• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ordered this neck from GuitarPartsOnline.com for my Fullerton ST-4

1367281972206-843535629.jpeg

http://guitarpartsonline.com/Jackson...Rose-30008.htm

This is the Fullerton

adjU18Yn acmB4qHD

It has a neck from GuitarPartsOnline on there now, but I'm hoping the Jackson-style neck will be better, ie: less wide and flat, and the Jackson neck has jumbo frets.

• Members

Yeah, I know, but I like to leave the same set of strings on my Floyded guitars for as long as I can. With the excess string that is there, if a string breaks at the saddle, I can just unwind some string at the tuner and reuse it, instead of installing a new string.

Maybe I should try and see if D'Addario NYXL strings are as unbreakable as they say. Then maybe I'll snip the strings on my Floyded guitars.

• Members

I have that same guitar and I think we have posted about it before. We both probably bought it when it was being fire-saled. I think it was $65 or something. Those were the days of super deals.

I really like this guitar. I leveled the neck on it as some upper frets were off but the neck is really a good neck. It had sharp fret edges too. Not crazy about the schlong headstock.

I kept it stock. The bridge pickup is hot.

• Members

Yeah, we got them from Music123.com when they were having that blow-out that was talked about a lot here.

I bought two Fullertons, this ST-4 and an ST-6. I upgraded the trems on both of them. The ST-6 is a hum-hum guitar with a 6-screw vintage tremolo, tho.

I didn't like the necks on either of them, so I changed them both out.

Thank God for places like GFS and TNTCustomGuitars (aka GuitarPartsOnline.com) where you can get stuff like that relatively inexpensively.

• Members

The Jackson neck came a day early, so I put it on today. It does have a better feel to it than the other neck, it's got some girth to it whereas the other neck was very flat. I don't think this one is as wide, either. And I was able to use an old OFR locking nut that I got for the hockey stick neck, but I wasn't able to use it because the channel for the locking nut was too shallow and it made my action @ the nut too high.

The action with the OFR locking nut on this neck is just fine.

Plus I love the jumbo frets.

2I5H6NwT.jpg 8SiSOs38.jpg

Archived