Some of us would never ever meet!

fuzzface71

• Members
Originally posted by EvilSoup

You still would of rocked out to limp bizkit and kid rock?
;)

Hah!

Actually, I progressed beyond that crap about 8 months or so before I joined. But I don't know if I would have ever been turned onto Matthew Sweet, or Television, or Richard Hell, and that'd really suck. Who knows- maybe I'd still be in the Iron Maiden phase? That'd be sad. I probably would have never developed an affinity for the Pumpkins. Or maybe I would have (I hope)...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Kestral

I met Filterbank at a mutual friend's party through his wife. Neither of us knew the other would be there.

So there I am hanging out at the party and three ladies come by and we get to talking and one of them talks about how her man is into guitar pedals and even goes on some Internet board and that was when we figured it out. So Filterbank's wife and I go over to Filterbank and she introduced us. It was kuh-lassic
:D

That's an awesome story. :D

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Some people should organize some regional Pedal-Fests. I went to an amp-fest a year or so ago. It was pretty cool. Met some people from the amp forum. Heard some cool amps. I think a pedal-fest would be quite bo-delicious. Couple of cool tube amps and whole bunch of pedalboards...

We do that in the UK. Some of us meet in London for a drink. This evolved into a 'show and tell' pedal day. We had one in October and the next one is on 26th Feb.

Through the course of last year I have met

Dot Dot Dot

Muscated

Zhivago

Kid A

Mr 100

Extremely Bored

Jeztastic

• Members

I met stompboxx through here, and we're now trying to start a band!
I also use him for my gear whoring - he's my pedal dealer!:)

Gonna meet a few guys on 26th Feb for a show and tell - check out the thread about it - we're going to have sooooo much gear it'll be cool!

• Members
Originally posted by CS

We do that in the UK. Some of us meet in London for a drink. This evolved into a 'show and tell' pedal day. We had one in October and the next one is on 26th Feb.

Dot Dot Dot

Muscated

Zhivago

Kid A

Mr 100

Extremely Bored

Jeztastic

I should probably have read your post before I posted!:D

• Members
Originally posted by CS

Dot Dot Dot

Muscated

Zhivago

Kid A

Mr 100

Extremely Bored

Jeztastic

indeed! we have loads of fun in London...

at to this list:

Cutterbuck
Delorian/Ian87
Alerieb
BenScully

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by CS

Dot Dot Dot

Muscated

Zhivago

Kid A

Mr 100

Extremely Bored

Jeztastic

:cool:

• Members

Valvey and I used to hang until he lawyered up and got all 'merican on me. I briefly met Funksta. Papa Taco says he knows some friends of mine, but I still haven't met him, and ice house is coming up to Vancouver this summer, and I'm pretty much the only guy that'll "recieve" him. I "will" jam with FF71, because Montreal is an amazing city that I'd love to get back to.

I'd like to organize a show and tell for all the Vancouver guys though.

• Members

Originally posted by Rob Eadgbe

I'd like to organize a show and tell for all the Vancouver guys though.

me and my band'll be playing vancouver soon. March 12th at the media club. I think the opening band is gonna good too so it should be a wicked good show.

• Members

Hoping to meet up with Aston (nosferatu) soon for a pedal-fest. Met Jason, another forumite from KL (forgot his moniker, as he has been absent from the fx forum for a long time now, last time I heard he was busy with a new job)

Met up with Mike Both and Merv (F1amethrower) and spent a nice morning with them in November 2003 with a bunch of pedal on the floor plus my tacky guitar and small Tech21 amp. A real gas (pun intended), saw the mighty infinitphase in real life, pity I don't have a need for one, otherwise... Merv is a really enterprising guy and had started a business selling fx in Singapore.

I should catch up with these buddies, it's been a while.

Memorable time with Joey (seifukusha) in October 2002 (see pic). He so kindly showed me around Seoul and we spent time scouring this complex with four floors of shops stuffed with vintage and new stuff. Bought my PSK powered pedalboard and a mint Boss DM-300 there. Played his two main guitars (Fender Jag and an exquisite Gretsch semi) and some of his massive bunch of vintage fx in his apartment.

There might be an opportunity to meet up with a Zapp in Tokyo in March, hope that will happen.

I'm always on the lookout for opportunities to meet up with forumites on business trips abroad.

If any of you are ever in the region and might fancy a stop in KL, do alert me and I'll take you around KL and we'll have a meal on me. I still have an outstanding rain-check for Mike and Merv as the last time they were here I was fasting in Ramadan. :)

If you bring one or two of your favourite pedals, I can organize a session, perhaps even with the rest of the KL guys.

So, all in all, the world is not such a small place, eh?

BTW, really nice to see the London guys getting together regularly, they seem to be having loads of fun.

• Members

Originally posted by Dr. Nick

haven't met any forumites just yet, but i'll probably meet mr fahrenheit one of these days and also unity gain if he gigs in springfield sometime.

we should get a midwest gathering together... maybe springfield... the chicago people could come down, I could come up, I think there's a few people in southern ill -- john hiller, maybe? then we could all go to the underground tavern.

• Members

I've met Peterregiel and Squeally Dan (who doesn't post much here anymore).

I'm going to meet some of the Londoners next month and I hope to meet JCN one of these days since I'm in Nashville all the time.

I've spoken to Gainster, Steel Kage, and us2bslim on the phone. All of them top notch guys btw.

• Members

I wish there were more DC area folks here. I'd even go up to NYC for a meetup if the timing was right. I'd feel a lot more secure with myself referencing this forum (it happens accidently talking music with the girlfriend!) if I'd actually met you guys in person...

• Members
Originally posted by Unity Gain

we should get a midwest gathering together... maybe springfield... the chicago people could come down, I could come up, I think there's a few people in southern ill -- john hiller, maybe? then we could all go to the underground tavern.

that'd be awesome, though i doubt it'd happen. way too hard to arrange a weekend where everyone's able to drive hundreds of miles, not to mention springfield aint quite worth the drive.

"hey everyone! let's get plastered and check out the lincoln sites!"

:D

• 6 months later...
  • Members

ive met andreas about 20 times....he is mr good guy.

have i met someone else here.....hmmm....hk phooey went to our gig 2 years ago but didnt introduce himself ( i bet he thought we sucked too much)....

i was gonna hook up with newstrat in Paris two weeks ago but he didnt call me. :(

i guess im a loser and deserve to die.

• Members

Met nosferatu123 to lend him my Tonebone Classic and MXR Distortion II, after all this time and both of us in KL. In fact he lives so close to where I used to stay before I moved, but my present location is like way across KL.

I'll be in Montreal for a meeting in November, perhaps I can meet fuzzface - that would be fantastic. Anybody else from Montreal?

Has anyone had the chance to meet Jacques? I'm due for two meetings in Paris in the first and third week of October - thought it'd be nice to meet him. Or perhaps I'm wrong and he's from some other part of France.

Archived