This thread is now about moderation in general.

Array

• Members

Originally posted by Array

[What exactly is this opinion based on?

I am entitled to present my opinions, regardless of whether or not you respect those opinions.

I remember you even tried to BS us by saying that the touch screen LCD on the OASYS cost as much as a Triton LE. What a load of crap that was, but it served as an example of how you attempted to convey your "opinion" about the OASYS as dogma.

Actually, Dan Phillips (Korg R&D) was the original source of that information. He told us the internal Korg manufacturing cost for the OASYS LCD was equal to the internal Korg manufacturing cost of the Triton LE 61.

I suppose you can claim that anything is "BS", but given Dan actually works for Korg and is on the OASYS development team, I tend to believe him.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by MartinHines

I am entitled to present my opinions, regardless of whether or not you respect those opinions.

Ah, OK, so this is the part of the thread where you run away with your tail between your legs as soon as someone asks you for some facts to back up your "rational" discussion of the OASYS? What a hypoctie you are!

Actually, Dan Phillips (Korg R&D) was the original source of that information. He told us the internal Korg manufacturing cost for the OASYS LCD was equal to the internal Korg manufacturing cost of the Triton LE 61.

I suppose you can claim that anything is "BS", but given Dan actually works for Korg and is on the OASYS development team, I tend to believe him.

Unless the Triton LE costs $150 to produce, then he too is full of {censored}. It still doesnt give them a good excuse to inflate the price to what it is.

• Members

[because I was searching the forum for Chick Korea threads, and that one somehow popped up. I was just agreeing with Mr. Potatohead's point in that thread.

That doesn't explain WHY you decided to respond to an 18-month old thread, especially knowing that ANY OASYS thread is going to cause a certain level of volatility.

• Members

Ah, OK, so this is the part of the thread where you run away with your tail between your legs as soon as someone asks you for some facts to back up your "rational" discussion of the OASYS?

Array,

You know as well as I do that YOU ARE NOT interested in a "rational discussion of the OASYS". Also, I have made no secret of the fact that I am not a synthesis expert. If you go back and search on all of my posts, you can see the information I have presented -- I talk about what I know.

If you are sincerely interested in the OASYS (and I know you aren't), I would suggest you PM Mike Conway. He seems to be very knowledgeable about synthesis and why he likes the OASYS.

I suggest you simply "let go" of all this anger you seem to have regarding Korg and the OASYS. It's not healthy.

• Members
Originally posted by carbon111

What is it with you two?!
:freak:

Carbon111,

It is no secret that I am a big fan of the OASYS. However, please pay attention to the critical fact that I am not the person who keeps initiating these OASYS threads.

For whatever reason, Array just can't seem to stop bringing up the OASYS subject time and time again.

• Members

There was a time when the MEMBERS of this forum regulated everything, even though none of them had banning, locking, or other high-level powers. Then, there was a call to get moderators, but they failed to do their jobs. Then came more rules from above, including Dave, which made things worse.

This forum sucks now compared to what it was about 2 years ago. I doubt it will ever be the same again. :(

• Members

It is no secret that I am a big fan of the OASYS. However, please pay attention to the critical fact that I am not the person who keeps initiating these OASYS threads.

Hi Martin,
I've always respected you and Array...for very different reasons but, you know, it takes two to perpetuate an argument. I have no idea why Array has a fixation in this area...maybe too much Irish Coffee...beats me. I don't know why you're just as tenacious.

For the record, I like the OASYS but do think its astronomically priced. And, just to be on topic, I do think Gus is way off base, mainly due to an unfamilarity with this community.

Also, I wouldn't like this place near as much if either you or Array weren't here...but, Jeez, someone needs to seperate you two ;)

• Members
Originally posted by scubyfan

There was a time when the MEMBERS of this forum regulated everything, even though none of them had banning, locking, or other high-level powers. Then, there was a call to get moderators, but they failed to do their jobs. Then came more rules from above, including Dave, which made things worse.

This forum sucks now compared to what it was about 2 years ago. I doubt it will ever be the same again.
:(

I'd have to agree.

HC-KSS has always been "self-moderated" above all else. If someone acted like a dick, forum members would let them know about it. If someone joined the forum to cause problems or spam, forum members were on the defensive. No one put up with any {censored}, and as a result, there was very little {censored} to put up with in the first place. It was an atmosphere of respect, loyalty and self-preservation.

Sadly, it seems that atmosphere is all but gone, and the powers that be have taken over. Powers who are unfamiliar with this forum's history, it's members, it's community, and it's modus operandi.

All good things must come to an end, unfortunately.

• Members

The problem with the moderation here, is that the social aspect is being forced out.

Alot of us "older memebers" just don't need the Q & A style of interaction this forum is coming too. While i'm sure most of us will pitch in and help, we come here for the social aspect as well. Without that, this is steadily becoming a synthesizer elementary school, and were working on our masters here. So it's less and less appealing to visit.

Yes, things have cycles, but they do tend to spin lower until they run into the ground.

At least consider splitting the forum into two, one on topic discussion and one off topic social, and let us in a democratic manner decide on what the rules of conduct (in conjuction with HC) are (aside from the legal and non legal no no's) and have them posted in a sticky in each thread, and have the moderators and users a like responsible for following them.

I think there's enough dedicated synth peple that would warrant another social forum.

At least try it out...

Since the ADSR / Oaysys stuff, were in a death spiral.. and it's going to end with not even being allowed to discuss gear wihtout a link to the musicisians friend website.

The truth is you can't make everybody happy.. and trying to do that is communist at best I think... And I aint no commie..

• Members

I'm with Carbon on this - I like both Dmitri and Martin - but I don't know why they (along with Mike and Chris) can't have a good old argument/ discussion without it falling into name calling. It's just a synth!

I also think that although this place needed some moderation, the current setup isn't working (I quite enjoyed having Db about though :thu: )

I'm not interested in Open Jam or the Political Party stuff, I wanna talk to other synth nuts about the other things we like, not what hairy-arsed geetarist are into.

So I have joined the other forum, but I'm not going to spit my dummy out of the cot.. so no leaving thread from me here either! :love:

• Members
Originally posted by carbon111

Hi Martin,

I've always respected you and Array...for very different reasons but, you know, it takes
two
to perpetuate an argument. I have no idea why Array has a fixation in this area...maybe too much Irish Coffee...beats me. I don't know why you're just as tenacious.

When someone like Array:
-- dredges up an 18-month old OASYS thread
-- creates TWO threads with "Martin Hines" in the title

for the SOLE PURPOSE of trying to attack me personally, I WILL respond. I can be "tenacious", but in this case I classify my actions as "self-defense". At least that is what I will tell the judge, err moderators, if they bring me up on charges. :)

• Members

Yea I forgot the D, but the original sentiment still stands.

I've been into the backstage and open jam, but it's mostly guys in cover bands talking about gigs.

That just isn't, us.....

This is after a case of Mt Dew, it's 2am, and our wives keep their heads through the door..

zombie.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Mook

but I don't know why they (along with Mike and Chris) can't have a good old argument/ discussion without it falling into name calling. It's just a synth!

Mook,

I would agree with you, but Array isn't trying to have a discussion about the OASYS the product.

These two recent threads he created look like attempts at personal attacks on me, given my name is in the title:

-- "Martin Hines is to Korg as..."

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1407638

-- "Mart Hines is an OASYS fanboy"

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1407682

You surely don't believe Array's intent with these two threads was to discuss the OASYS product, do you?

• Members

You sure havent been very "tolerant" of this opinion in the past. By the time you showed up, people have pretty much laid the OASYS topic to rest. I.E. it looked interesting, but it wasnt for them.

HA HA HA HA.

You can't be serious.

You're the one CONSTANTLY TROLLING this issue.

DUDE, what's up with you?

Go ahead, say I work for Korg. I need a good laugh.

BTW, seems the mods are pretty tolerant of this socializing?

Or would you rather have a forum where it's acceptable to try to start a "discussion", have someone respond, and then tell them to STFU?

Try that in your "indie record store" and you'd probably get your teeth kicked in...

Now can we talk about synths?

Archived