Any Les Paul players?

Elliott Damage

• Members

Lot's of Fender players here. Now i feel like I must have a tele!

But I still play my Tokai Love Rock. i like to use both pickups for clean, sort of gives a single coil typle of clean sound that will hold me over! I think if I put a P-90 in the neck and a vintage humbucker in the bridge I could really fall in love with this guitar.

Any Les Paul or Les Paul type players here? Let's see some guitars and hear some comments. :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
mylespaul.jpg

It's a '68. Used to belong to my dad. The pickups sound so old and noisy. I love it. It plays like a dream. The neck it like a tree trunk, which i love. It's just weird to go from this to my jazzmaster neck. I get over it quickly though.

that's my dream guitar!

how does it sound compared to your jazzmaster?

• Members

that's my dream guitar!

how does it sound compared to your jazzmaster?

The pickups are thicker, more midrange. I think they have a little more output, but because they're so old i think they lack in the sustain department.

When i use the les paul, I tend to set my amp really trebley and use the middle position on the pickups.

• Members
The pickups are thicker, more midrange. I think they have a little more output, but because they're so old i think they lack in the sustain department.

When i use the les paul, I tend to set my amp really trebley and use the middle position on the pickups.

cool. I like the middle position of Les Pauls also. I want to put humbucker sized p-90's in my guitar. maybe.

I just noticed you're from Cherry Hill. I'm from Cape May.
:thu: for NJ!

3%20Gtrs.jpg

It's a mid-late 90's Epi Les Paul Limited Edition in trans red. It doesn't show up too well on the picture, but it has a respectable amount of flame veneer on the maple cap. I liked it better than any sub-$2,000 Gibson in the shop the day I bought it, so I decided to get it instead of the Gibson I had originally intended to buy.

• Members
3%20Gtrs.jpg

It's a mid-late 90's Epi Les Paul Limited Edition in trans red. It doesn't show up too well on the picture, but it has a respectable amount of flame veneer on the maple cap. I liked it better than any sub-$2,000 Gibson in the shop the day I bought it, so I decided to get it instead of the Gibson I had originally intended to buy.

i'm not a Gibson snob at all. I would never pay $2000 for one!

you have such nice stuff Phil :thu:

• Members

you know now that i think about it and post those pics... i allways wanted a Les Paul growing up. It was my dream guitar. Exactly like that color and top. Then i got one, and i was like, "wow i cant believe i own this guitar"... and the funny thing is, i still feel that way. I look at it and i cant believe i own it. I dont play it nearly as much as my Fenders, but it's such a work of beauty.

Archived