This place has become very mellow.

knotty

• Members

Sure some threads would devolve into pettiness, but differences in opinion are what spark discussion. How boring is it if we all sit around and agree with each other about everything? Oh yes, what a lovely new Squier you have David. Oh thanks George, isn't it sparkly, and didn't I get such a great deal on it? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU {censored} the Disneyfication of this place. And {censored} Harmony, how about bringing the posters back to Harmony Central?

• Members

And the closet market research,

"What's a good SG copy for under $500"

"What is the most you would spend on a set of strings"

"If you had $600 to spend on a small blues venue rig"

"etc' etc' "

You recognize the style I'm sure smiley-wink

• Members
And the closet market research,

"What's a good SG copy for under $500"

"What is the most you would spend on a set of strings"

"If you had $600 to spend on a small blues venue rig"

"etc' etc' "

You recognize the style I'm sure smiley-wink

I agree I think we have at least one " staff " poster.

• Members
Sure some threads would devolve into pettiness' date=' but differences in opinion are what spark discussion. How boring is it if we all sit around and agree with each other about everything? Oh yes, what a lovely new Squier you have David. Oh thanks George, isn't it sparkly, and didn't I get such a great deal on it? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU **************** the Disneyfication of this place. And **************** Harmony, how about bringing the posters back to Harmony Central?[/quote']

Disagreeing was one thing but to piss all over a thread just to be a dick was another. I guess one of the best examples I can think of was a guy, long time member( can't remember now) posted a HNGD a Custom shop relic Strat. It turned into a "How can you be that stupid, relics suck" thread.

I'm not saying that this place doesn't need a kick start. Just that it doesn't need the bottom feeders circling again.

• Members

Disagreeing was one thing but to piss all over a thread just to be a dick was another. I guess one of the best examples I can think of was a guy, long time member( can't remember now) posted a HNGD a Custom shop relic Strat. It turned into a "How can you be that stupid, relics suck" thread.

I'm not saying that this place doesn't need a kick start. Just that it doesn't need the bottom feeders circling again.

It's just like the newspapers say "controversy sells"

• Members
Yeah but come one. There a difference between a thread meant to "DIScuss a relic" and someone sharing their pride and joy that they just spent a good amount of money on.

I agree that we need to show a little respect but it seems that the firestorms get things moving around here.

Maybe this says something about human nature?

• Members

I agree. One thing I don't miss are the obvious troll threads.

• Members

True enough, some were very annoying, yet I feel like this place needs a few villains. Some of those guys played that part so well. It helps the nicer/more rational folks feel that more sense of community. I also have no illusions that more conflict would fix this place. It just might make it a little more interesting.

• Members

No Stepford wives. Discussions are great, bickering incessantly isn't. I have enough idiot friends that I can argue with for the sake of arguing. I come here to unwind, not get wound up. Discussions are great, bickering incessantly isn't.

A friend told me years ago that Calm Like A Bomb should be my theme song.

He said because I'm like , calm, calm, indifferent, relaxed, then out of the blue I'm all f#ck you c#nt rag, I'll cut you head off with a drywall saw.

There's truth to that analogy. So I normally bail before it gets out of hand.

• Members
These guys should write a book - "How To Utterly Destroy A Thriving Online Community - For Dummies".

I'd put that in my sig, but I don't want to disturb it.

That way it can be an archeological artifact of how it used to be, here.

• Members
No Stepford wives. Discussions are great, bickering incessantly isn't. I have enough idiot friends that I can argue with for the sake of arguing. I come here to unwind, not get wound up. Discussions are great, bickering incessantly isn't.

A friend told me years ago that Calm Like A Bomb should be my theme song.

He said because I'm like , calm, calm, indifferent, relaxed, then out of the blue I'm all f#ck you c#nt rag, I'll cut you head off with a drywall saw.

There's truth to that analogy. So I normally bail before it gets out of hand.

I'm a bit like that, don't suffer fools gladly, eventually give both barrels. The fuse is much longer these days though, I am glad to say.

Archived