds)

• Members

Too many people over use them and it doesn't work with all rigs/amps.

I've started looking into reusing mine again because I'm using a Carvin Legacy now, which is a bit on the dark side.

Of course it depends on what guitar and cab you use but I play my buddy's Legacy with a v30 4x12" cab all the time.

Get better cables. A complete upgrade is what a BBE wishes it can sound like without the artificial sound.

Jun

• Members

Too many people over use them and it doesn't work with all rigs/amps.

I've started looking into reusing mine again because I'm using a Carvin Legacy now, which is a bit on the dark side.

I play a Legacy also. They sound darker at low volume but when you turn up to around 4 or 5 they sound fantastic. The problem is at that volume they are loud enough to bring down a wild elephant.:D

• Members

1000% agreed

but every guy with a rack goes through the BBE phase. It's kinda mandatory. Sorta like every other 15 year old kid playing guitar in his bedroom has a metal zone. I'm guilty of both crimes.

Never used a BBE, but I have the metal zone and I find that it does very well if you use a EQ with it. I think many people just dont know how to use the pedal properly. You don't just turn every knob to 11.:cop:

• Members

I've got to agree with the nays...when I ran sound, guys would come in with these things and they just sound like {censored}....can't polish a turd...and hope EMGs aren't in the chain...doOOOOUUUUCHEYYY. Sad thing is, just about everyone that has them is addicted, like they are a secret weapon or something. Even after you say, hey, try this and bypass it let me put the mid back in your scoop...there we go, a guitar tone!!! now let's loose about 1/2 that bass and treble, oh and 1/2 the gain (it doesn't make any difference when it's maxed).

Archived