Public apology

DeepEnd

• Members
Neal and I have been exchanging PM's and at one point I said I would post a public apology if kwillman posted again ("Are there acoustic strings that are better than others?" http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-42/31354245-newb-question-are-there-acoustic-strings-that-are-better-than-others). It had been a few days since kwillman's initial post and the odds were that he/she was either another one post wonder or had been driven off by the bickering on the part of more senior members who should be better behaved. I said as much and in the process offended Neal. Now, though, kwillman has indeed posted again in the same thread so apparently he/she has defied the odds. With that in mind, I apologize to kwillman, and only to kwillman. As for the rest of you, I have no reason to apologize so I don't. That said, it has in fact been a week and a half since kwillman's original post. I know if I asked for advice and received it I'd make an effort to acknowledge that advice and thank the persons involved, and I wouldn't take a week and a half to do it no matter how busy I was. But that's me.

Best wishes,

David P.

(DeepEnd)

kwillman is a friend of mine that I sent to HC to ask the question. I posted my answer so it was captured for anyone else who had the same question in the future. He's a busy guy and new at playing guitar, so I don't think you ran him off because of the bickering. I personally think lively discussion is ok as long as it's on the topic of gear and/or music.

• Members
Goodness.... I've been gone from here more than a couple of years and I see the same old silly stuff....arguments over strings and apologies and apologizing for apologizing. Some things knever change. :)

Wow! Samilyn returns from beyond! Welcome back to the Zoo. AFAIK, we haven't had any women posting in a long time so your input will be doubly welcome.

• Members
Yes, it was time for some dredging. There was no where to go but up to the bottom so, well, here it is again. Hello Samilyn. Kill any trees?

Not lately. Worried about eagles?

BTW....I suppose I can partially account for the demise of one or two trees because I do have a new git in the quivver. Fortunately, the woods are highly sustainable, not rare or endangered.

• Members

Not lately. Worried about eagles?

BTW....I suppose I can partially account for the demise of one or two trees because I do have a new git in the quivver. Fortunately, the woods are highly sustainable, not rare or endangered.

Naw. Harkening back to a particular neighbor's tree that was misbehaving towards a particular lady. Eagles are doing quite well in my area and being a nuisance to the Ospreys.

What did you get, BTW? I don't bother thinking about sustainable this or that because once I have them in my hands I sustain them to the best of my ability. Then I sustain them over to someone else.

• Members

Naw. Harkening back to a particular neighbor's tree that was misbehaving towards a particular lady. Eagles are doing quite well in my area and being a nuisance to the Ospreys.

What did you get, BTW? I don't bother thinking about sustainable this or that because once I have them in my hands I sustain them to the best of my ability. Then I sustain them over to someone else.

LOL. Eagles doing fine up here too. In your neck of the woods, skeeters are bigger than eagles. ;-)

Damn messy-assed tree is still standing, in spite of my diabolical efforts to discreetly hasten its demise. In this particular case, I don't give a rat's arse about sustainability - I just want sun for my garden and sloppy-ass messy trees can be chopped up for firewood.

(Wonder how I'd dry it, on the BBQ??? LMAO)

DH (Dear Hubby) got me a nice Yammie Lammie for xmas. Told him it was time to retire the 50+ year old Stella and get me something I could take on our camping trips, but not risk the high-end gits. He was quite accommodating and got me a F335. Perfect for camping. Very good combo of decent tone and excellent playability, yet not something I'd go into coniption fits over if it got scratched or dinged. Perfect campfire git all 'round. :-)

• Members

LOL. Eagles doing fine up here too. In your neck of the woods, skeeters are bigger than eagles. ;-)

Damn messy-assed tree is still standing, in spite of my diabolical efforts to discreetly hasten its demise. In this particular case, I don't give a rat's arse about sustainability - I just want sun for my garden and sloppy-ass messy trees can be chopped up for firewood.

(Wonder how I'd dry it, on the BBQ??? LMAO)

DH (Dear Hubby) got me a nice Yammie Lammie for xmas. Told him it was time to retire the 50+ year old Stella and get me something I could take on our camping trips, but not risk the high-end gits. He was quite accommodating and got me a F335. Perfect for camping. Very good combo of decent tone and excellent playability, yet not something I'd go into coniption fits over if it got scratched or dinged. Perfect campfire git all 'round. :-)

Good guitar. When I go to GC these days I'll grab a Yamaha and go into the hi-end room and play it there. A misfit with misfit tools. I like it.

Yea, a BBQ might be a good idea...not. LOL. Hey, since then that stuff has dried out nicely on its own and I'm almost burned through it. The nights it dips to the 30s I'll load it in the fireplace. Good aroma, too. Both my sons become little kids with marshmallows and skewers. A few dropped into the fire throws an additional bouquet into the room. Geez, you'd think I was talking about winter at a ski lodge or something and not sunny Florida.

Archived