Sooo... How was Your Weekend? 5-26,27,28

• Members

Slow.....I Like! Just finished up the shool year. Gonna take a break in Branson with the family. The only job I had was a 4th grade luau party. Hate it when those 10 year olds get suds up on hurricanes:D Other than that floatin' the creek and catchin' crawfish with the kids. Man I sound like a hick.

• Members

Big picnic at my house tomorrow (Sunday)

I'm going to set up a PA with a Karaoke machine outside, put two mic stands on the utility trailer (dressed up a bit) and let everybody sing. I'll also plug in my laptop for music.

I did this last year, and it was a blast for (almost) everybody.

• Members

I've got a couple weeks before my break, then I have to take one more class (need two more credit hours to keep my license up), then find some nice outdoor gigs. I've got a big block party, and a big family reunion in a park that should be fun.

Before School's out, we're gonna do a talent/variety show with the kids, which is really entertaining. One band, but they don't need mic'ed, and no vocals, but the rest is a circus.

• Members

Pretty slow, which is the way I prefer my holidays. I've got to do a dropoff/pickup of a little speakers/stands/mixer system for a wedding tomorrow. Plus some vintage amp repair on the side - I need to figure out why that &*##$@$ Ampeg B-15 is so microphonic, then hopefully I'll be able to give it back to the owner.

• Members

Well my morning started with loading the truck around 9:00. Outa there by 9:30, at the event by 10:30, setup and running at 11:30, closed at 3:30 (when the photo was taken, excuse the temporary, red, rope ;) ) Back to the parking spot at 5:00, unloaded the truck, it's 6:15 and i'm just waiting for some dinner.

Doing the same thing tomorrow. (and my weekend story will be the same for the next 3 months, booked solid.

But, did have a bit of an event this morning, the elderly gentelman that sometimes drivest the truck fell today, carrying some shim stock. Fortunatly he was OK, but later in the day, when he came to pick up the rig, his hand was hurting. Hope he's alright for tomorrow, otherwise my first trailer pulling experience in rush hour traffic is going to be with a 30 footer, without trailer breaks. :thu:

Also, please ignore the orange duct tape holding on the flag pole. Apparantly i'm color blind, and totally missed the black roll. ;)

• Members

25/5

set up our full rig in a 1000 capacity venue, had about 10K and 24 channels, all was going well with setup, venue lighting rig looked amasing, but while eq'ing the PA rig the Omnidrive crashed sending a massive signal that took out 3 compression drivers on one PA stack....{censored}! called BSS, they told us not use it and send it back to them ti service, luckily we had a spare omni. bout 600 people turned up and for the show & my band actually played the headline set. cool

kobetime1lo.jpg

26/5

no pa today, but my band played a 300 capacity venue, bout 70 people turned out...not good, our BE enjoyed himself on a soundcraft K3 and Nexo Alpha system (S2 M1 B1 per side and camco amps) which was very nice.

27/5

another band gig, about 150 people in a 250 capacituy venue, this show was run by some kids that had bought some PA 'bits' off ebay and was drastically underpowered for the size of venue!! luckily my B rig was in the van, so we got a few of my jbl mpro 255 subs and a few peavey mid/tops out some macrotechs and an FX rack, all sounded good

day off today (sunday) but going to Manchester (england) latter to see 'Down' playing....should be fun.

cool, john

• Members

Originally posted by Audioeast

Have 3 shows a day fri,sat,sun & Mon-2 of them, but im not doing any of them ...thank God for employees!!

Tell my boss to find a few more. Last night and tonight are more shows with Rochester's favorite party band. Tomorrow and Tuesday, I'm in the studio. Wednesday is shop work. Thursday is recon for a show on Saturday, and then the fun really begins next weekend... :rolleyes:

-Dan.

• Members

Regular weekend house-band gig. It went quite well, especially considering the regular drummer was gone and we had a sub, and it was the second weekend with a new rhythm guitarist. Fortunately, both the sub drummer and the rhythm player are good solid pros, and we had a good crowd.

Now I'm taking the month of June off to rest and go on vacation. I'm getting too old to do the teaching gig all week, set up and tear down the wife's karaoke gig on Thursdays, and play every Friday and Saturday night.:freak:

I'll be back to the weekend gig in July, and back to school in August, but I told the owner I'm going to have to take off one weekend a month (thus the second guitar player so the band can play while I'm gone.);)

• Members

Unfortunately no live sound events for us this weekend, we had both a Prom and a wedding reception last night.

Due to me forgetting to grab the MS-1202, I was probably the only DJ in the country using a TT24 for a mixer last night. We also were able to try out the FBT Maxx4A's at the wedding reception with excellent results.

Here are the photo albums from the events:

CentralColumbiaProm2006

BullHollowayWedding2006

• Members

Same as most weekends:

Friday :

Go to my normal house gig, the band brings their own guy. His first gig in the room, he spends 90 minutes checking drums and EQ'ing his vocals. Not the most pleasant guy to work with, but I got my laughs. This is a big-name act in the midwest, and I'd bet this guy was making more money than I made, but his mix was utter {censored}. I love when guys come in, see that I'm young, insist that they know better than me, and then proceed to struggle on a GL3300 (an overgrown Mackie).

Saturday:

Same room, me mixing. 150 people there (terrible night by this band's standards), but the mix was good, and I was finally able to reign in on the volume with these guys (a total of 5 Marshall 4x12 cabs on stage, and 4 bass cabs). Overall, happy band, happy me, happy club owner. Easy night.

• Members

Friday night - had an "acoustic" gig with the two guitarists on acoustic/electrics and me on acoustic/electric bass. All three sing, so it is always very cool to do this.

Saturday evening - outdoor wedding. It was a small reception (about 100 people) and there was a building about 100 ft in front of the elevated stage, plus another building on the left and a tent set up for hors douvres on the right, so the sound was fairly contained. Got home about 2:30 a.m.

Sunday - annual Memorial Day blowout, with the whole band sitting in chairs on the lawn and various guest singing or playing guitar with us. All the fried fish you could eat!!!

Very cool weekend, but, boy, are my fingers sore!!!

• Members

Not sound, but again we were out on a blacktop with the portable climbing wall.

I'll start with the good. Since the boss has been away for a couple weeks, we have had other drivers. The guy today is a semi driver, so had no problem, as our whole rig is about a foot shorter than his trailer. It was really really cool talking to him, learn't some cool stuff. For example, hauling a full load, he's in 11th gear before he gets through an intersection!

And the bad, we got absolutely pissed on for a few hours. And, of course I forgot my rain jacket (slept from work yesterday, till it was time to go today...thought it was in the bag). Luckaly my boss left his in his truck for me to borrow :thu:.

Now, I finally get some R&R.

• Members

Our drummer is on vacation in Cancun. So...I took it easy this weekend. I fixed the fence, painted the deck, cleaned out the garage, filled in some ruts in the yards, and I'm sore and very tired. :cry:

• Members

Well, let's see...

Friday, Opener didn't show...had to make some last second (literally) phone calls to get one. Short notice did OK. Bass player set his drink on top of the sub/....hmmm subs vibrate don't they???

drink vibrated off sub righ into wedges......sticky gummy mess.

Saturday...opener DID show.....sucked bad...ran the crowd off.

Typical weekend house gig.. *sigh*

• Members

Strangecreek Music Festival

18 bands over 2 days with tag team side by side stages. Split 48 input Soundcraft MH3 at house and Midas Sienna for monitors down the middle, 24 inputs for each stage. EV X-Array, 6 XN, 6XCN, and 8 EAW SB850 subs. Big bad boom boom.

Incredible weather, flesh like you read about. Loud proud rock. I mixed 3/4 of the acts, and all the guest engineers were excellent.

Summer's hear, and it's balls to the wall.

Archived