Some of us would never ever meet!

fuzzface71

• Members
Originally posted by keramat8

Met nosferatu123 to lend him my Tonebone Classic and MXR Distortion II, after all this time and both of us in KL. In fact he lives so close to where I used to stay before I moved, but my present location is like way across KL.

:(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by bieke

I still have to meet the first forumite

I once talked to Speeddemon on the phone and I was talking complete crap

I've met quite some Dutch members; Speedy, Godin73, Giordano..

Bieke, are you aware there is a new meeting coming up? It's near Amsterdam though..

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzface71

Ever realise that, although maybe, you might have met one or two guys from in here. Most of us would never ever get to meet each other in our lifetime!

You would never ever meet The Rev, olle, The Gainster, Feisty, bieke etc..

I mean.. I consider all of you my internet buddies.

The internet-era is really weird.
:(

It's only a 6 hour drive from Montreal to Toronto. Take the Greyhound over here and I'll kick your ass back into Frenchieland

:D

• Members
Originally posted by peterregiel

Psh - I could probably see Thelonius once or twice a week if I wanted to, without even having to go far.

Hey!! Watch the fat jokes!! :mad: Oh..you meant because we live..oh :o

Actually I saw you the other day man. I didn't bother you, you looked busy. You were in Target shopping. I was strolling through produce. You looked like you were on a mission.

• Members
Originally posted by CS

We do that in the UK. Some of us meet in London for a drink. This evolved into a 'show and tell' pedal day. We had one in October and the next one is on 26th Feb.

Through the course of last year I have met

Dot Dot Dot

Muscated

Zhivago

Kid A

Mr 100

Extremely Bored

Jeztastic

Originally posted by Zhivago

indeed! we have loads of fun in London...

at to this list:

Cutterbuck

Delorian/Ian87

Alerieb

BenScully

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Jaymeister

There are forumites that I have met in person, but I have not told them who my online persona is, but I know who they are;)

That's why I'm always nervous about being on here going "man, my bass player's the world's biggest {censored}ing dickhead"

btw...I met Bob McBroom this weekend. Saw him at the music store and was like "hey bob!!"

Then after talking to him I realized I'd met him before and seen him play with a friend of mine and even had a late night Wafflehouse dinner with him and a few other folks years ago. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

It's only a 6 hour drive from Montreal to Toronto. Take the Greyhound over here and I'll kick your ass back into Frenchieland

:D

You're just dying to touch my ass, huh?! :p
I was supposed to be in Toronto this weekend to help my cousin move back to montreal, but I have 2 gigs lined up this weekend. :)

Originally posted by keramat8

I'll be in Montreal for a meeting in November, perhaps I can meet fuzzface - that would be fantastic. Anybody else from Montreal?

That would be cool, but I don't have tons of pedals anymore. :(

• Members

I've met 4 so far.

Marcus Dahl, Miles Mayhem, palthegiraffe and Thelonius.

All 4 great guys.

The best part is how diverse the group is. I mean, even if you take the physical distance away, it's probably safe to say that if you got a random sampling of this forum together in a music store at the same time, they probably still wouldn't talk to each other.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

The best part is how diverse the group is. I mean, even if you take the physical distance away, it's probably safe to say that if you got a random sampling of this forum together in a music store at the same time, they probably still wouldn't talk to each other.

You wouldn't be looking over my shoulder at the Bay City Rollers box sets?

• Members
Originally posted by zhivago

indeed! we have loads of fun in London...

at to this list:

Cutterbuck

Delorian/Ian87

Alerieb

BenScully

:cool:

w00t!

Thelonius and Weatherbox too, no??

me and Charmless are actually threatening to actually start a band.

and there were all the NYC/NJ guys.

and i've been meaning to throw an analagous Bay Area shindig at my place, mebbe.

Archived