OK, what is the real truth about underpowering speakers?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is that some other forums perpetuate the myth and then there's a whole slew of "where can I get my speaker fixed) threads...

Seeing as you recone speakers, if you could just learn to lie better (go ahead and perpetuate that myth), you could pick up a lot more business.;)

Just joking

• CMS Author

Which is exactly what your first response was. I realize you're the moderator of this forum, but what compels you to feel as though you need to respond, especially in that manner?

Like telecruiser, I'm bored with this too, but I'll address it once here for you.

My being moderator had nothing whatsoever to do with the two "bull{censored}" replies. It may be surprising to some to realize that I'm a member here too, and have every privilege to respond to any thread jsut as anyone else would.

I called the claim of side-stepping bull{censored}. That is not a personal insult. I've stated this many times over the years; attack the idea, not the person. And I attacked the claim, not telecruiser.

• Members

Like telecruiser, I'm bored with this too, but I'll address it once here for you.

My being moderator had nothing whatsoever to do with the two "bull{censored}" replies. It may be surprising to some to realize that I'm a member here too, and have every privilege to respond to any thread jsut as anyone else would.

I called the claim of side-stepping bull{censored}. That is not a personal insult. I've stated this many times over the years; attack the idea, not the person. And I attacked the claim, not telecruiser.

So you come out of the chute in an agressive manner with your reply because it's "your right as a member". Then you whip out your moderator badge because you feel he insulted you in some way?

Why not take the high road as the moderator and ignore it. No rules were broken, ......which is what you're here to enforce correct? A few of the members took the time to respond in a civil manner. I would expect the same from the moderator.

• Members
So you come out of the chute in an agressive manner with your reply because it's "your right as a member". Then you whip out your moderator badge because you feel he insulted you in some way?

Why not take the high road as the moderator and ignore it. No rules were broken, ......which is what you're here to enforce correct? A few of the members took the time to respond in a civil manner. I would expect the same from the moderator.

the claim was bull{censored}. Not the person. Would you prefer the term hogwash? bologna? hooey?

• Members

the claim was bull{censored}. Not the person. Would you prefer the term hogwash? bologna? hooey?

Yep. I sure would.

Around here coming out of the shoot with a "bullsh*t" will get you a bloody nose. It is considered insulting to talk to someone that way. Things may be different in your part of the world.:wave:

• Members
No, you're attacking a forum member and the moderator. Keep it on topic or take it to a PM.

Since when did you become the moderator? I have yet to attack anyone. If you have something to say to me GCDEF you take it to a PM. Until then, I'll reserve my right as a forum member to argue the issue.

• Members

Is Captain Picard still on the planet with that other alien captain?

I believe he is.

Darmok.jpg

BTW, I think this thread is offically under powered. Is it possible it can blow the forum? I think the RMS value (Really Mundane Subject) of this topic is very low hence making it very much under powered risking the chance of producing bad vibe harmonics and causing a rift in the space time continuum.

• CMS Author

You get one more reply from me here, and if you aren't satisfied, take it to PM, or feel free to contact Admin.

I was not "aggressive". Calling a claim "bull{censored}" isn't aggressive, it's dismissive. I dismissed the notion that we sidestep these issues.

FWIW, I didn't write "my right as a member". It's a private forum, and we have no rights, only privileges.

I didn't "whip out my moderator badge" until telecruiser began going down the road of personally attacking me. He was attempting to be insulting without getting banned for a direct personal attack. Skirting the line. Hence I urged him to read #9 of the guidelines. It was a simple warning to keep it on the topic.

Which brings us full circle. If you have anything further to add to this, use PM. Otherwise we're done here, and can have a beer.

• Members

You get one more reply from me here, and if you aren't satisfied, take it to PM, or feel free to contact Admin.

I was not "aggressive". Calling a claim "bull{censored}" isn't aggressive, it's dismissive. I dismissed the notion that we sidestep these issues.

FWIW, I didn't write "my right as a member". It's a private forum, and
we
have no rights, only privileges.

I didn't "whip out my moderator badge" until telecruiser began going down the road of personally attacking me. He was attempting to be insulting without getting banned for a direct personal attack. Skirting the line. Hence I urged him to read #9 of the guidelines. It was a simple warning to keep it on the topic.

Which brings us full circle. If you have anything further to add to this, use PM. Otherwise we're done here, and can have a beer.

We'll agree to disagree on this,.... because I do like beer.

• Members

Calling a claim "bull{censored}" isn't aggressive, it's dismissive.

I guess the real acid test here is: Would you have responded this way to your mom?:D BTW, has she ever ask you the question about under powered speakers?

OK, one more time; I'm done with this. :D

Archived