RE: All new posts from this moment forward will NOT CARRY OVER to the new site.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have some really good gear for sale, cheap.

really good used behringer stuff.

Is totally underpriced at $350 for each item. It's like you would be stealing it from me at that price.

PM me with your paypal money, and I'll send it right out to you.

Too bad the post count won't be helped by this thread till whenever.

• Members

When buying snakes, don't waste money on extra length. You will never need more than 50 ft.

The best way to eliminate hum is to remove the ground from the AC plug.

The best frequency for wireless gear is in the 700-800 mHz range.

When using multiple subs on each side of the stage, never use a matched pair because they will cancel each other out.

Line arrays are the answer to every room with issues. More than three cabs a side is waste of money though.

When ground stacking cabs, never put the horn over people's heads. They won't be able to hear it. Put it at eye level.

Always bond neutral to ground when using 220 volt circuits because buying feeder cable will be cheaper then.

If they can ship gear in cardboard boxes, why do you think you need to waste money on ATA road cases?

Always buy hazers instead of fog machines because hazers CANNOT trip a fire alarm.

401Ks are highly over rated. Invest ALL your money in good PA gear for the best ROI.

• Members

can I bridge these pyramid/pyle/gemsound/behringer amps into my one old ass sub with a car audio speaker in it? And what about AC for all of it? Can I daisy chain my monitors off them too cuz I don't need a monitor mix at all?

As for AC for it all. You can build a parallel wired multi male extension cord so that you can plug into (for instance) 3 different circuits, therby sharing the load and giving you (for instance) 60 amps at your rack.

Oh by the way, make sure the circuits are all the same phase. Also 18 Ga lamp cord should do just fine.

• Members

Mark, I am surprised that your racks don't come with snow skids instead of wheels. You might want to think about that.

You this thread stopped being funny the second it became the truth :)

I have infact build ski/sleds for gear, they would fit 1 22.5/45 inch case, or many of the smaller sizes, and they had a hitch to hook on to snowmobiles, they would also hook on ot each other and make a "train".

you would be surprised how well speakers can slide down a hill of snow if you give them the chance though.....

• Members

Ya' know what?!? I actually found out today that commercial bread slicing was invented here in Davenport, Iowa... so THERE!

WHAT?!? people live in iowa? i always thought it was some kind of midwest blackhole or something and corn magically came out.

• Members

No, you're thinking of Nebraska. Cornhusker football is an elaborate multi-billion dollar hoax to convince you otherwise...

Here's another fun fact I learned today... 32 million people live within a 3 hour drive from here. (Hey... that probably explains our drug and gang problems!)

• CMS Author

oh and by the way all of you "senior members" me audiopile cables are horrible! I love my monster unbalanced cables for every application possible. I mean i run 12 18" Pyle pro subs daisy chained from my 10000 watt technical pro amp and they all sound amazing. i cant hear anything but the kick drum its great. haha and you all though i was dumb for plugging my stuff into 22 gauge ext cords.. psh shows how much you know. you talk like some of you design this stuff. haha losers. the sales guy at guitar center knows 100 times more thats why he sold me these brand new midas/behringer hum/feedback eliminators! SMAART!
;)

BenBroChill

Banned

• Members

We need more "Sonic Maximizer", "Pyle Pro", and "Monster" threads. I just never get tired of talking about how great that stuff is :thu:. Maybe we can set up the new forum software to disallow posts critical of such fine equipment? Oh, and never trust anybody here with over 30 posts :p.

• Members

We need more "Sonic Maximizer", "Pyle Pro", and "Monster" threads. I just never get tired of talking about how great that stuff is
:thu:
. Maybe we can set up the new forum software to disallow posts critical of such fine equipment? Oh, and never trust anybody here with over 30 posts
:p

unfortunately, behringeridas has become a real word. or midinger. i like behringeridas better, maybe i should copyright that.

• Members

unfortunately, behringeridas has become a real word. or midinger. i like behringeridas better, maybe i should copyright that.

I've heard the real reason Midas sold out is they didn't have anything good enough to compete with the new Phonic "Summit" digital mixer coming out next month:

http://www.phonic.com/index.php?target=news&mode=details&news_id=121

Definitely a Behringeridas killer ;)!

• Members

I'll have a link up in a day or two, but I've been working on a comprehensive sonic maximizer shootout. I'll have MP3 files up before NYE!

There are some important comparisons about different varieties of Monster cables in there, too. Not to give too much away, but their "jazz guitar" cables might just have a future for rap vocals...

Archived