I challange RoboPimp to a musical duel

jrak

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Kriegsemann

If you agree that putting music up against each other is dumb, why the hell are you doing it?

The reason it can be called dumb is because my opinions and feelings on something may be different then another persons

however I am able to decipher for myself whether or not I like something

and this way I'm competing at this dumb bitch's level

not all of us can be smart

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

No, I'm gonna back away slowly from this one...

I was really hoping he was around ten, which would explain his writing style, and, well, his clips. But I don't want any of this now. Have at him yourselves.

what the {censored} is with you losers?

don't you have lives

this is why I stopped posting on this forum

I just can't ignore how much many of you suck, get a {censored}ing life dude

and please do post some of your music

• Members

1. Don't see why it would matter. If you like his music are you going to change your music?

2. Like I said, not sure if you remember when you used to hang out here more often, but I do, and my impression was that you acted like a dickhole. I don't hold it against you now, because you've been somewhat mellow to this point. Just saying you used to insult people all the time, particularly me, simply because you felt like it, or I guess because you didn't want OT threads. Like this one.

3. Pretty sure he hates FL also, his music isn't anything like them. There is taste, of course. But, I mean, I don't really like bluegrass, but you have to give props where props are due. Some of those guys {censored}ing rule a banjo.

4. ok.

5. The way I see it, if a person truly had confidence, they wouldn't feel the need to compete in a competition that wasn't really a competition and offered nothing to gain.

I wish your clips weren't on Yahoo. It's slow as hell. I just can't sit for 20 minutes to download a 3 meg clip. You should look in to soundclick or yousendit or something like that.

Originally posted by jrak

there is no criteria for winning I just want to hear his playing so I can know wheather I've been insulted by somebody whose music I respect or whose music I do not respect

I think he enjoys winding people up because he knows deep down he's a piece of {censored}, but he's a pimp right?! how cool is that a pimp. what a loser

I whould like to hear it for myself as I think we have different tastes ( for one I {censored}ing HATE the Flaming Lips)

You right it is not technically a duel.

I will be honest if I like his music I'll say so.

If he had self confidence or a pair balls he would "compete"

I agree

• Members

don't you have lives

Yeah. That's what I mean.

Plenty of folks on the forum know my stuff. I'm not going to post it in this thread. You'll say you don't like it and curse a lot.

• Members

The reason it can be called dumb is because my opinions and feelings on something may be different then another persons

however I am able to decipher for myself whether or not I like something or

and this way I competing at this dumb bitch's

not all of us can be smart

Yeah, and the longer you keep typing, the more you prove it to be so.

You are pissed about something Robo apperantly said, so why don'y you challenge him about what he said. Instead of some stupid internent Ralf Machio/Steve Vai scene from "Crossroads".

• Members

don't you have lives

dude, gbm is a classically trained musician, multi-instrumentalist, and is close to finishing writing a textbook on Jazz. He's in a totally different league than most people here, including me for sure and you if your clips are any indication. If you stopped being pissed and looked around, you'd see there are some ridiculously talented people here. Any one of us could learn a lot from this place. A hell of a lot more than effects minutiae. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of the people who visit are humble enough to realize this.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

1. Don't see why it would matter. If you like his music are you going to change your music?

no, but it would be differnt if I felt he was good and he insulted me then if I thought he sucked

2. Like I said, not sure if you remember when you used to hang out here more often, but I do, and my impression was that you acted like a dickhole. I don't hold it against you now, because you've been somewhat mellow to this point. Just saying you used to insult people all the time, particularly me, simply because you felt like it, or I guess because you didn't want OT threads. Like this one.

I was mainly a dickhole to you sorry. But I think I was pissed off when you attacked my 4/20 thread and you were posting quite a bit of off topic ( way off topic, like quarter hourly updates about what you happened to be chewing at the moment) but your point about this being off topic is taken,

tu shay ( I have no idea how to spell that)

3. Pretty sure he hates FL also, his music isn't anything like them. There is taste, of course. But, I mean, I don't really like bluegrass, but you have to give props where props are due. Some of those guys {censored}ing rule a banjo.

Yeah I'll give him credit if he's due it

5. The way I see it, if a person truly had confidence, they wouldn't feel the need to compete in a competition that wasn't really a competition and offered nothing to gain.

Are you Dr.Phil? Yeah your probably right but nobody should be that confident ( at least nobody who has to refer to himself as a RoboPimp on a internet forum)

I wish your clips weren't on Yahoo. It's slow as hell. I just can't sit for 20 minutes to download a 3 meg clip. You should look in to soundclick or yousendit or something like that.

abacadabra

you wish has been granted

I put two clips up on soundclick earlier

let me know what you think and if you would also call me "talentless"

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

dude, gbm is a classically trained musician, multi-instrumentalist, and is close to finishing writing a textbook on Jazz. He's in a totally different league than most people here, including me for sure and you if your clips are any indication. If you stopped being pissed and looked around, you'd see there are some ridiculously talented people here. Any one of us could learn a lot from this place. A hell of a lot more than effects minutiae. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of the people who visit are humble enough to realize this.

ready for this one......

for the most part I really dislike Jazz

really, it offends me, I can't even help it I just get irritated listening to it

( no balls, just diddly do crap,)

I was schooled on the blues, when I hear jazz it seems like there no feeling, no point, to what the artist is communicating,

I even get turned off from a lot of so called rock music (Jam bands, the Dead, funk etc )because it's too jazzy for me so I probably would not like gbm's stuff even if he is a classically trained musician

If he's really accomplished I can recognize him as talented perhaps but not like what I'm hearing

or maybe I'd actually like it

but he won't post his stuff so it's all hearsay

• Members

you wish has been granted

I put two clips up on soundclick earlier

let me know what you think and if you would also call me "talentless"

I'm not going to call you talentless in any case, or insult your clips because I don't know how close you feel to them, but they are not the sort of thing I listen to.

I think it would be greatly improved without the drumming. I mean, the drumming is sort of laughable. I can't drum either, so as a result of that, the stuff I record either has no drumming, or I use drum loops.

If you want honesty, I think it sounds like like an attempt at My Bloody Valentine with a 5 year old drummer.

As contrast, I think Jaymeister's clip shows a high degree of skill. Not a genre I enjoy, but I can hear it and say "That guy is a good guitar player". Similar to my bluegrass analogy above. Whereas your music is sort of steeped in whatever genre it is, so it's more of a sound thing.

So, what I'm saying is if you like listening to slow arpeggios with fuzz, then your stuff is great (aside from the drumming, seriously). But when I listen to slow arpeggios with fuzz, I don't feel like that's a display of talent, so much as an indulgence in style, if that makes any sense. Surely your playing isn't limited to slow arpeggios, so it's not a display of your talent. It's more a statement of your particular taste in music.

Also, the name "Medieval Sorcerer" is really asking to be made fun of. I like Medieval Sorcerers too, I think they {censored}ing rule, but you can't name anything that unless you're trying to be funny.

So there's my opinion.

If you're going to challenge me to any duels, you can hear a couple of clips of me messing around here and here

• Members

ready for this one......

for the most part I really dislike Jazz

really, it offends me, I can't even help it I just get irritated listening to it

( no balls, just diddly do crap,)

I was schooled on the blues, when I hear jazz it seems like there no feeling, no point, to what the artist is communicating,

I even get turned off from a lot of so called rock music (Jam bands, the Dead, funk etc )because it's too jazzy for me so I probably would not like gbm's stuff even if he is a classically trained musician

If he's really accomplished I can recognize him as talented perhaps but not like what I'm hearing

or maybe I'd actually like it

but he won't post his stuff so it's all hearsay

I forgot to mention he isn't limited to just jazz. And has been in everal pretty good rock bands.

I don't like jazz either, but I can't write any entire genre off.

• Members

Originally posted by mst3k

If you did not want "opinions" then you should not have started this thread.

Well, technically, it was the other thread where he solicitred opinions. We just all moved in here because we like conflict.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Boy, that was a shock.

I hadn't listened to the Sickers for a while. Did you do any vocals?

What I think about most when hearing that stuff is that somehow, you were surrounded by pop guys and made them NOT pop. That's why you're my FIRST choice as extra guy (well, you and Thelonius, but he has a job, a wife, and a baby on the way) and SECOND choice as bassist once Ben and my pop masterpiece is done (we have scratch tracks for most of it down...there's only a tune or two that i need to finish lyrics/arrangements on...); you would totally throw the arrangements around and make them fun. (the #1 dream bassist I'd pick is this guy who's the dreamy #1 gay REPUBLICAN lobbyist in washington right now...the guy who convinced me to sing, who made me realize that my powerpop and britpop tendencies were okay...)

• Members

sorry man but your songs {censored}ing suck and you need a new fuzz pedal or something. quit doing that one bend ahhhh. and wtf is with the name medieval sorcerers???!?!?!? maybe someday you can get on harry potter soundtrack:psychadelic version too!

insulting other people doesn't exactly beg for a nice response

bitch

Archived