Seeking information regarding an HC member named Mykie. Anybody know this guy?

PBRStreetGang

• Members

Three cheers for the real Mykie.... way to follow thru... PBRS, you should pursue this with your local investigative police dept. I would think you have more than enough information for them to bring up crimal charges especially if the real Mykie can confide in you his old band members name(s). Internet/wire fraud is a serious issue and I am betting they would be more than happy to help you press charges against this/these person(s)... I am glad to hear there was a happy ending, and YOUR!!!! cash was refunded. NOW PRESS CHARGES !!!!!! I hate thieves... especially crap like this.

+1

I'm sure you weren't the only one they ripped off.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Mykie

I sent funds for the Korg processor, and since you have not returned my PM about this, perhaps you could see that I get refunded as well.

Thanks

DW

I saw that thread when i searched posts that had been made with this name. I'm workin` on your issue as well dude..One thing is for sure I have never owned nor used a korg product.Except maybe a tuner way back in the day. As I said earlier in the thread the only effects unit i have ever had was a Pod.I'm on it though dude. if you would though please keep this in pm form as I hate having all this mess attached to my name. :(

• Members

Looks like Mykie hasn't been around since his last post. I'm curious to know if he has any other info regarding the losses incurred by our other members.

I would say it is pretty apparent nobody "hijacked" his account. It is unfortunate that there is no moderation in the one forum where peoples personal lives can be affected.

• Members

dude.. keep us updated with this thread... because I am 20 minutes from Terre Haute In. and 40 minutes from Danville Il., would like to know we got some dishonest mother F***** in one place or the other.... My band plays in both towns regularly.... just wanna know if ya ever get real names, which probably wont happen... but glad ya got your money refunded.

• Members

I would say it is pretty apparent nobody "hijacked" his account. It is unfortunate that there is no moderation in the one forum where peoples personal lives can be affected.

Actually good sir you are wrong,quite wrong..I just happened to be out of town for the last few days.. Not only was my account on here used without my knowledge but I have found other accounts of mine used as well. not all for 'shady' purposes but used nonetheless.

As I stated SEVERAL times. i am not a young person. middle aged,married/children etc.. i work a fulltime job and own a small business locally.'scamming' is not in my nature nor does it pertain any interest to me. Especially for such amounts of $30 or less.

My reluctance to post any information publicly stemmed from the fact that i did not know exactly whom of the people I suspected had actually done these stunts.And again legal ramifications of posting information publicly.. I spoke with a police officer friend of mine about whether something could be pursued locally for 'identity theft' on my part. He seemed rather cold to the notion as it was'nt as clear cut as say if someone were to open credit card accounts etc..

I feared momentarily that the person responsible was a close relative of mine who has had a recent troubled past. After questioning i do not think it was he. Although I cannot rule out that he played a part in it.

I closed all photobucket accounts in which other had access to so to curb anymore mishaps.

But I would like to reiterate one last time for the record I played no role nor part in this fiasco.My one and only guilt may stem from the fact that i used a 'central' password for nearly everything i did online for ease of remembrance on my part. Had i known some characters I had associated with would put 2 & 2 together and gain access to many of my accounts i had done things differently.

As for the guy who had dealt on the Epi. (Which my 2 epi's i own have not been for sale as i use them around the house) I see that he got his $$ back after my initial response when this thread was brought to my attention.As stated to the Korg buyer.. I have never...ever owned a piece of Korg equipment sans a tuner many many years ago..Nor have i ever had any Korg equipment for sale.. I sent notice to the same person(s) over the Korg item as i did over the Epi item.I believe I have narrowed accounts down to 4-5 various accounts that had been used. none of which were associated to my actual email and none of which were ever associated to any bank or credit card account of mine. (thankfully).I am doing what i can to get these people squared on any deal made.

• Members

Hey Mykie,

Tried to email you just now and your email address no longer exists. Coincidentally, I was trying to contact you regarding this email that I got from PayPal:

The refund sent by Michael L (mikevondude@gmail.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Michael L regarding this refund.

-----------------------------------

Refund details:

Amount: $170.00 USD

Sender: Michael L

Sender's email: mikevondude@gmail.com

Transaction ID: 2WF50XXXXXX29371K

Transaction date: Nov. 4, 2009

Thanks,

PayPal

What's the explanation for this?

PBRStreetGang

• Members

Hey Mykie,

Tried to email you just now and your email address no longer exists. Coincidentally, I was trying to contact you regarding this email that I got from PayPal:

The refund sent by Michael L (mikevondude@gmail.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Michael L regarding this refund.

Refund details:

Amount: $170.00 USD

Sender: Michael L

Sender's email:

Transaction ID: 2WF50XXXXXX29371K

Transaction date: Nov. 4, 2009

Thanks,

PayPal

What's the explanation for this?

PBRStreetGang

That does not look good...........

• Members

I'm the guy your looking for.Mike was not aware of any of this. I intend to make good for these deals if given time and opportunity.While i will not state my name publicly at his request i will say mike had nothing to do with this. I lost access to the email account but the paypal account was opened with a prepay visa never had a bank account attached to it

I will make good on this and again am sorry to mike for any grief this has caused him and i hope he is happy that I am following through on my word and posting this so that he can see I am making efforts to redeem myself on this matter.you can email me on here and please have patience and i will fix this situation.I was going to follow though on a purchase of a guitar from mike back in august. thought it was cool to use his pictures. i never got the money together for the purchase.the only dishonesty i had originally pulled on that deal was trying to sell a guitar for quite a bit more than he was selling it to me for at the time as it was damaged.

• Members

who ever is really behind the sixstringtrash facade... holy {censored} this dude is brave. SPBR now all ya gotta do is get a moderator to hook you up with the "owner " of this name... and just like that...slam... book closed on a internet / wire fraud case... Good luck... both of you... SPBR best of luck getting your cash back. Funny how per Mikes request this guy wont post his identity.... If someone did this under my DirtEye name... hell I would post their name on every forum I could find....!!!!

• Members

No {censored} ..... its like watching a movie that you think you have finally figured the ending out, and then they introduce some new character in the last few minutes and just throws it all for a loop.... like I said prior... good luck getting your $$$$$ back.

Archived