This thread is now about moderation in general.

Array

• Members

Originally posted by Gus Lozada

.. and keep the site's policies followed. Do not forget that.

If you do not like me, or Yoozer, or Paolo, just stay as far and away from us... and behave.

Then, everything will be fine for all. No threads to edit, no pics to delete, only deleting SPAM threads and stuff like that.

Deal?

no deal. i dont remember how long ago but some time ago this forum didnt even have a mod. as has been mentioned by other members this place is pretty self regulatory. after much discussion between regular contributers TO THIS FORUM it was requested that a mod (or 2) would be put into place in order to do some little maintainence things here and there... NOT to go around editing members posts.

see you chumps on the flip side.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about a new qualifier for threads besides OT? How about BST for bull{censored} threads, that way if you want to call someone a sleazy inbred castro loving ass wipe you could do it with impunity. A little coarse language never hurt anybody, adults should be able to mouth off like pissed off jack asses, it's what makes the english language great.

And anybody who get's offended by something in a Bull {censored} Thread should just avoid them, and not contaminate them with dispicable polite discourse and suffocating inhuman civility. If a normal thread starts to get hairy start up a BST counter part where people can go to unwind and get pissed off about accusations and long winded justifications and {censored}.

It could be a little slice of heaven for people who like to argue and say things like "Your so full of {censored} I can't belive it." You know, like an actual human being, a novelty.

When people try to put that bickering tendency under a viel of civility, then it get's really irritating, i.e. "Yes, I called you an idiot, but if you pay attention to paragraph three of John Michale Ashcrofts "idiot defined", you'll see that you quite clearly fall into the category." You also get bitchy innuendo instead of people being outright about their insults, which is just nauseating.

So, umm, yeah, Bull {censored} Threads. If people don't know what there in for over there then they should probably go to hell. You'd have limits of course, but just let the petty (or not so petty) insults fly like hot cakes. This {censored} will always be around anyways, no matter how many people you ban or moderators you have.

The battle for civility here is as farcical as the drug war, you'll never get rid of the scary bad language and pissed off groans. Just set up a mini quarintine WITHIN KSS, namely BST, where people can be the assholes they truly are, and let freedom ring.

• Members

Yeah yeah, I'm good for the moderator thing too. I'm a very busy and important man, but such a trifle as this community shall be but a truffle. I work cheap, and damn it I get results. I know everyones been talking about making me a moderator lately, and after much deliberation, I'd like to say, I humbly accept.

• Members

Originally posted by FatBaron

Moderation beyond deleting the posts and accounts of spammers is fascism.

Wrong.

I moderate four of the NI forums myself. While I very rarely edit or delete posts, I will if the poster is being offensive to an extreme in his language, or is showing a total lack of respect towards others in the forum (I don't include showing angst towards me in that category- otherwise I'd have to edit a lot more than I do:o ). I'll also delete multiple threads started by the same poster on the same topic in the same day, and I'll combine threads every once in a while.

Oh yeah- and warez posts. I'll close and lock the thread in a heartbeat on the rare occasion those show up.

ew

• Members

Originally posted by The Severalist

How about a new qualifier for threads besides OT? How about BST for bull{censored} threads, that way if you want to call someone a sleazy inbred castro loving ass wipe you could do it with impunity.

Effing brilliant!

I may have to change my quote with that one!

• Members

Originally posted by Dejavoodoo

Effing
brilliant
!

I may have to change my quote with that one!

hehhehe. That won't work. Why? Because for some reason the people who say they hate such threads will enter them, read them , and then complain or tattle tail to the mods. There are far too many hermitic posters here for that to work.

• Members

Guz is the best moderator i have ever seen on this forum .

When people with not 100% good intentions .Come, and some one that will stand up to them ,and put a stop to them.... well they are not going to like it very much .

I come here a lot , i just dont post becuase feel some times lsome members like to keep it on their on personal taste, (they will bash you if you dont have their opinion) almost like a monopoly type thiking , (their have been several similar comments from members like me , that look but dont post becuase of the same reason.) its not fair !!

I really was wating that one day some one like Guz . would come .

Archived