Seeking information regarding an HC member named Mykie. Anybody know this guy?

PBRStreetGang

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I' dont know who is really behind all this, but I'd be more than ashamed for
{censored}ting people out of thier hard earned $$. It' just wrong...

This is alot like an episode of Scooby Doo. You think it's old man withers than runs the amusement park, but it's really his 17 y/o emo kid looking to scare or scam people for money to buy Alkaline Trio cd's....wtf...what a twist eh?

• Members

I' dont know who is really behind all this, but I'd be more than ashamed for

{censored}ting people out of thier hard earned $$. It' just wrong...

This is alot like an episode of Scooby Doo. You think it's old man withers than runs the amusement park, but it's really his 17 y/o emo kid looking to scare or scam people for money to buy Alkaline Trio cd's....wtf...what a twist eh?

No, no, no.....Both people are one in the same....its like pulling off Old Man Withers mask to find Old Man Withers.

• Members

MRAAJR... you are correct... but if you remember, it would be old man withers 17 yr. old PUNK ASS, MOTHER FU***** ,EMO, THIEVIN BASTARD CHILD... because as was clearly stated this was a punk ass kid... sorry just wanted to throw that in there.....
oh ya, and Gibson V man... i think your wrong, he was going to take the money and buy the newly remastered ... now w/ disco beat upgrades, Alk Trio. There is a huge difference there... one sucks!!!!, and the other really F'n sucks... well all I know is I am 20 minutes from Terre Haute, so I hope someone tags this thief....

• Members
Can I get any credit PBRStreetGang?

:p

Most definitely, Crystal. And as requested, I've kept your most prescient observations from appearing on the public forum.

A great deal of credit and thanks to you from me.

Still hoping for a resolution and expecting Mykie to take the lead on that.

• Members

So we are now letting old man withers "Mykie" get back in the drivers seat ? I thought he wasnt gonna get away with this because of us meddling kids... keeping with the scooby doo theme.

PBRS... do you have a pic of this guitar that was "sold" to you? If so please post it. Hell, this is better than watchin a weekend marathon of The Andy Griffith show.

• Members

PBRS... do you have a pic of this guitar that was "sold" to you? If so please post it. Hell, this is better than watchin a weekend marathon of The Andy Griffith show.

Unfortunately, dirt, most of Mykie's posts had been expunged from the site on November 4th the day he discovered this thread had been circulating. Pics are gone too.

As for the guitar, it was an Epi LP Studio in faded cherry with a black pickguard that had some stickers on it. It also had a black graphite nut installed.

When I became concerned that Mykie was not on the up and up, I searched through some of his older posts and saw that he had another unique listing in the classifieds for the same guitar. It originated on September 1st and when I read through it I saw an entry that he had made that I found a bit aggravating.

Here's why. The photos that he posted showed a guitar with trapezoid inlays which made it appear like it was a Limited Edition LP Studio. But in the September thread he posted an entry that explained that he forgot to mention that the trapezoid fret markers were actually vinyl decals that he used to cover up the dot markers. This bit of information, however, was never mentioned in the thread that I responded to and ultimately used to make my decision to buy the guitar from him.

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off but by the time I discovered this deception I was more concerned with whether or not I'd actually receive anything than if the guitar was modified in any way. The listing did specifically state that the guitar was all stock, BTW.

• Members

well used but these things are great to have to tinker around with at home.I never actually used it onstage but did alot of home recording and jamming with it. Needs a new DC adapter as I used the one that came with it for a pedal on my board.

$30 shipped to the lower 48 US states..

P1010248.jpg

This is from the Korg post, which he said he never made. Note it is typed the exact same way, with the same mistakes as his other posts. I've gone back over the posts he has not deleted and found the same mistakes in grammar, syntax, and punctuation.

Also, thanks for the kind words. Honestly, I just want everyone to get their money back. I swore when I discovered my nerd powers of language I would use them only for good.

• Members
Unfortunately, dirt, most of Mykie's posts had been expunged from the site on November 4th the day he discovered this thread had been circulating. Pics are gone too.

As for the guitar, it was an Epi LP Studio in faded cherry with a black pickguard that had some stickers on it. It also had a black graphite nut installed.

When I became concerned that Mykie was not on the up and up, I searched through some of his older posts and saw that he had another unique listing in the classifieds for the same guitar. It originated on September 1st and when I read through it I saw an entry that he had made that I found a bit aggravating.

Here's why. The photos that he posted showed a guitar with trapezoid inlays which made it appear like it was a Limited Edition LP Studio. But in the September thread he posted an entry that explained that he forgot to mention that the trapezoid fret markers were actually vinyl decals that he used to cover up the dot markers. This bit of information, however, was never mentioned in the thread that I responded to and ultimately used to make my decision to buy the guitar from him.

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off but by the time I discovered this deception I was more concerned with whether or not I'd actually receive anything than if the guitar was modified in any way. The listing did specifically state that the guitar was all stock, BTW.

Is this the LP ?

See Post #7
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?p=27360844#post27360844

4093992829_d126068e2e_o.jpg

• Members
Is this the LP ?

See Post #7

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?p=27360844#post27360844

Nope.

But I saw that thread that Mykie started back on April 11, 2008. That's a worn brown finish, I'm pretty sure. The guitar in question is worn cherry.

The thread you're referencing was from April 4-5, 2008. Peculiar how he empathizes with the OP over the Gibson VM and then posts a pic of an Epi worn brown and claims to share a kinship with Gibson owners. :facepalm:

• Members

Since we are all guitarist here, I think we should change it from kick your teeth in... it should say. "Steal our stuff and we'll BREAK YOUR {censored}IN FINGERS MOTHER {censored}ER" !!!!!! I hope to see this copied and posted on some signatures...

• Members

Hey---just read this thread. Who needs TV?

Anyway, if this guy's address is in IL, and from the lettering, there could be a chance I'm not too far away. I hate douchebags like this. I'd have to side with the appearance of guilt. It's easier to scam 100 people out of $100 than one person out of 10k. I've been a vic myself, fake LP Custom and fake ipod touches. Got things resolved on both cases, but man, I was, and still am, pissed.

Times are tough, but screwing over your fellow man is no answer.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

• Members

Well I guess Ill come clean as to what I can help/contribute.

I knew Mike from the ESP boards - just bull{censored}ting back and forth pretty much. Nothing past that, except an add on Facebook, and 2 years ago when I had Myspace. Thought the guy was pretty stand-up, but I guess people arent all what they seem.

Since Mike deleted me, and everyone else from the ESP boards off his Facebook account, Ill go ahead and post what I can to help those that were taken.

http://bbs.espguitars.com/member.php?u=882

Once his posts popped up on this thread, saying he hasnt been here in months, I started doing some research. He was actually inactive on the ESP boards for some time, but he said the reason was that he wasnt playing ESP, and playing Schecter more. Kinda odd reason to leave a message board, but whatever. I was one to actually see all his threads and posts that he now replaced with "....." and I instantly PMd PBRStreetGang showing him the IDENTICAL grammar between those posts and his current ones. He was IN FACT the one online selling that stuff. I kept it to PM with PBRStreetGang just for the sake of "maybe" I was wrong. Looks to me now, that I was right all along. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt though.

He then says he PayPal'd that bogus address $1 and then there was a name and address in the receipt - that obviously wasnt his . WTF is this? I NEVER paid someone and had their name and address in my receipt for payment. Nice try.

Fast forward a few days, and I receive some messages in my Facebook Inbox from the one and only.

i swa an email to my new bands myspace showing those guys the link to that thread..Glad I found out about it..I have an idea it may have been one of my old bandmates whom i never got along with and had a pretty hefty falling out with when I left the band. he's a hustler. never had a job to speak of lives off the gov.'t and anyone else he can get a handout from..

As for me last time sold anything online was my old ibanez way back in winter or early spring. that buyer got it next day UPS..If i was ever gonna scam someone or place it'd damn sure hafta be for wayyyyyy more than a lousy $100 ..I'm talking big time Bernie Madoff type dough..

the guitar in question was just pics lifted from my old photobucket account..It's an Epi not even worth over $100 dinged up frets etc..

It's crazy this is my first time dealing with such a matter. Kinda creepy actually.I hope I can help the guy out..

Man this {censored}ing harmony central thing is a nightmare.I almost feel like i should give that one poor guy a guitar of some sort.Truth be told the wife and I switched from local cable to satelite last month. There was a 3 week stretch in oct. when i did even have net service while I searched out an alternative to replace our broadband we had with cable.All the times I got in on flaming people on scams never thought I or my user id would ever be the focus of it anywhere.
:(
Turns out my old bass player, My nephew and a handful of his buddies had quite a little local ring going on for a while. They lifted pics of high end michael myers masks from some website and and were taking orders locally for masks they would never be able to deliver. (like the $100+ kinda masks)..And the one kid was using his mom's old eBay account to sell everything from video games to import tuner car parts that they did'nt have.Craigslist,Ebay, a local area classifieds website taking money hand over fist for a 5 week stretch.None of the other sites were any info of mine.I don't know who all they used to get accounts.

I've pm'd the guys on HCF with the names i knew of involved in the ordeal but aside from that i don't know what the hell to do. I feel bad for the dude on there.

One of the guys that responded on that thread is a local dude that i know pretty well. He was telling me he replied to a thread they made interested in an Epi but said he thought I'd lost my mind on it when (the fake me) replied to him with my address and info and he said my last name was spelled wrong and they had the number of address right but they had it as a city address and I live in a rural area. (ie. they had Arlington Street I live on Arlington Road).

What a freakin' nightmare...
:(

All I responded to him was " I dont know dude. Its all a weird situation it seems." I just wanted him to figure it out and come clean.

Now 'SixStringTrash' comes into play. I can bet money thats EXACTLY him due to his style with music and life. Easily fits him. And what do you know, the grammar matches up again. I just wish a lot of you could see the posts he made the past few months that he swears wasnt him. They matched up perfectly with the double periods, followed by no space between sentences. I doubt some kid selling hockey masks and PS3 games could think of duplicating his style of typing.

If the moderator can get an IP for both accounts, Im sure it wouldnt surprise many people that its the same.

So who all got ripped off?

-----

PBRStreetGang - $170

dbrettw - ?

fliprose - ?

Archived