NUGD: Yamaha FS700S (and the end of a search)

AZMLII

• Members

As some of you know, I've been searching for a new guitar to learn on. I started with a Epiphone AJ-200 which was too big. Then I switched to a Gretsch Jim Dandy which was comfortable, but the components are so cheap that it's frustrating.

Last Thursday I was going by my local guitar store (The Minor Chord in Littleton, MA) and decided to stop in on a whim. I checked out a few guitars. Then I found a used Yamaha FS700S in excellent condition with a Access Stage One gig bag (also in excellent condition). Turned out to be a guitar that was originally bought from them, and traded in a few days ago.

I was looking for something in the OOO/OM range, this guitar was close enough. It was freshly setup, had new strings, played well, and at $175.00 it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I even like the fact that the finish is darker than a new one. So I brought it home.

I'm quite happy with it. Now I just need need to use it to get Folsom Prison Blues down.

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice on my journey. Y'all are a very helpful lot. And sorry I didn't buy the Farida, I couldn't bring myself spend the money.

- Patrick.

207af464f4f77e3c680b037cb239b92b.thumb.JPG.33402a5a4bb17f1a811fb84a85683ff0.JPG

Archived