Wouldn't it be much easier here, if...

• Members

Second forum? Pissed off who? Are you on something? All your gathering is dust, pal...

I'll take your advice to move on and be better for it. There really isn't more to be gained as a member, anyway. I'll never be a craigv suckup, so I won't fit in.

Good bye...nice knowing you...good luck in the future....hope to see you again...

Rod

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You sure do have a way of bending things to suit yourself. The fact remains you're a condescending jackass. Instead of fixing a situation, you insulted me. Now bug off. I'm about to check into internet stalking and how to handle it.

Who is the nipplehead that sent me 6 PMs at talkbass telling me to F off,calling me a schmuck and a dickhead and threaten to come find me and kick my ass.:lol: If anyone has a stalker I think it is me. You should try prosound web. Lots of friendly folks over there.:thu: EDIT- Oh the one PM that hurt the most was when you said I was probably short and bald.:lol:

• Members

So what I'm getting from this is that you're in at least your second forum where you've pissed off the natives. You know what they say...... third time's a charm. Nobody gave you much attitude until you went off in post #11. Seriously? stop by and a few posts in start coping an attitude. That's not going to work in any forum. Sorry, but you have to get to know the neighbors before being so opinionated. That's just how it goes. You don't know us and we don't know you. My advice is either move on or get a new login and start over with a better attitude.

Craigv jumped all over him in the first reply.

• Members

My 2 cents is ... it would be better if the topic was in the title. Not to pick on this poster, but if the title were "should the forum be re-organized?" as opposed to "wouldn't it be easier" it would be much easier to scan the topics.

• Members

Sorry. I had to.

My 2 cents is ... it would be better if the topic was in the title. Not to pick on this poster, but if the title were "should the forum be re-organized?" as opposed to "wouldn't it be easier" it would be much easier to scan the topics.

You're probably right.

• Members

My, My :-)

It seems that tempers have flaired.

Possibly Craig_S has had a bad experiance on another forum and came here with the expectation of another? I'm always (well usualy) one to give the benefit of the doubt. I'd agree that some folks are more diplomatic than others (often diplomacy is a goodly part of our job) but I'm all for live & let live on this one. Everyone please exit the thread CALMLY and possibly we can all meet up in another one that has a more congenial atmosphere (possibly the one next week where they serve a finer quality of spirits (Love that good scotch :-)).

Yes I have noticed that there is less traffic since the HCII debacle (I'd agree somewhere between 40% & 60% less). I haven't been to PSW in a while (I always had issues with their software and forum catagorization OOPS! :-). If you say traffic is down there as well, let me offer a possible explanation. I'd say it's the economy. Unfortunatly people who are employed have less time to network on forums because they are picking up the difference of those that are unemployed (at little or no more personal gain I might add). Of those that are unemployed, many have moved on to other occupations. Just a theory from a narrow perspective (mine :-).

cheers

• Members

Yes I have noticed that there is less traffic since the HCII debacle (I'd agree somewhere between 40% & 60% less). I haven't been to PSW in a while (I always had issues with their software and forum catagorization OOPS! :-). If you say traffic is down there as well, let me offer a possible explanation. I'd say it's the economy. Unfortunatly people who are employed have less time to network on forums because they are picking up the difference of those that are unemployed (at little or no more personal gain I might add). Of those that are unemployed, many have moved on to other occupations. Just a theory from a narrow perspective (mine :-).

cheers

I know that HC forum traffic is down but do you guys really think it is in this particular forum - Live Sound and Production? This place has always "felt" about the same to me but I don't have any numbers or anything, so maybe I'm off.

If traffic is down both here and at PSW I think it may have more to do with dilution than lack of interest. There's now a Soundforum.net as well as an active couple of sound related forums in DJForums. I also check in from time to time in the sound section of my karaoke hosting forums. And there's more than that if I chose to look around.

Everyone's just getting really spread out.

• Members

Craigv jumped all over him in the first reply.

Um.....no, Craig presented sound and detailed logic of the issues associated with the OP's one liner suggestion. He then ended with a suggestion for the OP to come up to solutions for these issues and made the offer to present it to HC. How is that jumping all over him?

• Members

Less talking and more fish please!

I aim to please.

As I recall... here's footage from a show I worked a number of years ago where there was enough left over salmon for everyone:

The U-tube audio and video sucks... what I remember (from my monitor mix position)... it sounded and looked a lot better... but then... eh?

• Members

Um.....no, Craig presented sound and detailed logic of the issues associated with the OP's one liner suggestion. He then ended with a suggestion for the OP to come up to solutions for these issues and made the offer to present it to HC. How is that jumping all over him?

...he jumped.

Archived