What Is This??❤❤

ksl

• Moderators

It is a Gretsch, like a Country Gentleman, but a single cutaway, or a Tennessee Rose, but with the 'block plate' on the headstock.... could be the 60th anniversary model with the paint stripped. Can't tell if the f-holes are real or painted on.  It's not a Falcon, the headstock is wrong. Without a clearer pic I can't tell you much more

• Members

Yep it's a Gretsch 6120. Gretsch currently make a bunch of different models of that guitar.

That specific guitar  has the 3 position tone switch. and not a tone control. The  switch is next to the 2 volume controls is called a standby switch . It may have been added later, as I don't think I have seen it on a 6120 before. It also has a zero fret. 

I'm not big on zero frets, but that's subjective.

All 6120's are in the 3000 dollar range.  Give or take.

Some have T Around single coil pups and some have Filtertrons, and some have TV Jones pups. Some Nitro finishes and some are poly.

I have a Tenny Rose and its really nice. I also have a Jet ( a power jet with TV Jones pups to be more specific.)

The only way to get  something similar is to get one of the Electromatics and up grade. TV Jones pups are the way to go.

The Electromatics still don't come with a case, so REVERB might be the way to go. You also get a licensed Bigsby on an Electromtaic.

All Grestch guitars are made overseas now, with the higher end Gretsch guitar being made in Japan. The necks on all the Gretsch's I have played or own are very very nice.

I have been eyeing a 6136 Falcon for a while. Maybe after the winter breaks.

Archived