Any Les Paul players?

Elliott Damage

now the real question, how many of you guys with the 70's models still have the knuckle-shredders in place??
:D

Historical accuracy gets dumped in favor of intact fingers IMO. I'd pull the knob indicators off if I still had a 70's era LP.

I wouldn't mind having a wine red Deluxe, but they don't have them available in the slimmer 60's era necks - just the fatter 50's era necks. :(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you know now that i think about it and post those pics... i allways wanted a Les Paul growing up. It was my dream guitar. Exactly like that color and top. Then i got one, and i was like, "wow i cant believe i own this guitar"... and the funny thing is, i still feel that way. I look at it and i cant believe i own it. I dont play it nearly as much as my Fenders, but it's such a work of beauty.

I know exactly what you mean, Waco. Getting a Les Paul was my dream too, from before I really played guitar. I played acoustic for a year or two, got a couple crappy electrics (strat-style) and saved-up. My first Les Paul was an Epiphone in wine red. It got a lot of play; it was years later that I got this one. I searched and searched for the '59RI for a while and played them whenever I saw them in music stores. I wanted that particular burst and when I finally got it I was so happy. I don't play it as much as my Strat or Dot lately, but every time I touch it I still get the same feeling.

• Members

I've had three different LP's at one time or another. I will have another in the future, I'm going to take my time and find the one. I love the way they play and sound. YMMV

i've tried a few Heritage's that were unbelievable and cheaper than a standard gibson! maybe one of those should be my next guitar.

• Members

ive had a few tokais (old ones are great) and my old burny custom (really nice). Ive played gibbies (mostly 70's and 80's forever, i played two this weekend), i have never found one that i really loved. the tokais had great pups, but i guess i like a 335 style more. maybe im used to strumming an acosutic too much

• Members
can any of you guys tell me about mini 'buckers?

I love them - a little microphonic with anything more than low/med gain, but such a killer sound. The bridge can get almost Tele thin, really has a lot of spank - dial back the tone knob and it gets a LOT thicker but still reatins all the clarity/articulation. The neck pup is gorgeous - full without flab, throaty, smoky, also very articulate. I love the middle position tones - chime from a LP, who knew..?

:love: :love: :love:

Archived