My Name is ...............and I'm a Guitaraholic

• Moderators
Oddly enough, I am a shadow of my old former addicted self. Don't get me wrong, I am an addict......once an addict..... BUT I now crave the guitars that are of the cheap. 20 years ago, when I became a serious guitar student....if it didn't say "made in the USA" on it.....I didn't want it near me. 10 years later......I may let some MIJ slip through the cracks...... but that was it. Now.....I'm like the war monger money backer in contact with every sweat shop this side of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Dongguan, Hong Kong, Foshan, Zhuhai, and Macau trying to find a $60 guitar that plays like a 1960 Fender strat......and when I do.....I plan on buying 30 of them. I need to take my meds now.

Thanks for sharing Scottie, we feel your pain man

• Members
This one really gives me GAS

I hate to walk into Guitar Center because I know she'll be waiting there to seduce me.

H76276000002000-00-750x750.jpg

I stopped in to see her yesterday. She was very sweet. I think my other guitars know that I was out fooling around as they are really trying to hold my attention by being oh so nice.

• Members
Been GAS free for quite a few months now......then just outta the blue yesterday I had a slip, thought I'd better get me in to a meeting, I'll post a pic when I've sobered up some, but it's from the Gibson distillery:eatdrink048:

GAS aside, I realized that I have a problem.

Last night, looked around my office, 2 guitars in stands, one leaning against the amp, another one leaning against the couch, a build project is laying in the floor on top of two reams of paper, one on the guitar mat waiting to be wired, another in my chair waiting to be wired, one in a case against the wall, and a cheap acoustic pushed up against the bookshelf, and a neck laying on the desk.

Mostly the problem is space.

• Members

Last night, looked around my office, 2 guitars in stands, one leaning against the amp, another one leaning against the couch, a build project is laying in the floor on top of two reams of paper, one on the guitar mat waiting to be wired, another in my chair waiting to be wired, one in a case against the wall, and a cheap acoustic pushed up against the bookshelf, and a neck laying on the desk.

get rid of the paper.:)

• Members
This one really gives me GAS

I hate to walk into Guitar Center because I know she'll be waiting there to seduce me.

H76276000002000-00-750x750.jpg

Funny how tastes vary. I would not keep that if someone gave it to me. But shes not after me.smiley-wink

• Members

And by the way, I've been pretty good at GAS resistance the past year or so. I did buy a nice used Ibanez AEG20E acoustic electric for $145 at GC the day before Father's Day, but that's because we're moving into a new building at work and I'm getting an office again, which means I can practice at lunch once more.

But I've held off on numerous temptations: the Epi 339 Pro that I (still) want really badly; the flametop Epi SG Deluxe that I came soooo close to scoring for $280 off of ebay; the nice SZ520QM I saw at the local Music Go Round for $200 (with a quarter-sized chunk out of the back but otherwise in great shape); the 4th of July sparkle strats; the $99 Rondo Douglas Gravity Thinline and Fat Tele copies; the beautifully customized Epi Firebird w Tonerider Rebel 90s in it for $250.

I think I'm gonna to make myself a deal: I can get one new (to me) guitar if I get rid of two. I think maybe the Dot Deluxe (which I love and which sounds beautiful, but which is just too big for me to comfortably play sitting for extended periods), and the ESP LTP 256P (which is gorgeous and classy-yet-tough looking, but which loses out to Strats in comfort) can go in exchange for the 339 ....

• Members

It's like the old joke that you know you have a speed/meth problem when you run out of floor space for your "projects".

• Members

It's like the old joke that you know you have a speed problem when you run out of floor space for your "projects".

• Members

Funny how tastes vary. I would not keep that if someone gave it to me. But shes not after me.smiley-wink

The strange thing is that I dislike dull finishes and prefer to have the pickups covered but when I picked it up and played it I loved it.

The only change I would make would be some kind of vintage style knobs

• Members

The strange thing is that I dislike dull finishes and prefer to have the pickups covered but when I picked it up and played it I loved it.

The only change I would make would be some kind of vintage style knobs

HAH! You're mentally moding it. She's got you. Dead man walking, you just dont know it yet.very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

Archived