Is there any difference between the Red and Blue Andromedas?

Awake77

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Go on Awake77. DOOOOOOOO IT!!!!!

:D I've pretty much decided on it, talked it over with my fiancee last night. She didnt even expect me to sell the other synths! What a girl:) I dont want to go into debt though - I have enough stuff I can move out where I should just break even if I can score a used Andy for ~$1500.

• Members

Ive got it up on Ebay with a $250 BIN. Kinda high I know but its always worth dangling that hook.:) VZ10m's routinely sell for ~$200. Crazy kids:) Remember its got that cracked endpiece...although I glued it back together and its pretty solid, they should definitely be replaced. Synth is in fine shape otherwise.

• Members
Originally posted by Awake77

:D
I've pretty much decided on it, talked it over with my fiancee last night. She didnt even expect me to sell the other synths! What a girl:) I dont want to go into debt though - I have enough stuff I can move out where I should just break even if I can score a used Andy for ~$1500.

shame you live in the US. I would be quite interested in the DW8000.

• Members

Depending on what I can find the Andy for/how much cash I have, I may keep either the DW8000 or the AX80. I love 'em both, but I cant think of something they can do that the Adromeda/Z1/K5K couldnt do better.

• Members

Yeah, I love the filter on the AX-80 too, I believe it uses the same chips as the Prophet 600/T8, etc. DW was my first synth and there's definitely some sentimental attachment there, and it does sound great.

But compared to a 16 voice VCO analog monster with a modulation matrix the size of a small planet and audio ins...I think I could let 'em both go and not be too sad.

With the Z1/K5000S/Andromeda Ill be learning the ins and outs of those boards for years to come...maybe I can link them all together and travel through time or something:)

• Members

Sell the DW, keep the AX :thu: I have the VX90 and sold the EX8000 (rack of the DW). Both were cool, but the VX90 is special, and can really make an impact. I'm amazed these things aren't used by more.

Your idea of those 3 would be a killer setup. Actually in my mind, a killer setup. A Poly analog, the best Additive synth, and one of the funkiest VA/PM machines around. Talk about covering your bases. Just do it and wait to get a JD later when you get the funds.

IMO the Andy sometimes has a VA-ness in it's sound, ever so slightly. Disregard this.

Just do it. Oga Oga :eek::D;):wave::cool::thu:

• Members

Sell the DW, keep the AX I have the VX90 and sold the EX8000 (rack of the DW). Both were cool, but the VX90 is special, and can really make an impact. I'm amazed these things aren't used by more.

Good advice there stickygum, thanks. I was playing around with the JD,AX,and DW last night deciding if I *really* could part with them...I admit the AX-80 has a special place in my heart:) Its so fat and nasty...will probably go well with the Andy with its quasi-prophet filter section and down and dirty tones. They're also increasingly hard to find, and mine's near mint so its definitely staying.

While we're talking about this fine instrument:

AX-80 + assorted VST's

AX-80 Jungle

And of course NightSynth's Extensive Demo...check out his Jump patch at 5:24!

AX-80 Demo by NightSynth

These have all been posted here before, but not all in one place;)

Your idea of those 3 would be a killer setup. Actually in my mind, a killer setup. A Poly analog, the best Additive synth, and one of the funkiest VA/PM machines around. Talk about covering your bases. Just do it and wait to get a JD later when you get the funds.

Yeah, the JD-800 is a really cool synth no doubt. I may actually hold on to the String Ensemble card for later, unless of course I can sell it on Ebay for $310. lol.

This thread is still around? What part of "GET THE ANDY" do you not understand!?

Oh Im gonna get it, Im lurking on Ebay as we speak...like a puma in a synth jungle, hunting the mighty Andromeda:D

• Members

Originally posted by Sinner6

Another major difference that has not been mentioned:

Certain colorblind individuals CANNOT SEE the blue Andy. You have been warned.

Is this a joke? I ask because I am partially colorblind and may well pick up an Andy one of these years.

Archived