• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
No one you'd have heard of bruv! Anyhow, my band's Myspace is
here

I've also toured with benmuky, fine upstanding young man that he is
:thu:

youthmovies were the best band i saw at atp. or maybe tied with why? or les savy fav. but definately up there.

• Members

I've gotten about half way through this thread, some impressive lists in here.

Way back when I was 19, I started a band in Seattle with the former drummer of Green River (previous band of Mudhoney, Pearl Jam members). We opened for the Reverend Horton Heat and the original line up of the Supersuckers (five piece with a "separate" lead singer). It was at this hot {censored} bar in Seattle, the Vogue. Mark Arm was in the audience, he told our drummer that his guitar player was cool, I was on cloud nine after that.

A few years later a different band I was in ended up opening for Candlebox.

Then I played bass in a punk band about ten years ago, we opened for the Supersuckers (four piece line up) several times (cause our lead guitarist was their guitar tech).

That's about it for me, not much beyond Seattle connections.

• Members
Seconded! One of my favourite bands. Whiskas gets some mighty fine tone! Is he using supersonic amps!? Sounded good at Sheffield supporting Biffy anyway. They blew Biffy off the stage!

Also, Ben, did you go to University in Leeds? One of my tutors was friends with the Forward Russia guys, apparently, Lee Martin? No?

It's a Fender ToneMaster with the drive channel used as his "clean" sound, a BOSS SD-1 to boost that and the heavy stuff is a Russian Big Muff on the clean channel.

Here's his pedal board in a very untidy state.
IMG_1201.jpg

Note the amp channel switch built into the Big Muff.

• Members

Around the turn of the millennium, I lived in Albuquerque and played and sang for an indiepop band. For about a year there, I think we played half our shows with The Shins.

Because the Shins were originally just a spinoff band (they were then still playing shows as Flake and Flakemusic), they actually opened for us when we played together.

Didn't take long before the whole world realized that they were great (much better than my band, for sure), and now I'd be lucky if I could get on their guest list. Sigh.

• Members

I toured with Hanson for many years due to a contractual obligation- plus I used to babysit them so I felt obligated.

Those little bastards tore {censored} up on stage every night! They {censored}ed up so many state fairs we lost count! Literally. There was a lawsuit. We should have been paid for 20+ state fairs and our agent tried to say we played like 19. Puh-lease!:rolleyes:

We settled out of court due to some indiscretions of our triangle "player" Julio. All in all, I'd definitely trade the experience for any other available. :cool:

Archived