Is there any difference between the Red and Blue Andromedas?

Awake77

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL ok...:)

Do you agree with this statement Pighood:

The Alesis Andromeda A6 sounds a bit chilly, and it's not the most organic-sounding instrument. During the review process, I compared it with a Memorymoog, a Prophet-5, and a Voyetra Eight, and the Andromeda A6 definitely lacked the warmth of those older machines. Certainly, the Andromeda isn't wanting for clarity or punch, and it does have impressive bottom- and top-end

• Members

It's all subjective.

BRAAAAAAAAAAMP. Now THAT'S organic.

I bought the Andromeda NOT to cover the territory of any other vintage synth, but because of the glorious silly noises wot spill forth from the output jacks. So there.

• Members

You know you wanna join in MyTeeGT...dont be shy:D

I bought the Andromeda NOT to cover the territory of any other vintage synth, but because of the glorious silly noises wot spill forth from the output jacks. So there.

Good point...

• Members

If you liked that OB-8 YYZ demo someone posted a few weeks ago I attempted to duplicate that sound on the A6 and came real close IMO. It does sound extremely warm if you work it. That does comes easier on the older synths like the Memmoog. But the A6 is capable of so much more. I believe it will be the most sought after keyboard some time after they stop making them. I might pick up a second one at some point for a spare.

• Members
Originally posted by Markyboard ................................. But the A6 is capable of so much more. I believe it will be the most sought after keyboard some time after they stop making them. I might pick up a second one at some point for a spare......QUOTE]

I've been thinking of that too. Nothing else like it really. :cool:

Awake - did you get that bid in yet?

If not, maybe you should get a new one?
What if you get an ebay one, open it up, and find cat {censored} in it?:D

• Members
Originally posted by alfadawg01

Billy, how do you reach the A6 without falling on the other 3?

Dang, I need to get a new photo, those were just sitting there while the new paint dried....

But with MIDI - I could play them all from the other room if I really wanted... :freak:

• Members

Awake - did you get that bid in yet?

If not, maybe you should get a new one?

What if you get an ebay one, open it up, and find cat {censored} in it?

Dont scare me like that Mildbill!! Used Andy's are about 1/2 the price of a new one...Id have to sell the Z1 and the K5K if I were going to go new, dont want to do that.

Paypal + Credit Card are pretty good protection against BS scams.

• Members

I've had pretty good luck with stuff I've gotten off ebay, but I've heard a few horror stories.

I always buy new if something is still in production, but
once they're gone you've got no choice but to buy used, and the selection is always going to be better on ebay than it is locally.

Your idea of the Z1, K5000, and an A6 sounds like a mighty fine setup. I like to keep a good rompler around tho.

• Members

Well I do have my Yamaha MU100R too, which is currently in for repairs. That's a nice little rompler (actually its got a pretty huge soundset), has the PLG-VL and PLG-VH cards built in. I may swap that VH card for the AN150 card though - just found out I could do that;)

I was also thinking of picking up a good soft-rompler like Dimenson Pro, or keeping my idea of getting a JD990.

The past couple months have been something of a time for discovery for me, Ive just got into hardware synths and I love it - but realize I'd rather have a few complex, great sounding boards that I can spend time learning extensively rather than a myriad of synths that Ill never use to their full capabilities.

Archived