All About POD

fuzzball

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi I recently got a podxt live and have found that I either don't like the way it sounds or am not good at creating tones. I was wondering if you could help me save some time and answers a couple question for me

------first, What is the best way to use the podxt live......through a amp, direct to the PA or is some other way the best

-------Second, I was wondering if the tones on Custometone.com are the best the podxt has to offer. I really hope they aren't since i wanted the podxt to be a purchase that would give me a good quality sound without spending thousands of dollars.

Thanks for your time

• Members

Originally posted by W.Kyle.C

------first, What is the best way to use the podxt live......through a amp, direct to the PA or is some other way the best

Thanks for your time

Live, when on stage, direct to a PA works very good. That is the main purpose of a POD in my opinion, to give a natural sound directly into a mixing console and/or PA.

Of course you need a decent monitor or indeed your own amplifier to hear yourself on stage.

In my band we use In Ear Monitors and that sounds very good as well.

• Members

If you can't do that try a amp with a pre amp input. That works much better for me than the effect loop or direct into an amp. Also tweek the cab modles, output type, and level don't be afraid to try different things. I have found the best results (for my system) to be set to direct through the pre amp in on my amp.

I also do not care for the preset patches mutch, I like to tweek and download others (and tweak them to my system). Not every system is the same so you will have to change settings to fit your gear.

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzball

I also do not care for the preset patches mutch, I like to tweek and download others (and tweak them to my system). Not every system is the same so you will have to change settings to fit your gear.

That is very true. I've never come across any preset that suited my guitar and/or amp immediately. They're only useful as a kind of preview so that you get an idea of what kind of sounds are possible on a piece of equipment.

• Members

thanks for the advice......i don't think my amp has a pre-amp in though......i'm not sure i've seen one on an amp before......I i have had some experience with multi-effects type things before and i have found that the presets are normally horrible.....i was hoping the tones on customtone.com would be good but i haven't found anything that i think sounds good through my headphones for rythm type sounds on there either, a few good lead tones but that's it....i'll try playing with the cab models more

• Members

Hey, I will be getting an XTL within the next week, and I was wondering, considering people said that the best sounds they made were from scratch, if anyone has a good tone they've made on the Treadplate amp model. I love Mesa amps and I've played through the XTL and was very impressed. So does anyone have any details on some sweet sounds they made through the Treadplate amp model? Thanks

• Members
Originally posted by DJLantz444

No comments on my clip?
:(

Total time to download clip on my dial up 10 min.:(

I hate dial up.

What part was the pod used on? (lead, rhythm, both).

I thought it sounded great!
WHat was the patch you used?

I have decided to get all 3 model packs with my tax return, I just cant help myself!

Archived