I need a PA for a 2 piece extra spicy rock 'n' roll band

• Members
Hey!!! I have a question for EVERYONE here!

What would be a PA for rehersal and some live shows to cover our bases for under $2,000?

I'm thinking a couple of QSC K12's and an Allen & Heath ZED-12FX will do.

OK, in the OP's case, I would get a pair of RCF ART310As for tops and a pair of Proel Flash 15SA subs along with a small passive mixer.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just gotta laugh at you ,,,, but thanks for the karma ,,, got the word tonight ,,, the gig pay is gonna start flowing jan 1. The new dig is really doing well. Its been packin out every night ... It looking like all the hard work by everyone is going to start paying off. We are looking forward to a great 2011.

Well I'm actually glad to here that. I know right now you are glad to be back up and playing with a band. I think after a couple hundred gigs though some of the fun would start wearing off if you or other members were still not getting paid. This would cause some tension IMO. If not with you than other members. Good luck and have a good year.:)

• Members

Well I'm actually glad to here that. I know right now you are glad to be back up and playing with a band. I think after a couple hundred gigs though some of the fun would start wearing off if you or other members were still not getting paid. This would cause some tension IMO. If not with you than other members. Good luck and have a good year.
:)

Actually there has not been any tension. This deal has had a long term goal and is made up of guys that have had their focus on getting a solid backing band put together. The songwriter and leader is running the buffet model where you have a veune you run,, and let the people come to you rather than get out and tour to build a fan base. Its alot differnt than working for venues and regular giggin. We are in a resort town that gets people from all over the country, the state of texas and the world. This is an ideal place to run the they come to you model,, but starting up your own dig like he has, takes being involved with people who have the same long term vision and have the trust and confidenct that it can be pulled off.

Its not a gig for just anybody... and just anybody would never have be recruited for a deal like this. Its a totally no drama deal. Who knows where it will go ,, but all I can say now is there is some really good stuff in the works.

The thing thats made it tolerable is that every gig is within two miles of where we all live. We play early shows with a good deal of it being house gig stuff. No load ins and having a situation where the gear stays set up on stage has been sweet. Guys say they play for free , and get paid to haul gear ,, well we never had to haul much gear.. and the other house gig we had had roadies to haul the gear. So its really not as bad as you would think if you didnt need the money to pay the bills.

I hope we dont fall asleep tonight ,,,, holy crap we have to play till 12:02 am.

Archived