Seeking information regarding an HC member named Mykie. Anybody know this guy?

PBRStreetGang

• Members

dude whats this jackasses name... Myself and Fuzzyfoam racing are even closer to Terre Haute than Lonnie99. If not to go have a talk w/ him for ya, so at least we know we got a scammer in our immediate area. A thief is a the thief.. no matter if its a few hundred bucks or a Ibby Jem in Vietnam... piss me off...!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate scumbags like that. Track him down and send some goons to collect. Hopefully he hasn't sold the same guitar to 20 different people...Guys like that are the reason I get full names and addresses then run checks to see if the info is correct. If not, I don't do business with them. I also check the forums and online elsewhere.

• Members

Exactly--PayPal is a great thing. There's too much bull{censored} about 3% fees on these forums... who gives a {censored}? It protects your ass.

In response to another reply, I have done several trades where shipping items to and from was required and have never had an issue. There are some ways to protect yourself in these types of transactions, and once learned, its hard to get screwed.

• Members

Your dealings were not with me good sir.. I had not logged into this account all summer as I could'nt get the password to work..The email address attached to it was luckily an old one I still remembered the info to and was able to request a new password..It seems as though someone has gotten/used my info for some dealings..Because the paypal address is not mine nor am i able to access it..

i have an idea who in my area may have played a hand in this but the above addresses are not mine. I have used my same email and paypal addresses for years and years..And in all honesty have not even used them for some time..

If you'd like me to try and get to the bottom of this I will do so.. but as for scamming someone? not me dude. I'm a family man in my late 30's lol. and to scam a hundred and some bucks from a guy? not ever..I'm a husband and a father..

I will do what i can to see into this matter but please remove links to my myspace etc.

If you would like my real email address I will gladly share that with you to discuss this matter. But the ones involved in this deal are not mine that i use and when i managed to get access to them there were scores of emails in them from sites/places myself have never been to..

My few deals i have ever done on here were hassle free.Last time i sold anything here was an ibanez in 2008 in which my buyer got the item next day after he payed..believe he lived in Ms.

• Members

I sent a $1 payment to that paypal address and i got an Illinois address in the receipt email.. I do not nor have I ever lived in Illinois..And the last name linked to the account is not mine.It is simply a single letter in the last name field..I placed x's in some address fields as I'm not sure of the legality of posting an adreess online.

Michael L

6574 west XXXXn

DXXXXXXe, IL 61832

United States

Thanks,

PayPal

• Members

*phew*

Hopefully this gets cleared up.

I agree Jon...when I searched past posts on this account i saw other items up for sale under it for things I have never even owned.mutli effects units etc.Only effects unit i ever owned was a Pod and that was probably like 3-4 years ago??

• Members

Your dealings were not with me good sir.. I had not logged into this account all summer as I could'nt get the password to work..The email address attached to it was luckily an old one I still remembered the info to and was able to request a new password..It seems as though someone has gotten/used my info for some dealings..Because the paypal address is not mine nor am i able to access it..

i have an idea who in my area may have played a hand in this but the above addresses are not mine. I have used my same email and paypal addresses for years and years..And in all honesty have not even used them for some time..

If you'd like me to try and get to the bottom of this I will do so.. but as for scamming someone? not me dude. I'm a family man in my late 30's lol. and to scam a hundred and some bucks from a guy? not ever..I'm a husband and a father..

I will do what i can to see into this matter but please remove links to my myspace etc.

If you would like my real email address I will gladly share that with you to discuss this matter. But the ones involved in this deal are not mine that i use and when i managed to get access to them there were scores of emails in them from sites/places myself have never been to..

My few deals i have ever done on here were hassle free.Last time i sold anything here was an ibanez in 2008 in which my buyer got the item next day after he payed..believe he lived in Ms.

I'm not sure what you mean by all Summer?

See Link...........

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/search.php?searchid=7303262

-----------------------------------------------------------------

• Members

thats the sort of stuff i'm talking about man. there are posts and threads in my history that were never made by me.last time i dealt on here was selling an ibanez which was March see text below.

ot the guitar today. Looks great. I think the only thing I am going to do is replace the pickguard. Ma that was lightning fast shipping. I got it around 2pm. Thanks again.

Frank

Greetings again,She's on the road headed your way..Tracking number is 1Z440X700344700300 ,Thanks again for the smooth deal.I put the guitar in it's gig bag then the triangular style guitar box then some foam wrapping and then bubble wrap and a larger outer box so she should be nice and stable for the ride.Hope it brings you much joy.I know I'm gonna regret getting rid of it.Those Maple boards have always held a softspot in my heart..

And I believe prior to that i bought a tuner on here in like June of 08' aside from that I have posted nothing.Some pictures i saw were old old pics lifted from my photobucket account others were pictures of things i have never owned.

i tried logging in here a handful of times over the summer.it always failed "password does not match"..I had to dig deep to even get access to the email account linked here to be able to log in and deal with this..

One thing i can assure you of a scammer I am not nor ever have been.

• Members

Contact the police wherever that is in Illinois. The history of deals on your account and with his paypal account are enough for them to arrest him for fraud. Contact PayPal as well with his username and details and they will freeze his account and help the police. That's what the fees are for and that's why their rules are biased to the buyer.

• Members

Mykie,

Got your emails this morning. Your response to the two emails that I sent on November 2nd and November 3rd respectively are appreciated. But something doesn't add up.

I sent an email to the same address on October 28th and another on October 30th asking for information regarding the shipment of the guitar. Never got any response from you.

Also, on October 17th when I sent the money via PayPal to the same email address, the payment went through, which means that you would have gotten an automated email from PayPal informing you that the funds had been deposited in your account. Did you think it odd at the time that there was activity in your PayPal account that you hadn't authorized?

As I am in New York, I would very much like for you to try to get to the bottom of this especially if you have an idea of who in your area may have played a hand in this.

PBRStreetGang

• Members

Absolutely dude.that was a 'generic' email address created solely for photobucket. i had never used it for any other thing than that.It was shared by myself and some others in an old band i was.. it took me several attempts to get into the email once i was directed to this post here on these boards. the password to that account had been changed but luckily the security questions had not and i was able to re-change the password..

I have not received nor taken any money from you dude. But as i said I am looking into it and trying my best to figure out who may have used my info and jacked accounts.

• Members

If you check i think i may have had some luck at getting your money sent back to you..If that indeed has happened I would appreciate any information of mine being removed from this thread. As stated WAS NOT MYSELF personally doing these actions..I am genuinely not that type of person.

• Members

Sure enough, folks. The money has been refunded to my PayPal account.

Many questions remain unanswered but valuable lessons have been learned, as well.

I deeply appreciate the support and contributions that have been made on my behalf by my brethren here at Harmony-Central to help resolve this issue.

• Members

There were exactly 3 suspects i had in mind on this issue.. I sent a heated phone message to all 3..I have yet to narrow it down but was told that the money was given back..AGAIN I had no role nor part in this matter.. I regret my info or account here was used for such dealings. But was not by me..I buy/sell very very rarely here.And any deal i have ever made was followed through on to the letter.

• Members

I've talked to Mike on numerous occasions on Myspace and he's a stand up guy. I think everything he's saying is true. I don't see him ripping anyone off. The story might seem fishy to a few people but I don't think he would be the type of person to lie about it.

• Members

Three cheers for the real Mykie.... way to follow thru... PBRS, you should pursue this with your local investigative police dept. I would think you have more than enough information for them to bring up crimal charges especially if the real Mykie can confide in you his old band members name(s). Internet/wire fraud is a serious issue and I am betting they would be more than happy to help you press charges against this/these person(s)... I am glad to hear there was a happy ending, and YOUR!!!! cash was refunded. NOW PRESS CHARGES !!!!!! I hate thieves... especially crap like this.

Archived