Stolen gear Alert Georgia/Alabama Sticky Please

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you have any more info about the guy in Raleigh selling some stuff let me know. Also I really think this was someone that knew you had this stuff. I highly doubt anyone would take the time to lift all that stuff in broad daylight if they just stumbled across it. Those kinds of thefts people grab a piece or two and book it.

• Members

Keith,

Hey, it's Donovan. As promised, I just started a thread over at kvr-audio.com and let them know the situation. There's a fairly large amount of people there, many guitar-oriented artists, so maybe it'll help out. I linked to this thread, and here's a link to the one I started so you can monitor it as well:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1800975#1800975

Good luck man, I hope you get every single piece back. When you find the people who did this, lemme know so we can get a Lynching Party together..I love dispensing some Bad Karma..

:D

Cheers,
D

• Members

Best of Luck, Keith. I feel helpless and most angry at the same time. Nothing but the best for you my friend. I hope they sleep well now. There will be a day that they are not as comfortable.

:mad: x Keith's anger= F**kin' Unhappy!

• Members

If you watched the auctions, which I hope you would have, you ought to get the user names of the winning bidders and email every last one of them trying to get info on who the funds were made payable to. Then it's all about stolen property being recollected. Though that sounds optimistic, if the auctioner gets harassed by the authorities he/she may spit out the name of who gave it to them. Sorry if this is something you thought of already, I'm not trying to condescend.

• Members

Man, it's awesome that you might be getting your hands on at least part of it back. Hopefully it will lead to tracking down the rest of your stuff, and hopefully the authorities and eBay will be helpful, although eBay isn't known for being helpful very often. Being that eBay is "just the selling venue, but not the selling party" they usually try to stay out of everything like this that they can.

• Members

I found the original box and papers for my RMC FK-1 It was hand signed by GT #35

The Gibson CS336 S#CS41561 Vintage Sunburst Plain Top(still has tag hanging off case handle) was shipped from Gibson Factory 6/11/04

Both these items along with an sd-1(modded by analogman but not mentioned in auction I purchased it),Octaver,Psm5,BF-2 and TS-9(modded by analogman 4/04 not mentioned in auction) were recently sold on ebay,

If you purchased them Please contact me..Thanks,Keith

PS Yes they were sold after I told him they were stolen from me.

Help me get my Tools back

• Members

Originally posted by phishmarisol

If you have any more info about the guy in Raleigh selling some stuff let me know. Also I really think this was someone that knew you had this stuff. I highly doubt anyone would take the time to lift all that stuff in broad daylight if they just stumbled across it. Those kinds of thefts people grab a piece or two and book it.

But they sure did leave a lot of stuff behind................I still think it was a drug related burgulary and they just ran out of time......what do you think?

Have you gone to the Pawn Shops yet??

• Members

Hi Guys. I am getting a Ton of professional help with my situation,as well as several really great forum members..This whole thing can be a bit overwhelming.Believe me when I say this..I have to take a break every few days just to keep my head clear and take care of my Son and my Life..Do I think I will ever see any of my Gear that was stolen again? I doubt it.

Do I think the people that took the gear from me will go to Prison and get their ass reamed daily by Bubba and Leroy? I know they will.

.When everything is in place will I turn over the names of the folks that sold my gear on ebay and God knows where else to the Forum? Damn Straight..

I will tell you this.There are a couple of folks that bought some of my stuff that are working with me to help put these guys behind bars.These people are total strangers,but they are my Brothers because they are real Musicians..I will keep you posted.So much I want to say but really can't after all Crooks read these posts too...Your support here has been way above and beyond so thank you for that..Keith

• Members

Methinks you're going to make it! :thu:

Well maybe not all gear will be found, but with this effort and support from shops and people, I think these burglars are going to have a hard time reselling what they stole.

However, they may be quite professional thieves... they must have known that you had this stuff stored in your room, and it must have taken a truck or at least a van to carry it away. It sounds like they were very well prepared for this :mad: This makes me somewhat afraid, because if they were professionals they probably had a solid plan about what to do next.

On the bright side, some of the gear has already been sold... I think in that case it's impossible not to find out who sold it! It should be a piece of cake for the police to get names from ebay records (e.g. those who bought the items must have paid for it right? and probably they paid to someone's bank account), and then make a visit to the guy...

Good luck! :)

• Members

OK.So I have not heard anything in regards to getting my gear back I located or being able to speak to the guy that sold them.

I am frustrated..I am going to think about it today and will probably go ahead and post his name location and the ebayer that sold the stolen gear..

I don't think he can sue me after all I actually bought one of the pedals.Lawyers???

I cleaned up this thread a bit trying to make it shorter.I emailed the DA of North Carolina yesterday and hope to get a reply from him in regards to what I can do in is state..

Would you believe the last thing I heard was that the Police were probably not going to arrest the guy that sold my gear to the pawn shop because the only proof of a stolen item I had was the single pedal??

Criminals have it made in the states.. Keith

• Members

Man, I think you need to place a call to the DA today as a follow up to your email. Tell him that you know he has to be crazy busy, but that you need his help because you are out of state and you don't know where to start because of this. Heck, I'd ask him if he can personally help you or put a specific person on it to help you out because of the circumstances. Ask him if you can fax him all the information you have on this, serial numbers on your stuff, the complete list, the info about the eBay guy selling your stuff, basically everything you have and can think of about this. There are rules pawn shops have to follow, and I don't know if their list of hot items is nationwide, but I know that it IS statewide here in Illinois. Any item that's new that comes into a pawn shop here has to be catalogged to the police list and the shops have to wait a certain number of days before they can sell it. If you can prove to the DA that you have a police report on file and can show it to him, along with any pertinent serial numbers you have, you ought to have some sort of a case. You would certainly have a case here.

Man I hope you get your stuff back, this sucks very much.

• Members

Originally posted by Jon Hiller

Man, I think you need to place a call to the DA today as a follow up to your email. Tell him that you know he has to be crazy busy, but that you need his help because you are out of state and you don't know where to start because of this. Heck, I'd ask him if he can personally help you or put a specific person on it to help you out because of the circumstances. Ask him if you can fax him all the information you have on this, serial numbers on your stuff, the complete list, the info about the eBay guy selling your stuff, basically everything you have and can think of about this. There are rules pawn shops have to follow, and I don't know if their list of hot items is nationwide, but I know that it IS statewide here in Illinois. Any item that's new that comes into a pawn shop here has to be catalogged to the police list and the shops have to wait a certain number of days before they can sell it. If you can prove to the DA that you have a police report on file and can show it to him, along with any pertinent serial numbers you have, you ought to have some sort of a case. You would certainly have a case here.

Man I hope you get your stuff back, this sucks very much.

This is GREAT advice.............GET ON IT......and PM me PLEASE?

Archived