Stolen gear Alert Georgia/Alabama Sticky Please

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

So you DID go to the Pawn shops? I told you that you would find a piece or two! Now is when you have to start giving the police a hard time..........stay on top of the DA...that's your best bet. But now YOU have to make a lot of noise so the DA and the Police will do their friggin jobs. I had the exact same problem in Florida. Go to the newspapers next and see if the editor will print a column on the progress of the DA and police and tell them that the DA and Police are trying to sweep it all under the rug.........that's what I did.....unfortunately it was too late..........too much time had passed by for me.........DON'T let it happen to you.....STAY ON TOP OF IT RIGHT NOW.

You have the right to press charges no matter how small the item you found...the problem is that they want to go after major felonies (Grand theft across state lines), so finding some more stuff will help a lot too.

Why don't you PM me and get me up to speed on this so I can help you out???

I think it should be clear that Keith found his pedals on eBay being sold by an out of state pawn shop, not a local shop.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by MountainDew

I think it should be clear that Keith found his pedals on eBay being sold by an out of state pawn shop, not a local shop.

I didn't see where he said it was out of town, I will go back and look. Thanks.........

I am here to help him out because I have already been through this, so we will find everything possible, trust me.

• Members

Originally posted by DJLantz444

That is a pretty large prison sentence I'd say... Breaking and Entering, and then the value of the things they took, and whatever else they could've done.

The most important thing is that you get your stuff back. I can't imagine collecting all of that gear and then having it disappear like that...

Best of luck.

I can..............and it sucks. I am stillnot over mine being stolen, and that was in 1982...............we'll find your stuff.......

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

Get that ass, I would think that is mail fraud at the least. Torch their butt. F**kem' !
:mad:

You have him for interstate trafficing of stolen goods, grande theft, theft over $500, and a few more charges because of it being out of state.

• Members

The Guy that sold my stolen pedals and my Gibson CS-336 and one of my Tele's name is James Blevin.He is from the Raleigh Durham NC. area.He was born 10/79..I assume he has connections in Columbus ga./Phenix City ala. area..

The guy he sold the gear to has a pawn shop in Durham.His name is Chuck Wagoner.His ebay name is Carolinapawntrader...He also has 7 or 8 other Pawn Shops in the area.

I notified Chuck about the stolen goods before the auctions for the pedals ended.( Item #'s 7404577521,7404579728,7404586389,7404581360,7404584833)I sent pictures,and discriptions.His reply was contact Durham PD...I went ahead and bought one of the pedals off ebay(Item # 7404583102).When the pedal arrived UPS and I opened the box and removed the Boss SD-1.Analogman was almost wiped off the unit,but myname and a personal message from Mike Piera was still written inside the pedal. At this point I called Chuck and told him.I begged him to please tell the police and to please not ship the other pedals or the Gibson guitar auction(7404879551) that was going to be ending..Well he showed no remorse or concern(I am 500+ miles away).

Guess what?? When the police finally got there all the items were gone.(Pawnshops and NC.laws really suck).

I spoke to two of the fellas that bought my pedals and they were cool about it and made an id for me..The guy that bought the guitar gave no reply.The same goes for my Ts-9 and BF-2 and OC-2..

AS of today James Blevin has not been arrested or questioned..And the onlygear I have recovered is the Boss sd-1 I purchased..Carolinapawntrader didn't even make an offer to refund my money.He made no offer to me to have the stolen items returned to him and refund his buyers..

If you live in North Carolina you need to write your State DA and Congressman and have them change the laws for pawnshops.If this would have happened n georgia I would have got all those items backno problem..

• Members

we should all buy stuff from that pawn shop and then post negative feedback and get him kicked off ebay.

Or at least ask him a question through ebay and let him know that there are many, many of us who know how he does business, and that he really ought to make this right for Keith.

This guy's business practice is ridiculous, although he may not have known the stuff was stolen when he bought it, but still. He could at least do SOMETHING to help make this right, instead of ignore Keith's asking for help.

Maybe if enough of us question him, he might see the picture as bigger than he thought it was. He already has two negative feedbacks because of this. If enough were to purchase items from him and then post negative feedback against him stating he knowingly sold stolen items it could hurt his online business, big time.

Keith, maybe it is time you take out a large display ad in the local newspaper stating just exactly what has happened with this shop, give all the information, the ebay item numbers, all of it. Make it very, very public. If the police and this guy are no help, then maybe the public will be, or at least they can make the pawn guy wish he had been helpful. Just don't state anything that isn't true.

• Members

Keith,

Those guys who bought the stolen things on EBAY dont want to lose their $$. Tell them I will paypal them what they paid, plus $25 for their trouble and shipping if they will return the goods to you, so you can use them as proof of theft. Tell them they can email me direct to confirm this.

• Members

Originally posted by analogmike

Keith,

Those guys who bought the stolen things on EBAY dont want to lose their $$. Tell them I will paypal them what they paid, plus $25 for their trouble and shipping if they will return the goods to you, so you can use them as proof of theft. Tell them they can email me direct to confirm this.

Hi Mike.Man I wrote all the winners and asked them to send the pedals back to the carolinapawntrader for a refund because they were stolen.Told the ts-9 guy to look inside the pedal for your message and my name.Only two offered to help,the fk-1 guy and the psm5 guy. the others never even told me no or fuk off nothing..

I told them it wasn't about the pedals it was about evidence and the other 30k plus items.I told the guy with the cs336 I was sitting here holding the original C.O.A. from the Gibson custom shop on the guitar.Told him what was in the case,sent a close up pic and told him what was hand written on the tag attached to the case..I think he is willing to take his chances.he lives in New York State.He never wrote back..Your offer is above and beyond the call of duty..I am overwhelemed by your caring.But not suprised one bit.You sir have always been Good people to me.I just can't see you forking out funds on my behalf. I'm glad CD isn't around today.he would have killed someone already.R.I.P. CD 4/26/02

• Members

Here's all the pawn guy's info -

E-mail: pawntrader@nc.rr.com

eBay store link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZcarolinapawntrader

4 stores in Durham, NC:

Pat's Pawn
1715 Holloway St.
Durham, NC 2770
Phone: 919-683-1240

J & S Pawn
2209 N. Roxboro Rd.
Durham, NC 27704
Phone: 919-220-4164

J & R Pawn
918 N. Miami Blvd.
Durham, NC 27703
Phone: 919-688-4361

Carolina Jewelry & Pawn (#2)
1618 S. Miami Blvd.
Durham, NC 27703
Phone: 919-598-0707

Sic 'em, boys! :evil:

• Members
Originally posted by Non-Digital Tom

Here's all the pawn guy's info -

E-mail: pawntrader@nc.rr.com

eBay store link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZcarolinapawntrader

4 stores in Durham, NC:

Pat's Pawn

1715 Holloway St.

Durham, NC 2770

Phone: 919-683-1240

J & S Pawn

2209 N. Roxboro Rd.

Durham, NC 27704

Phone: 919-220-4164

J & R Pawn

918 N. Miami Blvd.

Durham, NC 27703

Phone: 919-688-4361

Carolina Jewelry & Pawn (#2)

1618 S. Miami Blvd.

Durham, NC 27703

Phone: 919-598-0707

Sic 'em, boys! :evil:[/quote

:love::wave:

• Members

You know what is so not funny??

Carolinapawntrader posted on ebay that I was a scammer and had no proof gear was stolen..I wonder what part of I bought one of the pedals,he shipped it to me,ups opened the box,I took out the pedal,I unscrewed the bottom plate,Ups took a picture of my name and analogmans name and the date written inside my stolen pedal...

I wonder.Can I take this guy to court since i live in Columbus ga,and he is in Durham? Does anyone know a lawyer in Durham that might want to look into this??

I wish the guy that bought the TS-9 would come forward.He didn't even leave feedback for the auction..I know the ts-9 has the same sig in it.I am starting to think the ts-9 bid was a shill bid fabricated by carolina pawn.Item was listed as ts-9 original with no mention of analogman same as my sd-1 that I purchased.We all know what the analogman name adds to the value of a pedal.TS-9 went for $100.High for a stock pedal don't you agree? My tech had bid $99 on it..Maybe Carolinapawntrader bid on it to keep it from getting back n my hands..I just wish the ts-9 guy would write me and leave negative feedback for his auction as well.

• Members

Keith,

I talked to my sister and her husband, both of whom are attorneys. First they say you have great grounds for a law suit against these two parties.

You need to contact both your area Congressman and the Congressman over the Durham NC. area. Urge them to pressure the Federal Prosecutors in their respected areas to look into this case under Internet Fraud.

Contact your local television consumer watchdog reporter and have them work with their counterpart in the Durham area to expose this case.

If you have anymore questions pm me. You need to file suit on this guy quickly.

Skip

• Members

Keith,

I talked to my sister and her husband, both of whom are attorneys. First they say you have great grounds for a law suit against these two parties.

You need to contact both your area Congressman and the Congressman over the Durham NC. area. Urge them to pressure the Federal Prosecutors in their respected areas to look into this case under Internet Fraud.

Contact your local television consumer watchdog reporter and have them work with their counterpart in the Durham area to expose this case.

If you have anymore questions pm me. You need to file suit on this guy quickly.

Skip

Hi Skip.I am down with a pretty bad tooth ache today.I don't know where to start with all these Congressman and lawyers etc.It is so hard to work a job,take care of my family and fight crime all at the same time.Maybe I just need a calgon bath:D

Columbus is about 45 officers short.I have written the NC state DA got no reply over a week ago.Maybe I will have more luck nw that I have sent my story to crimestoppers here locally.The Officer in charge knows what kind of Man I am and just maybe he can get another ball rolling..I justhate tat carolinapawntrader slandered me in a public forum like ebay..I can reply back,but what good would t do there..Maybe I will find a lawyer locally that chas connections in Durham..Thank you for all your advise.You are really a great person to Know and deal with..

• Members

Start with talking to your local Congressman. They are there to help you. Sorry about your tooth.

Internet Fraud is federal offense. I think the FBI might be jostled into action by a Federal Prosecutor. That a**holes comments on ebay are slanderous. I would sue his ass.

Skip

• Members

Start with talking to your local Congressman. They are there to help you. Sorry about your tooth.

Internet Fraud is federal offense. I think the FBI might be jostled into action by a Federal Prosecutor. That a**holes comments on ebay are slanderous. I would sue his ass.

Skip

Will do Brother.Take care, Keith

• Members

Keith, if you file a lawsuit against this guy, won't he be forced to come to YOUR county to fight it? Or will it be considered federal since it's across state lines? You might want to look into this, I'm sure he doesn't want to spend time away from his place dealing with this, it might be motivation for him to come clean, or at least acknowledge that he handled stolen stuff, even if he didn't know it was stolen when he first got it. The threat of that might be enough for him to reconsider his actions....... As DaSkip said, it sure seems you have plenty of grounds to sue the guy.

You need to post a response to the pawnshop guy's feedback response to you, too. Be sure to note that readers need to check his other feedback about selling stolen stuff, since one of the pedal purchasers posted negative against him after you proved to him the pedal the guy sold him was yours.

Archived