WOW! Is it just me or have prices sky rocketed on gear?

webe123

• Members

I know the pandemic has left us with higher prices due to a chip shortage...but GOOD GRIEF! I was looking at a used Axe Fx 3 on ebay in the USA...selling for over FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS! That is the axe fx 3 and a FRC 6 foot controller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275154311051?hash=item401079978b:g:rKoAAOSwoR9h~Zga

Now I know prices are higher because of the pandemic... but that to me is insane! I would rather order a brand new one from fractal for $2,200!

They also have one that would come from Japan for over SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144401140143?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item219efa89af:g:bwcAAOSweXdiAHPu&amdata=enc:AQAGAAACkPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsS9d9gBrkNbRQtRn8MVXnYknL5Q4hCfPkxQCmX83bE9GfODNikVksXEHpuXU2VM3jSAPWd8%2BULaBTCrrEzsA6Xuzr2VWsjmphP794e6sGLDuV%2F9GD2%2FrXpIBXmDECvAN3urE4F5ghHcwqXaEw8hCmRL9gISYa46QTlHz5H9MX9E1AA%2BQpJcuo4fRZ5CzgHIylDrsxbxScviTkST2kRFEySHoMXa8lF7Ug%2F%2BrC04QSHhFMVC%2BJM8RFZFUVUaK58Cgswvzayivu3Rj9CUaWwUFPo3LlIrBxe3uC5x43AwUA3V5V5Kf7rPgP1TrU8MD8K4rC9cAddyONc8RMYjJ%2BRZQTmqlWuMeCdNPdMPwCdCcLNA7RglAS5lfgh1R6Y3TiK7jap1xHqWIrgjKGw40xUxHgFGdGCSMJtCqb%2F0QtVYyy%2BfHn3foLkQzptwpgcX40m%2Bchipve5PyopjLgC57FxuROhqJsAA9T%2Fzqx%2BsV1Gchjsrn1ow85UpyDaC4ha9hoWwbvVJhCu3i3wMYnEl2JusdFh7VigdML9unWR88XRQUmy93%2BoBqksFP6sTOLQFg7%2FKUvcusBP2X3AzFdeW2kYL04IOiPef75yEFkFSuW14t%2BwYPdqNR0P0R5u86Pu%2B3KiWia%2BEOP4iBQYnhyjRD1zPuWgzhHSLirlQV3bRhHP597Re6i%2FpCv546SFFHRwPPO%2Frn9CMsmLbSEQOgt%2FvNkbNVKl0i5QcK0bAdenIdx2nonxqPNzKl%2FR3WDz3z%2F1FeVzXlIcTRUwLJQ83o7zyZo2NvkWki2BGfE5KuxWwADKlSbaCL7%2BZ%2FDGx7IaBVbTUU%2BOuGS5|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMyqf00eJf

Call me crazy but I just do not get these prices! They are better on Reverb.com but not that much better. And a lot of the ones for sale are the Mark 1 models which have only half the memory of the mark 2 models! I would be afraid to ask what a Axe Fx 3 TURBO model would go for!

I WISH we could get prices back to a pre-pandemic normal....but I do not know when (or IF) that will ever happen.

• Members
11 hours ago, webe123 said:

Yeah and because you did not like the last election you are saying that is the reason? Give me a break!

No , I’m saying that the government going on a spending spree and printing more and more money devalued the dollar. The more money in circulation the more inflation. Look at the cost of everything. Have you been car shopping lately? Or house shopping?

• Moderators
On 2/23/2022 at 5:57 AM, gardo said:

No , I’m saying that the government going on a spending spree and printing more and more money devalued the dollar. The more money in circulation the more inflation. Look at the cost of everything. Have you been car shopping lately? Or house shopping?

Current inflation is a result of market shortages [like new cars], much of which is due to the pandemic. Demand is the same, supply is short, prices go up, inflation. Housing is a similar process, but almost totally domestic cost fed, and there is ALWAYS a shortage of housing in America*. After 2008, when the housing market went into a tailspin, after a decade of frenzied buying, prices of houses barely dipped, and by 2012, they were moving upward again. Don't blame the Feds ability to print money for this situation.

*that said, the cost of housing where people don't really want to live is pretty much stagnant. You can buy a 4bdrm house in Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan, Kansas, etc. for under 200k.

You can't buy a 1 bdrm condo in California for that.

• Like 1

• Members
3 hours ago, daddymack said:

Current inflation is a result of market shortages [like new cars], much of which is due to the pandemic. Demand is the same, supply is short, prices go up, inflation. Housing is a similar process, but almost totally domestic cost fed, and there is ALWAYS a shortage of housing in America*. After 2008, when the housing market went into a tailspin, after a decade of frenzied buying, prices of houses barely dipped, and by 2012, they were moving upward again. Don't blame the Feds ability to print money for this situation.

*that said, the cost of housing where people don't really want to live is pretty much stagnant. You can buy a 4bdrm house in Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan, Kansas, etc. for under 200k.

You can't buy a 1 bdrm condo in California for that.

Everyone is welcome to their own opinions 

• Members

NOTE: Due to high demand and the ongoing global semiconductor shortage, the Axe-Fx III MKII is currently out of stock. We expect to re-supply by March 1. If you would like to be notified, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject "Axe-Fx III WAIT LIST". (If you do not enter this subject, we can't notify you.)

• Moderators
5 hours ago, 1001gear said:

Good thing I have no use for new gitter stuff or porsches or DDR5 sticks. Crucial or somebody had to chuck an acre of SSD memory. Contamination they said. Safeway markets are out of bagels of all things.

no biggie...buy English muffins and punch a hole in them...:wave:

• Haha 1

• Members
1 hour ago, daddymack said:

I was at the market late this morning. Lots of shelves were not as packed as the once were.

The Pasta aisle was pretty thin. Marinara sauces, very thin. Good things the Ketchup shelf was full. I be eating good in the hood tonight.:bounce022:

• Haha 1

• Members
7 hours ago, daddymack said:

Lol. Thanks for the demerit as well :D

Ok, freighter with thousands of high end cars bound for the states, catches fire. They let it burn out. NAND foundry contaminates Crucial or Micron (forget) whole nand inventory. This is on top of an ongoing chip {censored}tage. Eng Muffs are wonderful but don't come in sinnymons raising and booblerry. I eat with plain peanut butter incidentally.

This is all fuel for what I call apex investors to keep it high for themselves. This works so well it has to be deliberate.

• Members
On 2/26/2022 at 8:43 AM, Mikeo said:

NOTE: Due to high demand and the ongoing global semiconductor shortage, the Axe-Fx III MKII is currently out of stock. We expect to re-supply by March 1. If you would like to be notified, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject "Axe-Fx III WAIT LIST". (If you do not enter this subject, we can't notify you.)

Thais is fine. I would rather wait and buy new than pay 4 thousand  dollars for a used unit!

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Mikeo said:

I paid like $260 for this when it came out.

It's cool, but not this kind of coin cool.

Mine is cherry.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?product_type=amps&query=Gibson Goldtone GA-5 Les Paul Junior Reissue 5-Watt 1x8" Guitar Combo

Yeah, but Les was still alive when you bought yours....

I bought this when they were $150...and Leo was already dead...https://reverb.com/item/50432496-fender-champ-600-reissue-used