Poll: What is your favorite type of pickups ?

gardo

Poll: What is your favorite type of pickups ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What is your favorite type of pickups ?

• P 90
    • Single coil
    • Humbucker

• Members

I wouldn't really consider it a product since I'm the only one using it, although I might try that out if I can figure out how to do any of the business end stuff and make a few without it effecting my day job. It feels like a waste learning to build pickups, spending time and money on R&D, and being the only one to take advantage of that. I'm probably gonna convert some friends (other than the other guitar player in my band) into using them.

I did post some quick clips on the Seymour Duncan website a while back, if you want to get an idea of what they sound like.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?286903-Finally-some-quot-Full-Range-quot-Pickup-Clips

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
single-coils. love the clarity, sparkle and high end.

don't love the hum. :(

You can kill off the 60 cycle hum with a parametric EQ. I use a Behringer Feedback Destroyer 1124P's parametric EQ setting to do this. I rotate the jog wheel to 50 to 63hz, narrow the band width and drop the gain .... 90% of the hum will vanish.

Put me down for "all of the above" - each kind has its own sound and is useful IMHO. And as has already been pointed out, there's quite a bit of differences in various models. A PAF sounds completely different than a WRHB, even though both are dual coil humbucking pickups, and were even designed by the same guy - Ted McCarty.

Archived