OT: So I got home from Subway...

• Members

... parked my car, and went inside to enjoy 12 damn good inches.

15 minutes later, there's quite a fevered rapping at my door. I come outside to see this:

wooooooooo.jpg

After the fire department puts out the fire and checks out the house, it looks like this:

woo-2.jpg

I hope y'all are having a good day :thu:

• Members
There have been 21 complaints and 16 engine fires since the models were introduced. The fires seem to start about 15 minutes after the car has been parked and turned off. Up to 72,000 vehicles could be affected. If your car becomes another statistic in this GTP flamb

• Members

People keep asking me why I was taking pictures instead of putting out the fire. What the hell was I supposed to do, pour a bucket of water on it? My friend had already called the fire dept before he knocked on the door, we just got everyone out of the house and stood back.

Rule #1 in emergency and first aid training, especially if something is visibly burning, is to stay the {censored} away.

• Members

People keep asking me why I was taking pictures instead of putting out the fire. What the hell was I supposed to do, pour a bucket of water on it? My friend had already called the fire dept before he knocked on the door, we just got everyone out of the house and stood back.

Rule #1 in emergency and first aid training, especially if something is visibly burning, is to
stay the {censored} away

I was just giving you crap.

• Members

Bummer dude be glad it didn't burn to the ground like my house did back in 95 I lost every thing but just thankful I wasn't there when it went up.

have fun dealing with the insurance company that will try to give you pennies on the dollar. Better get some high bids because they will do their best to pay as little as possible.

• Members

Did you hit something before the fire? Hood looks all bent up. All my years in the part time fire dept. I've never seen heat bend a hood like that.

No, the fire dept had to pry it open so they could spray water into the engine compartment.

• Members

That's scary, glad you and yours are okay.

Twenty years ago I had a stalled car start on fire in the middle of Sunset Strip in North Hollywood (long story). Amazingly some guy rushed out of nowhere with a fire extinguisher. Managed to get the fire out before it got out of hand.

My garage is "in" the house so I think I'll be checking drywall/firewall protection there.

Archived