Elliott Damage

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i've seen those before....

do want!

are they the best for the dollar?

I think they came with P-100s in them (the humbucking version of the P-90) - basically a LP Studio. David Hidalgo of Los Lobos used one as his main touring guitar for a number of years in the '90s. I'm pretty sure their live version of 'Politician' is his Studio Gem - killer sounding guitar...

• Members
I don't doubt that at all. Who needs upper fret access when you have tone the size of Texas.
:thu:

I've played a couple myself, and well it's a good thing I'm a realist at times when it comes to finances.

Those used to be the most affordable vintage Gibson hollowbody you could find, my buddy got his from a GC for $400 about 15 years ago...

• Members

i've owned:

a black heritage.
a guitar center special all gold LP form the 80's.
2 1970 black beauties
1 maple board 1977 in natural.
a 1980's sunburst.

it took all of these to realise i don't like LP's....

unless it's a 1968-71 black beauty w, the embossed pickups or a 68ish gold top w/ p90's!!!:love:

• Members
I love them - a little microphonic with anything more than low/med gain, but such a killer sound. The bridge can get almost Tele thin, really has a lot of spank - dial back the tone knob and it gets a LOT thicker but still reatins all the clarity/articulation. The neck pup is gorgeous - full without flab, throaty, smoky, also very articulate. I love the middle position tones - chime from a LP, who knew..?

:love:

minus the microphonic bit and you have descirbed my LP's minis.

I find them in a great spot.. kinda like P-90's but with more bass.

• Members
you know now that i think about it and post those pics... i allways wanted a Les Paul growing up. It was my dream guitar. Exactly like that color and top. Then i got one, and i was like, "wow i cant believe i own this guitar"... and the funny thing is, i still feel that way. I look at it and i cant believe i own it. I dont play it nearly as much as my Fenders, but it's such a work of beauty.

I've wanted this since I was 14, and she's my #1. I love this guitar,
lespaul.jpg

• Members

i must admit that there are some Gibsons that look/play/sound great, but in my experience they are few and far between. i don't like that company, and their product rarely impresses me.

give me a rickenbacker or a nice tele.

don't hate me.

i don't hate you.

The Gibson company sickens me these days.

Archived