A Real S#!77y Deal

Dixie 10-8

• Members

I just received my guitar at the office and I am absolutely disgusted.

The guitars absoultely stinks like tobacco, I have never smelt something so bad. I cannot bring this into my apartment, and I am doubtfull if the smell will go away. It smells like it has been locked in a smokers lounge for years.

The guitar is ruined. My co workers are complaining about the smell and it is at least 10 feet away from the next person, you could smell it outside the box. I wont be able to sell the guitar in this state.

Am I right in assuming that Indianscout should make the situation right as he said he would?

The Ace stank like that as well - at least the case did. I was able to air the case out in my basement for a few days, and most of it went away.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The guitars absoultely stinks like tobacco, I have never smelt something so bad. I cannot bring this into my apartment, and I am doubtfull if the smell will go away. It smells like it has been locked in a smokers lounge for years.

The guitar is ruined. My co workers are complaining about the smell and it is at least 10 feet away from the next person, you could smell it outside the box. I wont be able to sell the guitar in this state.

Am I right in assuming that Indianscout should make the situation right as he said he would?

Well, I'm glad to hear you got your guitar back. I was a little concerned that you wouldn't. Follow Dixie's suggestion. You may have to do it more than once but it should work for you.

I almost traded this guy a while back. Can't remember whether it was my Dean EVO Czech premium or my Strat. Thank goodness I didn't.

• Members

Man this sucks monkey buns, I've been tryin to hook up with Indian Scout for 2 days to do a deal of some sort, but no response....I know it may sound crazy, but I wanna see if doing a deal with this guy could really be that bad. Probably start small, like maybe swap a pack of Juicy Fruit for Big Red, and if that goes well we'll move up to Blow Pop's.... but {censored}, this MoFo has become a f'in legend, I gotta do a deal with him before Sheriff Buford T Justice catches him.

• Members

jesus that sounds disgusting.

• Members

What kind of guitar is it?

• Members

I can't believe that I am the one bumping this debacle, but if you guys could do me a favor I'd appreciate it.

I just took over the good traders list over in the Electric Guitars Forum and it's a pretty big list. http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2305899

If you take a look at it you can see that it's a pretty big list and thanks to steve_man (the original creator) it's very accurate. It took me about half a day to update and transcribe to the new thread.

Anyway, the point here is that it's been a little while since the accused has told everyone here that he has made everything right. I've gotten a lot of PM's on both sides of this issue and I have no power to do anything other than update the list to reflect the quality of the transaction. In the meantime IndianScout is temporarily removed from the good traders list, but unless I see some posts about the outcome of his corrective actions either good or bad I can't do anything else.

I've got no dog in this race and would like to see everything resolved so that everyone is happy, but as people start receiving their items I'd like to get this updated in the good traders thread.

Bottom line is that if he made good and everyone is happy then I'll gladly put him back on the positive side. If things aren't satisfactory than I'll put him on the bad traders list. If you don't take the time to post your experience then please don't send me a PM about him...it's got to be in that thread.

If he is a dirtbag (because I truly and honestly don't know for sure) we need him outed so that no one else gets taken. If this is just another one of those HC lynchings than it's pretty sad.

• Members

I personally feel his actions warrant a ban from the entire site, so you could say I would think he would be on the bad traders list.

How IndianScout could possibly ever be on a Good Traders list on this board after this thread is beyond me, and I am not even talking about all of us taking shots at him. I am just talking about the people he screwed over in this thread. Even if he did make things right, it was only because he got called out and nailed, so I don't see how making things right would do anything other then finally get people their lost money/gear back. It certainly shouldn't put him back into the good graces of anyone here.

Furthermore, did you see what Gegg&H said about their returned guitar? What kind of person takes a guitar in trade, says its broken, refuses to send the guitar he said he would trade for and then keeps the supposedly "broken" guitar for a month and uses it in the studio and for recording? Then he finally returns it after being publicly pressured to make things right and when it gets back to the original owner, it reeks of tobacco so bad that people complain about the smell from 10 feet away?

That incident alone is enough for me to write IndianScout off forever as far as trading goes and that is only a single problem in a large pool of problems, lies and deceit.

I just can't see any reason why he shouldn't be permanently on the Bad Traders list with a big red SCAMMER next to his name.

• Members

I personally feel his actions warrant a ban from the entire site, so you could say I would think he would be on the bad traders list.

How IndianScout could possibly ever be on a Good Traders list on this board after this thread is beyond me, and I am not even talking about all of us taking shots at him. I am just talking about the people he screwed over in this thread. Even if he did make things right, it was only because he got called out and nailed, so I don't see how making things right finally would do anything other then finally get people their lost money/gear back. It certainly shouldn't put him back into the good graces of anyone here.

Furthermore, did you see what Gegg&H said about their returned guitar? What kind of person takes a guitar in trade, says its broken, refuses to send the guitar he said he would trade for and then keeps the supposedly "broken" guitar for a month and uses it in the studio and for recording? Then he finally returns it after being publicly pressured to make things right and when it gets back to the original owner, it reeks of tobacco so bad that people complain about the smell from 10 feet away?

That incident alone is enough for me to write IndianScout off forever as far as trading goes and that is only a single problem in a large pool of problems, lies and deceit.

I just can't see any reason why he shouldn't be permanently on the Bad Traders list with a big red SCAMMER next to his name.

Right!:thu:

• Members

How IndianScout could possibly ever be on a Good Traders list on this board after this thread is beyond me, and I am not even talking about all of us taking shots at him. I am just talking about the people he screwed over in this thread. Even if he did make things right, it was only because he got called out and nailed, so I don't see how making things right would do anything other then finally get people their lost money/gear back. It certainly shouldn't put him back into the good graces of anyone here.

Ditto. I can think of NO way he should ever be put on the good traders list.

ashasha If that is how the list works, it is a total waste of your time to maintain it and ours to check it.

• Members

Ditto. I can think of NO way he should ever be put on the good traders list.

ashasha
If that is how the list works, it is a total waste of your time to maintain it and ours to check it.

The list only works if people post in it.

It'd be impossible for anyone to run around here and read every single post and then form their own opinion as to whether it was a good trade or not. It's not realistic nor is it fair to everyone. This thread is nice, but it's technically hearsay and I wouldn't use it to defend nor condemn anyone (because I know that if I was in either set of shoes here I'd be pissed off).

It's easy...

good trade :love: = post it in the thread

bad trade :mad: = post it in the thread

^^ I even put little pictures in there to help. :cop:

If it isn't in there then don't frickin bother me about it and don't complain about the outcome. I've got no way to verify the validity of anything here in reality and it's all on a good word basis as it is. It isn't that hard, but dammit if you all aren't trying to make it difficult.

I refuse to change anything in there when no one is doing something as simple as just posting their good or bad trade experiences in the appropriate thread. I've had to clean out my inbox 5 times this week because of this; I'm done with it until I see some posts in there.

And for those of you who need it: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2305899

• Members

:mad:
=
post it in the thread

^^ I even put little pictures in there to help.
:cop:

If it isn't in there then don't frickin bother me about it and don't complain about the outcome. I've got no way to verify the validity of anything here in reality and it's all on a good word basis as it is. It isn't that hard, but dammit if you all aren't trying to make it difficult.

I refuse to change anything in there when no one is doing something as simple as just posting their good or bad trade experiences in the appropriate thread. I've had to clean out my inbox 5 times this week because of this; I'm done with it until I see some posts in there.

And for those of you who need it:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2305899

Wow, I think you totally missed the point. My point was that if someone can screw the world and then be listed as a "good trader" after one deal it is not something worth anyone's time to maintain or check because the list is BOGUS. The point of our irritation is that when there is a pattern of bad dealings with multiple people (and in this case even well known over other forums) there should be no way on earth he should ever be listed as anything close to a "good trader"!

This is how I do it. Good deal, add em to the sig. Post into good deal thread the result of the trade. When I update my sig...BINGO! It updates in the previous post with the good traders name. That way if I forget, it is still listed in the thread. Same with a bad deal...in the sig, linked to all my posts everywhere.

• Members

Bottom line is that if he made good and everyone is happy then I'll gladly put him back on the positive side. If things aren't satisfactory than I'll put him on the bad traders list. If you don't take the time to post your experience then please don't send me a PM about him...it's got to be in that thread.

If he is a dirtbag (because I truly and honestly don't know for sure) we need him outed so that no one else gets taken. If this is just another one of those HC lynchings than it's pretty sad.

ashasha...I didn't intend to start or participate in a pissing match with you. This is what we are all concerned about. Read what happened in this thread. He shafted several folks with no regard for making it right until he was backed into a corner. We don't want him to gain any good standing based on his correcting the issues only because he was caught.

Archived