Blowing up the subs!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eww. Run, do not walk, to the nearest mental health professional in your area. The brain you save could be your own.

The only reason for this is that I don't believe a word of what he wrote or any of the "experiences" he is talking about.

Otherwise, lonotes, I would agrree with you.

• Members

The only reason for this is that I don't believe a word of what he wrote or any of the "experiences" he is talking about.

Otherwise, lonotes, I would agrree with you.

It started to get pretty deep about five and a half pages ago. It's been pretty much an improvisational jam ever since.

• Members

Just saw some Audiovox folded horns w/10" drivers on Craigslist. They're rated at 2000 watts and $39 a piece. If you added them to your rig you'd be the wedding king as long as all were run off the plx3002. Cross them at 400 watts. AND the ad sez they're blow up proof.

• Members

I thought hes wus runin yorktowns wit mongo subs and qvc powered amps sure mikes and banana splits et tops knowhere was there menchon of monitor wedges lying on floor with yamaha v-star powered amp

I love hot dogs! If you were a hot dog would you eat yourself?? Boy I would, I love hot dogs!

• Members

I thought hes wus runin yorktowns wit mongo subs and qvc powered amps sure mikes and banana splits et tops knowhere was there menchon of monitor wedges lying on floor with yamaha v-star powered amp

I love hot dogs! If you were a hot dog would you eat yourself?? Boy I would, I love hot dogs!

If the moon was made of cheese would you eat it?

• Members

How come I can only get those small thumbnail pick up on this web site?

I put the QSC to sleep again, sitting in its rack, corner of the garage, brought the P5000 Yamaha out because it give more options with the cut filters on it, can go full range, cut the highs, bottoms, run piggy back BANANAS of one side it parallel and amp never gets Hot. I can really on this amp going the distance at all my gigs never failed in over 3-4 years.

I have used many amps in the past, Peavey, Stewarts, Crest, Crown, Carvin,

Something always was bad, like the Stewarts worked great but if someone unplugs or you blow a fuse the amp takes about 1 min before it will come back on. Leaving you with dead air time.

Crown = great sound but to heavy
Crest = Bad sound IMOP to heavy

QSC = Medium girly sound, if I get on the mic hard, music back ground fades, very lame when trying to get crowd pumped does the opposite.

Peavey = easy to clip, way to heavy to carry around.

Powered speakers FBT= highs way to crispy on the ears

BBE = good music sound but horrible when talking on the Mic bust back thing of the bass and leave you wondering why have it on the system.

Rack mount EQ = unless your a pro working in front of speakers these are use
less

Aphex = another waist of money, to stingy on the ears, when you get music to sound good, cant talk on mic and work the crowd.

Speakers Peavey, to easy to blow up.

Mackie 15" powered subs, easly ran into clip, cant keep up with 12" speakers

JBL = Horrible speakers I have tried tops and subs Junkie But Loud is about right with those.

Mics, Shure = Drop outs,

Pioneer and Denon mixer red line to easy

Vestax as mixer does well

JBL subs are lame.

Pass speakers lame

Dell laptops blow

Yamaha speakers do fairly well

Maxter external hard drives blow

Ibook extrernal blow they have auto turn off so they dont work good for djs

ebay blows, $45.00 run add for trailer that did not sell

Itunes- is okay wish they were in MP3 format.

So far, IMOP
Yamaha Pseries amps are good,
Ev speakes Rock,
Mackie mixer work very well excellent sound quality.
Rane mixers thumps up
Nikon D-50 camera, take the best pics, so clear
Craigslist Rules
Payday bars are good
Mountain bikings rules

These are just my thoughts on things

• Members

Something always was bad, like the Stewarts worked great but if someone unplugs or you blow a fuse the amp takes about 1 min before it will come back on. Leaving you with dead air time.

Crown = great sound but to heavy

Crest = Bad sound IMOP to heavy

QSC = Medium girly sound, if I get on the mic hard, music back ground fades, very lame when trying to get crowd pumped does the opposite.

Peavey = easy to clip, way to heavy to carry around.

Powered speakers FBT= highs way to crispy on the ears

BBE = good music sound but horrible when talking on the Mic bust back thing of the bass and leave you wondering why have it on the system.

Rack mount EQ = unless your a pro working in front of speakers these are use

less

Aphex = another waist of money, to stingy on the ears, when you get music to sound good, cant talk on mic and work the crowd.

Speakers Peavey, to easy to blow up.

Mackie 15" powered subs, easly ran into clip, cant keep up with 12" speakers

JBL = Horrible speakers I have tried tops and subs Junkie But Loud is about right with those.

Mics, Shure = Drop outs,

Pioneer and Denon mixer red line to easy

Vestax as mixer does well

JBL subs are lame.

Pass speakers lame

Dell laptops blow

Yamaha speakers do fairly well

Maxter external hard drives blow

Ibook extrernal blow they have auto turn off so they dont work good for djs

ebay blows, $45.00 run add for trailer that did not sell

Itunes- is okay wish they were in MP3 format.

So far, IMOP

Yamaha Pseries amps are good,

Ev speakes Rock,

Mackie mixer work very well excellent sound quality.

Rane mixers thumps up

Nikon D-50 camera, take the best pics, so clear

Craigslist Rules

Payday bars are good

Mountain bikings rules

These are just my thoughts on things

and the Yorktowns?

I wouldn't even know where to begin on your list. My rig has the medium girly sound, horrible speakers and the dropout mics among all the other crap I own.

Clues are backordered right now so stay patient, you'll get one some day

• Members

SO this guy is good at using 'google image search' and has apparently spent some time reading Most everything incorrect about todays gear. wow..

"JBL = Horrible speakers I have tried tops and subs Junkie But Loud is about right with those."

"JBL subs are lame."

"Yamaha speakers do fairly well"

Dood, get yer head out of yer ass and STFU, Troll.

• CMS Author

I'm thinking it might be time to lock this thread. 8 Ohms is a troll, hasn't bothered to address the issues he brought up, and is posting inflammatory bull{censored}. I'll sleep on it, and read any arguments one way or the other tomorrow, and render my decision then....:cop:

• Members
I'm thinking it might be time to lock this thread. 8 Ohms is a troll, hasn't bothered to address the issues he brought up, and is posting inflammatory bull{censored}. I'll sleep on it, and read any arguments one way or the other tomorrow, and render my decision then....
:cop:

What ever you decide I will be opposed to it.
:)

• Members

I'm thinking it might be time to lock this thread. 8 Ohms is a troll, hasn't bothered to address the issues he brought up, and is posting inflammatory bull{censored}. I'll sleep on it, and read any arguments one way or the other tomorrow, and render my decision then....
:cop:

Thank you, kind sir. :thu: While you're at it, please have a look at the DJ Forum. It needs a little policing as well. :cop:

V.

Archived