(Rondo Music content) So I did a thing.....

webe123

• Members

So I did a thing....I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Rondo SX telecaster guitar with P 90s. Here is what I bought.....anyone have any experience with the SX series of guitars. I have seen youtube videos of this guitar and it sounds great.

https://www.rondomusic.com/product9663.html

Here is a good youtube video of the guitar

• Like 1

• Members

I have 5 SXes and one Hadean Tele, which I replaced the neck on with a GFS XGP neck. The Hadean is the only guitar from Rondo I bought that came with medium jumbo frets, the SXes all came with jumbo frets and i didn't change out the neck on any of them. That's one of the main things I like about SXes, they all have jumbo frets. My SXes are some of my favorite guitars, and are great mod platforms.

• Members
On 1/7/2021 at 4:41 AM, webe123 said:

So I did a thing....I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Rondo SX telecaster guitar with P 90s. Here is what I bought.....anyone have any experience with the SX series of guitars. I have seen youtube videos of this guitar and it sounds great.

https://www.rondomusic.com/product9663.html

Here is a good youtube video of the guitar

Happy new guitar day. 🙂

• Members

I have the SX Liquid with 2 P90's and that weird Jazzmaster styled trem thingy. Modded the electronics by replacing the 3 way, and adding a 4 way. And replaced the bridge since it was a rattle trap.

Have a Douglas semi hollow tele, that blew away my MIM version. Replaced the 3 way with a 5 way Lawrence designed wiring.

Also have a Agile 3010SE Paul with P90's.  Just went with 50's wiring on it. I don't miss my Gibby's.

Everything I have played with from Rondo has been wonderful and well worth the little they charge for quality.

• Like 1

• Moderators

since the 'corksniffers' haven't been by yet...congrats! The Rondo SX guitars, like the Agiles are perfectly usable guitars, and as noted, great mod platforms since the bones are solid, and their electronics are decent but not the 'bestest ever'.

I have done mods on a couple of the SX teles for other people [Agile LPs as well] over the years, as well as some Xaviere guitars from GFS. Typically replaced pots, switches, occassionally p-ups. I actually like the Agile hb p-ups, they are not way over-wound like many Asian hbs, and have a nice overall balanced tone from bridge to neck. I have not seen any SX teles with P90s, but I am a fan of the sound [I have a Fender Modern Player Thinline Deluxe with P90s].

• 5 months later...