Is there any difference between the Red and Blue Andromedas?

Awake77

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sativa. Indica is the one without the seeds.

DB, sensimilla the term that refers to musard without seeds. Sativa and Indica are two different classes of mustard, each their own distinctive tastes and qualities. :D

I think we can all agree that no matter type of mustard, organic mustard is the best there is. And from what I can tell, the Andromeda is definitely full of delicious organic mustard.:thu:

• Members

Well, if you like the red edition, you still got a chance.

Any Andy users have any comments on my thoughts 4 posts back? I really feel the Andy sounds sheeny and mechanical (that might be because of the sequencer) as opposed to fluid.

Gonna pass on the red...I like the blue color better and the red Andy's always go for more $$$ because of their 'rare' status.

From the demos Ive heard (and maybe we've heard the same ones), the Andromeda sounds anything but mechanical. Compared to an old Jupiter or Oberheim, the gushing warmth on every patch isnt there initially, but from reviews Ive read (and some of the demos Ive heard), its there if you want it to be.

Check out the 'Foundation' song on the HC demos sticky up at the top, in the A6 section. That pad gave me chills, and that's actually the tune that got me interested in the Andromeda.

I think the Andromeda sounds a lot different than the classic analogs, I see that as a plus especially considering its modern features and enourmous flexability. In time, no doubt it will be just as coveted.

Another point...its so hard to get a real feel for a synth reading reviews and listening to MP3 demos. Of course its better than nothing...but until its there in front of you its awfully tough to tell what it can do, and if that particular instrument is right for you.

Something to be said for buying low/selling high on Ebay...if you have the extra $$ to play with its a good way to make a quick buck while checking out instruments that you otherwise would never get to.

Of course, real easy to get a room full of synths you cant bear to part with too!:D

• Members

Originally posted by Awake77

DB, sensimilla the term that refers to musard without seeds. Sativa and Indica are two different classes of mustard, each their own distinctive tastes and qualities.
:D

Fully understood. I was just playin' a bit... ;)

Besides, how often to you see Indie with seeds? Somebody has to get reeeeal careless...

dB

• Members

Originally posted by Awake77

Of course, real easy to get a room full of synths you cant bear to part with too!
:D

:D I've tried that, in a sense, well actually I just started accumulating synths and before long I was bewildered how I would get to all those synths. I learned my lesson once. Sure it's nice to have them but not really :D

Best way to do it is to buy and sell before getting another synth or set a limit of total synths in your room at one time.

The A6 is a very nice synth and deep and versatile. There's a lot of adj. for it actually, but once I hear something like a SE Omega I feel the sonic spectrum lacks the Omega warm gooey oomph. But it's all like you said, synths have to be tried out before any real judgement can take place. I think a preamp might really pick up some of the Andy digital side. The foundation demo is sweet though. Is it just me or does anyone else really like the bells on this thing?

Don't it suck, we're forced to pick one or a couple good synths. :p

And I believe that the Aurora was only a one off mod. That's ok thought, because the keyboard Andy is 'Dead Sexzy' (he says in a Fat Bastard tone).

• Members

Stickygum - I bet a nice valve EQ would go a long way toward making the Andy sound more 'classic' if that's what's desired. It seems that its definitely possible to get those sounds out of it though, once you get into it.

Ive always been interested in a Jup6 or an MKS-80 too, but defiitely the Andromeda first.

On another note...I this morning I went outside to pack my car for the ride home, and my passenger side window was smashed and my Alpine 9833 headunit was stolen. Has to come out of the Andy fund too....Foosa!! Might be selling you that JD800 sooner than I thought :D

• Members

Yeah, freakin' punks. Just got the window fixed and picked up a JVC for the ride home. On Ebay scoping out Alpine 9835's :)

JD800's sell between $400 - $700 on Ebay. Average is probably around $550 or so.

• Members

They've been crazy high lately, all in the 700's I think. I remember the one I had before, I got it for $450....and once saw one go for $350 :eek:

If you gonna sells it, then I's gotta sells some o' mine too. Doesn't matter for me, I could buy it before or after getting money from other things, but I would rather do it after. It's up to you on when you need the cash though.

That sucks that things come out of the Andy fund. The Andy fund should take from other things. :evil:

• Members

Don't worry about it Fossa Ill be holding onto the JD for a bit...the robbery endedup costing me less than I thought...$164 for a new window and I can replace my stereo for ~$200, so could be worse. No Andromedas on Ebay right now so the Andy fund is safe till next payday:)

When Im ready to sell the JD Ill drop you a line. If you're interested cool, if not on Ebay she goes:)

BTW - did anyone see that Red Andromeda sell for $2550? Maybe I can sell a can of red spraypaint to a blue Andromeda owner for $700 to help build up some funds:P

Mezza

• Members

Well thats still a good out-of-pocket hit but you're right, it's not that bad considering the damages.

Whatever happens, you neeeeedddsss Andromeda. Even if you never turn it on...just look at it. :eek::love:

Foosa has put moneys in the desk. Moneys not get touched until Foosa gets shot with a JD-800 line.

Hopefully Foosa lives to recover from being shot. :eek:

Hopefully Foosa doesn't buy an SH-201 first. RESTRAIN YOURSELF, STRANGE BEAVER/CAT MAN.

• Members

Yeah, that was one of those freak things where people go googoo over rare 'colors' :rolleyes: of a synth. That's like the SH101s. Silly stuff. Let's see... pay 1500 for a regular blue one or 1000 more for a red one...Hmmm... still can't make up my mind here.... I might have to get back to you guys on that :rolleyes::p

Archived