The 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees have been announced...

Phil O'Keefe

You can check out the full list here:

https://www.spin.com/2019/10/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2020-nominations-nine-inch-nails-soundgarden/

So... who would you vote for in this batch of nominees? Five to seven of them will be voted in, so feel free to list your favorite 5-7 nominees from the list of 16.

I think I'd have to vote for Todd Rundgren (I'm a huge and longtime fan of his music and his production work), The Doobie Brothers, Pat Benatar, Whitney Houston, Thin Lizzy, Depeche Mode and Kraftwerk. It's a close call on several of them, and there's a few I didn't mention that I think are deserving of the honor too... 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

You can check out the full list here:

https://www.spin.com/2019/10/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2020-nominations-nine-inch-nails-soundgarden/

So... who would you vote for in this batch of nominees? Five to seven of them will be voted in, so feel free to list your favorite 5-7 nominees from the list of 16.

I think I'd have to vote for Todd Rundgren (I'm a huge and longtime fan of his music and his production work), The Doobie Brothers, Pat Benatar, Whitney Houston, Thin Lizzy, Depeche Mode and Kraftwerk. It's a close call on several of them, and there's a few I didn't mention that I think are deserving of the honor too... 

it's about the last thing on my mind, but I'd have to go with Rufus and Chaka Khan based on "You Got the Love" alone. Doobies, Benetar, Priest, maybe Biggie. I have no idea who MC5 is. :D:0

8 minutes ago, Zig al-din said:

I'd support Todd Rundgren 100%.

Also Kraftwerk, Soundgarden, MC5, and TRex. 

Actually Kraftwerk is a bit of an odd choice. One of my favorite groups and hugely influential but in the electronic music category....

Whitney and Biggie are hardly what I'd consider "rock" either. :idk: Still, if it's just based on popularity, their recorded output and overall talent, I'd have to agree with Rufus, Whitney, Kraftwerk and some of the others, in spite of the fact that they're really not rock acts. YMMV. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

Whitney and Biggie are hardly what I'd consider "rock" either. :idk: Still, if it's just based on popularity, their recorded output and overall talent, I'd have to agree with Rufus, Whitney, Kraftwerk and some of the others, in spite of the fact that they're really not rock acts. YMMV. 

True true, I always think of electronic as being a completely separate animal - more so than rap and R&B. Though rap especially has a lot of connections to electronic - what am I talking about? With quantizing and the click track, and the rest, everything is electronic nowadays. :idk:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived