Most Famous band you've been in or opened for

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

and the accompanying "worst case scenario" question dropped on you right after you get there:

"Hey - do you mind if we backline?"

:D
:D

I did both of those gigs at the same club. I'm convinced we were asked to do them because my band at the time was a trio and took up very little space on stage.

• Members

Was in a band called Overstreet in the Boston area in the 90's......opened up for the tubes one night ( after fee waybill left they had some other singer )....

we also opened up for The Guess Who...........they were on some sort of reunion or farwell tour.............I forget which.......

Both shows were packed.

Also was in a band called Viper in the 80's..............we played with till tuesday a few times ( before they almost made it )....

Now I just play withmyself:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by DonaldDemon

THE TEA PARTY
:love:

That must have been coool. They are one of my favorites.

The venue was a 5000 seat natural ampitheatre. It was a great venue and a previous Tea Party show was one of the best I've seen but this night we'd been on a month-long tour and didn't sleep in an effort to travel back across the country to do The Tea Party and we played like {censored}.

Some very impressive lists here and a thread like this brings out the lurkers.

• Members

Originally posted by gtrwiz

Then I moved to Austin, I played with a rapper called Overlord. We used to open for Coolio, and Kid Rock. We also did some shows with Run DMC and KRS One, who is IMO, the black version of Elvis. Patrice from RockStar sat in with us a lot.

Hahaha, Overlord was the RA on the floor above me in my dorm during my freshman year at UT (1988). Damn, that guy was no freakin fun at all, and would bust anyone for anything (myself included, many times). Eventually got friendly with him though, we'd joke and call him MC Overhammer. It was kind of cool to see him progress musically, at first he was pretty awful, or to quote KRS One...he was "whick whick whack...whick whack."

• Members

My old band was booked with GWAR once...it was up on the marquee and everything....turned out to be a mistake and they switched our gig dates before the show. :(

thats about as good as it gets for me at the moment.

hopefully that will soon change :D

• Members

Secret Machines
Interpol
Mogwai
And you will know us by the trail of dead
The Fall
The Kills
Polyphonic spree
Mono
Toadies
Whirlwind Heat
Lift to Experience
Vue
The shins
Explosions in the Sky
Warlocks
Jonathan fire eater
five-eight
Social distortion
16 Deluxe
Slant 6
Calla
The Factory Press
The Paper Chase
too many to remember

• Members
Originally posted by falconproject

Secret Machines

Interpol

Mogwai

And you will know us by the trail of dead

The Fall

The Kills

Polyphonic spree

Mono

Toadies

Whirlwind Heat

Lift to Experience

Vue

The shins

Explosions in the Sky

Warlocks

Jonathan fire eater

five-eight

Social distortion

16 Deluxe

Slant 6

Calla

The Factory Press

The Paper Chase

too many to remember

Wow - impressive, man! :eek:

How were Lift To Experience?

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

my band might open for Planes Mistaken for Stars when they hit the east coast. we're in talks with them now.

Are those guys still playing? We played on the same bill as one of their side projects, Ghost Buffalo. That was cool...

My current band has only been around a few months, but I just heard today that we'll be playing after Dressy Bessy later this month. The Plus Ones are on the bill too...

An old incarnation of this band opened for Patrick Swayze's band when we were in high school. We didn't even know who he was...(whoops)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived