Most Famous band you've been in or opened for

• Members

I was in a band called The High Llamas, before the Stereolab linked High Llamas. We opened for:

Dramarama
Dream Syndicate
Bo Deans
Rodney Crowell

Had a few songs on college radio, and on HFS locally.

For what that was all worth.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Sonaboy

i went to high school with the singer, Chad.

No way! ALL and Descendents have been a fav of mine since I was really young (older sister's influence). I've only got to see them play once, and that was a short festival set! oh well, Chad was in double denim with long hair and beard haha...

• Members

Originally posted by milodubsky

No way! ALL and Descendents have been a fav of mine since I was really young (older sister's influence). I've only got to see them play once, and that was a short festival set! oh well, Chad was in double denim with long hair and beard haha...

hah...yep - sounds like him.

he's playing with a band called Drag The River now - a roots rock thing.

they're still pretty good - check them out.

• Members

Originally posted by gil1

I was in a band called The High Llamas, before the Stereolab linked High Llamas. We opened for:

Dramarama

Dream Syndicate

Bo Deans

Rodney Crowell

i think i know that band!

i like rodney crowell..

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

i think i know that band!

i like rodney crowell..

There was some kind of wierd Japanese compilation that I think had a High Llamas song on it.

I don't even know if it was us, or the other High Llamas, or what it was.

I know I didn't get paid for it.

• Members

Oh yeah, and I opened for Rick May's current project. He's a sessions player, and he's done a lot of work with a lot of people: Andy Summers (Police), Dave Ogilvie (Nine Inch Nails), dbClifford, Denton Whited (Philosopher Kings), Depeche Mode, members of DEVO, Doug Cox, Joby Baker, Kia Kadiri, Kuba, Lappelectro, Lester Quitzau, Lindy, Luke Doucet, Mae Moore, Marc Almond (Soft Cell), Michael Jackson, Neal X (Sigue Sigue Sputnik), Rachelle van Zanten, Richie Gajate Garcia, Rickie Lee Jones, Ritchie Hayward (Little Feat), Roger Taylor(Duran Duran), Sass Jordan, Taj Mahal, Tchad Blake, Todd Butler, Velvet and many others.
In a way, it's like I've opened for all of them.

• Members

There was some kind of wierd Japanese compilation that I think had a High Llamas song on it.

I don't even know if it was us, or the other High Llamas, or what it was.

I know I didn't get paid for it.
[/quote

did that come about early 90's or so? like with the manchester scene?

dont worry about not getting paid, ive been on 2 or 3 samplers who took my stuff :mad: : a korean acid jazz comp I played guitar on (gretsc thru a delay/phase), an echo adn the bunnymen like track, and the most fmaous..the planting seeds records jesus and mary chain tribute comp (le vainquere..reverence. and it was a {censored}in good version, really hard and funky!)

oh well

• Members

Dramarama

Dream Syndicate

Bo Deans

Rodney Crowell

No way! I love the High Llamas!

*puts gil1 in the book of awesome*

• Members

Back in the early 90s a thrash band I was in organized and opened a couple shows for a band called Revenant. Also, we did a number of shows opening for Vital Remains who are still very big in the death/black metal genre. Thank goodness for those Swedish suburbs. Both bands were fairly well known in the scene. I guess that's about it. I don't play metal anymore. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by The Friendly Ranger

Hotel toured with some of the bands you mentioned. Does the name Marc Phillips ring a bell?

The name does ring a Bell.

(I'm having a brain fart.One of me 2000 of them syndrome.)

Not on a personal level..Isn't he a keyboard/song writer/musician kinda guy?? He has played with a few of the groups in different lineups..Right??

I recorded often in B-ham at PolyMusic back in the 80's..PLayed Al's crossroads..Has Marc ever played with Mothers Finest or Steve Morse Band or the Dregs???

Archived