Electric Guitar Wall Hangers

catscurlyear

• Members

I use the ones GC sells...Planet Waves, maybe? Wood block, two screws, swively padded guitar hook. I must have eight or nine up in my music room, I've never had one fall off and I've never had one pull out, but I make SURE that their screws are mounted solidly into a wall stud. I'm a little OCD about mounting them "correctly" - I use an electronic stud finder to find the center of the stud, and I always drill a small pilot hole so the screw will go where it's supposed to and I think the pilot hole makes it less likely to split the stud.

There was a funny thread back in the day, a very heated discussion over whether guitar hangers needed to be screwed to a wooden stud OR, as some believed, that a sheetrock anchor in sheetrock was more than strong enough.

• Members

Those screws aren't the original one. The rendering in my house is quite thick and crumbly (1905 house) so I had to use oversized longer screws to get into the brick work.

The joy of old houses..... I only learnt that 6 months after installing all the curtain poles in my house..... to see them all fall off as the holes weren't deep enough into the brick work....

Archived