Vox Tonelab Lounge. Come on in and share your secrets.

• Members

I am going into my Crate V30 (Class A, all tube amp) on the FX return loop. The TL is on one of the Line settings. It sounds pretty good. It's interesting that both with this amp, and with my previous setup (Tonelab desktop with an SS amp), both amps "color" the sound somewhat. Or maybe I should say both speakers/cabinets color the sound a little. You can still detect some of the flavor od the amp in other words - but only at certain times.

I was using the same setup until about a week ago when I sold my V3112. I think I want to try the FRFR set up next.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So you want use the tonelab just for some amp tones in addition to the traynor, and not fx?

Yes, but maybe some of the modulation stuff from the Tonelab and tap tempo delay from the TL. I am thinking about puting the Head's preamp and Intellifex in a switchable loop and the TL in a swithable loop after the first loop and have either or both hit the power amp of the the Head.

• Members

Everyone should do themselves a favor and buy a Radial Dragster, place it before your Tonelab and adjust to taste. I bought one a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. It really adds that "straight into the amp" feel to it, a more natural tone.

• Members

Everyone should do themselves a favor and buy a Radial Dragster, place it before your Tonelab and adjust to taste. I bought one a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. It really adds that "straight into the amp" feel to it, a more natural tone.

What is it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

since my amp crapped out on me. im going guitar to tonelab SE to P.A. and it sounds pretty good. i'm a guitar straight to amp guy(LP to marshall) and i've had the SE for a couple of years,but never had much time to mess with it too much,so it just sat in the garage.anyways i always thought it was a great unit.so now out of nessecity and having more free time ,out it comes.and after tweeking it and getting decent sounds from the p.a. i might be hooked in.plus i need to start recording some stuff and this will be a great way to get tons of different tones. :thu:

• Members

since my amp crapped out on me. im going guitar to tonelab SE to P.A. and it sounds pretty good. i'm a guitar straight to amp guy(LP to marshall) and i've had the SE for a couple of years,but never had much time to mess with it too much,so it just sat in the garage.anyways i always thought it was a great unit.so now out of nessecity and having more free time ,out it comes.and after tweeking it and getting decent sounds from the p.a. i might be hooked in.plus i need to start recording some stuff and this will be a great way to get tons of different tones.
:thu:

Do you have any patches to share?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived