EVH Wolfgang Special Limited

JVH

• Members

I was really excited to get this guitar today until I started playing it. Everything on it was top notch except the frets. I own 3 other evh guitars and they are perfect. Not sure what to think about this. Usually Fenders QC is much better than this. I have a striped series and they are perfect. The frets are rough and don't have a full polished crown. Pretty much needs a fret job.

c861fbc3bec5f982456f4edca3263a3b.JPG.97e033f73b7ecd5f7d8854a8af2bec52.JPG

edb11b119595d0d5f864b9ad5357928c.JPG.c6c6dae2439e7ec1bb1ffe91cec6d88f.JPG

c7ca28f671a027d05e655b52697982f0.JPG.61eaf62b7ab32fa9d8235ae8c77917f0.JPG

• Members

Well they gave me the option of taking it to a repair center or returning it. I returned it in hopes of getting another one, but I doubt that will happen. I'm always cautious about repair centers... more hands on a part means it's more likely to get dings and scratches. I'm really bummed, because somehow this guitar made it through fender inspection and then to a dealer who claimed to inspect the guitar before shipping it. I just don't understand why there is always problems these days with products. It's like a bunch of people just don't take the time or pride in what they are doing. If I was at the music store I would have spotted this and returned it to fender immediately. If I was the guy who worked on it I would have known I made a poor product. If I was the final inspector I would have sent it back through the factory. At least two to three people should have noticed this before the customer got their hands on the guitar. I guess at this point I don't really know if I'll see another one of these. It's very disappointing. I'm hoping the dealer will have good news.

• Members

Not bashing Fender here... mistakes happen, but I hope they do me right on this. I do want everyone though to be aware of the quality that is coming out of the shop. I've had great quality in the past so that's why this is so confusing. Limited edition with a few being made coming with this type of quality is mind boggling.

• Members

yeah whats so bad about them? they look like the have a lot of life in them...

and hey maybe is the light flat top something eddie likes in his guitars and so it is made on purpose for a signature series guitar

or maybe its part of the relicing process of this model of guitar to make it look more like the original?

if it plays and feels otherwise perfect i wouldn't have bothered. frets go down anyway if you play it a lot, and if you want it as museum piece why do you care about the frets?

• Members

and hey maybe is the light flat top something eddie likes in his guitars and so it is made on purpose for a signature series guitar

or maybe its part of the relicing process of this model of guitar to make it look more like the original?

if it plays and feels otherwise perfect i wouldn't have bothered. frets go down anyway if you play it a lot, and if you want it as museum piece why do you care about the frets?

Really? If i paid the money he did for that guitar, there's no excuse for a bad fret job.

• Members

They are not stainless. They are supposed to be crowned, but now they are jumbo instead of vintage style in the past. It was improper technique used on the crowning. The center of the fret is crowned and the edges are not. It's just sloppy work. EVH brand is a great brand so I'm sure this is just an isolated incedent.

• Members

Look at the third picture, the frets are mottled and the one on the far right has a divot in it. Furthermore, there is inconsistency in the crowning. Can you really not see that or does that kind of thing not matter to you? Not good enough for any guitar little own one that is worth well over a grand.

Check out my gif below, is that normal too?

• Members

I am surprised they could not just send you a replacement neck and put that on. Not sure if they offered it or if you even would want that, but you can pick up that model EVH just about anywhere that carries Fender, so a replacement should not be hard to find. it is a bummer though, you get what you want and you are all jazzed, then you see it is not what you wanted. Best of luck man

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

JVH, I just sent you a PM. I've got a Striped WG and it's got the same issues as yours...and a few more. After all the excitement of getting a ultra limited piece of gear...I'm totally let down by the quality of this one!

Archived