VOM1T July 2017

garthman

• Members

I heard you play this one live several years ago, Mark. You've made significant progress, particularly with regards to dynamic and bass. While I agree that the pace seems rushed, when I saw you play it before it was much slower but with much less of a feel for tempo so I applaud you for the progress and attribute the rush to the old Red Light Disease. ;-)

As for working on the tempo, do you have a recording of the original that you could play along with?

• Members

Sounds great Howard. I’ve stopped uploading to box because their free version doesn’t show you the play count anymore, seems they are trying to get money out of people then you get the perks. It’s fun knowing if people are listening or not. With soundcloud you get that funky sound wave as well as the play count.

• Members

Actually, I've never been impressed with Jimmy's technique. I don't know if it was all the drinking or the drugs but he always seemed like he was just noodling around and just being very sloppy. Still, I love the melody and Dale did a great job at interpreting it in his arrangement, which again I have not yet quite learned all the parts to. I'm not setting out to "master" it, but if I get hung up on anything - or it doesn't sound "right" to my ear I will likely fill in with something to make it my own.

• Members
Hello all.

VOM time again. Let's hear some music.

My submission this month is a Dylan song called "Tomorrow Is A Long Time". He recorded it in 1962 for the "Witmark Demo" and sang it at his New York Town Hall concert in April 1963.

"Tomorrow Is A Long Time" by Bob Dylan

https://app.box.com/s/0nn5z3qm1vn3jrleedwsaieo1o49q3se

One take. Played on my nylon strung Ovation-type deepbowl. Vocal and guitar recorded simultaneously as separate tracks via an Avid Mbox then mixed down to a mono track.

Love this, m'dear. You've really gotten the hang of the new gear quickly! I've downloaded this tune for further listening. It's one of my faves and you do it so well.

Archived