New Mackie digital mixer

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It won't include an iPad at that price.

I wish it wasn't Mackie too. I hope A&H or Soundcraft have something like this in the works, but if nothing else is out by this summer, I might give it a try. I only need 8 channels, I'm trying to keep my rig as small as possible, and I'd love to have scene recall for the different gigs we do. I'm already using an iPad for set lists and charts, so there's also the question of whether it will allow multitasking, or whether I'd have to get another iPad just for the mixer.

BTW, Behringer also introduced some iPad dock mixers, but it looks like just EQ and FX control slapped onto an analog mixer::

http://www.behringer.com/news/behringer-introduces-revolutionary-ipad-mixers-xenyx-ix3242usb-ix2442usb-and-ix1642usb/

• Members

Without the I-pad it's just a break-out box....an interface, a fancy snake if you will so it would make no sense not to include it?

Rod

Many people already own an iPad, and if it does sell for 1000 with an iPad, it should sell for 500 without. That would be a hell of a deal.

• Members

Many people already own an iPad, and if it does sell for 1000 with an iPad, it should sell for 500 without. That would be a hell of a deal.

Yep and when the ipad 3 get released in March is their target date, ipad 1 and 2 supposley will have a price drop is what I read in a tech toy article.

• Members

Yep and when the ipad 3 get released in March is their target date, ipad 1 and 2 supposley will have a price drop is what I read in a tech toy article.

If that thing, (the Mackie mixer) would record 16 tracks, I would buy it for 1k just to check it out. I hate mixing monitors for bands that I am playing in.

• Members
If that thing, (the Mackie mixer) would record 16 tracks, I would buy it for 1k just to check it out. I hate mixing monitors for bands that I am playing in.

Yea I hear about monitor mixing used to have a e-drummer that drove me nuts with his monitor mix because it was like every other song he needed a tweak so instead of jumping right into the next song with a packed dance floor we had to stop so I could adjust his monitor mix :facepalm: since I mix my own band on stage.

• Members

Yea I hear about monitor mixing used to have a e-drummer that drove me nuts with his monitor mix because it was like every other song he needed a tweak so instead of jumping right into the next song with a packed dance floor we had to stop so I could adjust his monitor mix
:facepalm:
since I mix my own band on stage.

It has taken me months to teach the concept of "turn something down". I would get, turn up "A"'s vocals, "B"'s guitar and bass one song, then turn up 4 other things the next. always after sound check, and sometimes all night long between every song. Oddly mine seldom got touched.

• Members

That Auria app looks interesting. It works with "any supported USB multichannel audio interface," so maybe the reason the Mackie doesn't do multitrack recording is that it can't handle running a live mix buss and recording at the same time?

The upcoming iPad 3 is rumored to be quad core, which should make that easier. Although, if hardware like the Mackie mixer doesn't support it now, it's probably not likely to be updated (but who knows?).

• Members

So when you add the price of the i-pad, give or take $400 you have a limited functionality, $1400 mixer...made by Mackie! Add to it that if you have any issues with the i-pad interface, you are now having to deal with a third party instead of Mackie...wait...that may be a plus! :)

Rod

• Members

So when you add the price of the i-pad, give or take $400 you have a limited functionality, $1400 mixer...made by Mackie! Add to it that if you have any issues with the i-pad interface, you are now having to deal with a third party instead of Mackie...wait...that may be a plus!
:)

Rod

I bet they sell a bunch of them.

• Members

Looks like about 1,000.00

That price would make it a very tempting piece of gear.

Wonder how easy it would be to take action in an emergency such as when you get a massive feedback problem. I also worry about the reliability of a wireless connection but I guess this is where its all going.

I am tempted!

• Members

That price would make it a very tempting piece of gear.

Wonder how easy it would be to take action in an emergency such as when you get a massive feedback problem. I also worry about the reliability of a wireless connection but I guess this is where its all going.

I am tempted!

Don't be tempted light peak technology is right around the corner light peak is optical data streaming and all these fire wire and USB products will be obsolete and you won't be able to give them away.

• Members

Very interested... that should translate into about $1500 here in aus which would be interesting. However my experience of mackie in the past is that their gear has generally been sold in australia at premium prices and get away with it because for whatever reason, they are viewed as a premium brand by most weekend warriors down here.

• Members

Don't be tempted light peak technology is right around the corner light peak is optical data streaming and all these fire wire and USB products will be obsolete and you won't be able to give them away.

Not so sure this is accurate for the next 5 years anyway.

• Members

Not so sure this is accurate for the next 5 years anyway.

Apogee, Motu,and Universal Audio all announce their in the works on light peak interfaces.

The Agogee light peak will be on the symphony interface.

It was announced in their websites.

So it's coming and bet it gonna be then less then 5 years.

Not disrespecting you Age but I been a DAW user since 98 so I seen this stuff come and go.

So I stay a generation behind since the first generation are usually plaque with problems.

Archived