A Real S#!77y Deal

Dixie 10-8

• Members

Yeah, I did get my wish, and no regrets. If not for this thread there's a good chance that Indianscout would still be flying under the radar - scamming, ripping and lying on the boards in relative anonymity. If this kind of thread is what it takes to expose an unconscionable sleaze, then so be it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I'm just {censored}ing shocked at reading this thread. I had exchanged a handful of PMs with Dixie regarding a tele/strat trade (presumably similar to this particular deal gone down the {censored}ter) and I have to say...Dixie is top notch. A straight shooter if I ever saw one...

...and while our deal didn't materialize, I walked away from the discussions feeling damn good about the guy and made a mental note about what kinda straight shooter he was if I were ever to do business with him in the future.

IndianScout, you just made my ignore list. If you're truly dealing with cancer in the family, you have ZERO {censored}ing business wasting your time on these boards (and instead should be taking care of your family)......what you're doing trading/selling gear while your wife is supposedly fighting cancer, is beyond me. Sounds to me like a heap of bull{censored} to dig yourself out of getting caught trying to screw over a good man.

• Members

30 pages! Wow...should we call Guiness Book of World Records? There are several things that could interest them in this thread. Views, responses, great avatars, how many times IndianScout has said "I am done" or used GTFO. Truly epic.

• Members

Okay, I've keep my silence until now.

On another forum I frequent, IS pleaded for a guitar to play while he recovered from illness. His story touched several people, he posted it on HC. I offered a tele, Nelsonic, that I never play...free of charge.

I came over her to see someone else had beat me to it, shipped already. No word from IS on this. I PM the sender (a very nice guy) and find out that not only did he send one, a vendor here was going to send one and not tell anybody.

I got pissed, on the other forum I asked him how many free guitars does he need? He got understandably put off, several indignant posts/excuses.

On one of the other forums at the same time he was bragging about a Hamer he scored when some guy walked into the place he worked and almost gave it away. When I questioned him about the Hamer, he said it was a Christmas present for his kid and wrapped up, "so sue me for wanting to give my kid a nice, used gift".

I don't trust him.

• Members

kkyle - You have got to be {censored}ting me. He actually threw out the Sick Indian sympathy card to score a free guitar? And succeeded? Gotta tell ya, boys, this tops the {censored}ing cake. This guy is a walking hemorrhoid...a pubic hair attached to the music community's bar of soap. Just when you think you've heard it all...

• Members

On another forum I frequent, IS pleaded for a guitar to play while he recovered from illness. His story touched several people, he posted it on HC. I offered a tele, Nelsonic, that I never play...free of charge.

I came over her to see someone else had beat me to it, shipped already. No word from IS on this. I PM the sender (a very nice guy) and find out that not only did he send one, a vendor here was going to send one and not tell anybody.

I got pissed, on the other forum I asked him how many free guitars does he need? He got understandably put off, several indignant posts/excuses.

On one of the other forums at the same time he was bragging about a Hamer he scored when some guy walked into the place he worked and almost gave it away. When I questioned him about the Hamer, he said it was a Christmas present for his kid and wrapped up, "so sue me for wanting to give my kid a nice, used gift".

I don't trust him.

you're a good man for trying.

BTW, I got some bad athletes foot on my pinkie toe, can I haz free guitar?:D

• Members

kkyle - You have got to be {censored}ting me. He actually threw out the Sick Indian sympathy card to score a free guitar? And succeeded? Gotta tell ya, boys, this tops the {censored}ing cake. This guy is a walking hemorrhoid...a pubic hair attached to the music community's bar of soap. Just when you think you've heard it all...

Ok, in fairness, I can't remember everything he said. Some was in PMs. Another poster offered up the idea to give/loan a guitar after he lamented his trials over the face tattoo guy. Here's the exact thread, minus PMs:

http://www.liveruckus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5847&highlight=nelsonic

At post number 49 I had already PMed the HC guy that had already mailed a guitar.

• Members

I've read through all 30 pages of this thread and I'm pretty sure this wasn't linked (if it was, I offer my apologies for the repeat!):

http://www.schecterforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1231

...The world-renowned, infamous, "Tattoo-Face Schecter Forums Screwjob". This is truly insane, makes for quite a read if you have an hour or so of free time. Several posts in this HC thread have made mention of it, so here's everyone's chance to see it first-hand.

I have no involvement in this thread, except that a few weeks ago IndianScout offered me the Ace Les Paul as trade bait (wasn't interested and that was the last I heard from him). But I wanted to post this as a third-party player/gear lover who has been scammed in the past (not here thankfully). I hate to see it happen to anyone, ever. We all love to jam, we all love to pick up new gear, and if not for the few people who just can't do it honestly and honorably, this community would be a haven for the rest of us. It truly sucks to see someone with the best of intentions live up to their end of a deal, be responsible, honest, and prompt... and be "rewarded" like this.

So this is for those of you who want to dig even deeper. There's some interesting information pertaining to IndianScout in that link.

Best of luck to all those who got the short end of the stick, I hope you all can find some sort of resolution in all of this.

• Members

This guy is a walking hemorrhoid...a pubic hair attached to the music community's bar of soap. Just when you think you've heard it all...

^^^ I lol'd.

The funny (and not so funny at the same time) thing about this is that Dixie is one of the easiest going guys I have ever traded with and he is now responsible for one of the most epic threads ever that has spanned at least three forums and possibly the first class action lawsuit against a forumite! Atta-boy Norm! :thu: Although Goodness has done most of the heavy lifting/ball busting in the day to day life of the thread.

• Members

Rumor has it that this guy has a new record deal...

Yeah, on another forum I used to go to he claimed to have been signed to a record deal based on some cover songs or something. If I remember right he claimed to be wheelchair-bound on that forum. :idk:

• Members

I don't trust him.

Jeez how can the guy go to sleep at night? He offered me a Gibson Les Paul VM as trade bait too!

• Members

I don't trust him.

ist2_2961685-straw-that-broke-the-c.jpg

Archived